A2A 172 dev video 1 of 3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A2A 172 dev video 1 of 3

A2A 172 dev video 1 of 3

Hey guys,
    This was posted by Lewis over at the A2A forum. Development video 1 of 3 for the A2A 172. If all goes well, it should be released within a week or so.

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    Hey guys,
    This was posted by Lewis over at the A2A forum. Development video 1 of 3 for the A2A 172. If all goes well, it should be released within a week or so.

Cheers
    TJ
    "We did the sounds late at night in the hanger." LOLROTHF. Note the lowering of the voice to almost a whisper. "Shhhhh, be very, very quiet, I'm hunting rabbits". Great marketing Lewis. I love your narrative style.

Man my credit card has been taking a beating lately.
    And when the wife finds out so will I.

So perhaps RealAir http://www.realairsimulations.com/li...hp?page=coming never finish it.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Great product too by the the look of things... wow.

As long as I don't get oil stains on the carpet I guess this is going to be pretty good.

Blog Entries
    Scott and his team are always raising the bar...this time they have outdone themselves...WOW!!! Donna just got her PPL and I am renewing mine...life on FSX is about to be really fun!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I had no idea the A2A 172 was so close to release! Outstanding.

I really love how they've incorporated a preflight walkaround feature. The Aerosoft Katana 4X is the only other plane I've seen that has similar functionality, although from appearances it's nowhere near as comprehensive and immersive as the Cessna's.

I'm sure this one will set all sorts of sales records. Thanks A2A!
    -Mark

Master of Disaster
    I hope they do a "walk around" for the P-51D.
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

If you damage the plane you should not be able to fly the plane again for a hour.If you crash and die you should not be able to fly for 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    If you damage the plane you should not be able to fly the plane again for a hour.If you crash and die you should not be able to fly for 24 hours.
    If you damage your engine beyond repair, A2A will sell you a rebuilt for $5.00

Charter Member 2015
    Great to see that Heidi has finally gotten over her fear of flying (most likely caused in no small by my antics in the Cub) and has now become a pilot herself!

I wager that this addon will be A2A's most successful and profitable to date.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Maybe this is where the hobby is going??? I would love to see that level of detail in other more complex models.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Providing some form of consequence other than having to going to a screen and resetting the mechanical aspects would be interesting.Completely optional and customizable by the user of course.Maybe use a novice,standard,advanced menu with options.
    Any mechanical damages would be penalized to the user in one fashion while physical injuries or death would be handled in another way.I have found that even when I try to fly realistically and really put my head into it without any real penalties other than maybe smoking a warbird's engine I will drift off into another burning holes in the sky session. With a penalty system I know that if I boink this landing or clip a tree its going to be a real PITA to get back in the air I will really tighten up. You want the sim to have a trainee putting a death grip on that stick and gritting those teeth while a veteran flyer will be confident yet know he can get bit in the azz.
    The great thing about a Accusim 172 is that it accessable in real life by most anybody and simple enough to operate with minimal training.
    So it would be a perfect candidate for some sort of Damage Accident Modeling System. DAMS
    I dunno my morning coffee has long worn off. Accu-Pilot??? Accu-Accident??Accu-life

A2A Cessna 172 videos

I saw one video though how can you see the other ones. It says 1 of 3

Quote Originally Posted by Bobr2 View Post
    I saw one video though how can you see the other ones. It says 1 of 3
    They haven't been finished yet. When A2A finishes the next video, I'll post a link here.:mixedsmi:
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rotten to the core A2A.

My reply to A2A and Scott (in an hushed and suppressed excited tone) - God-dam you Scot !!

In trying to get a grip with my finances I have agreed to a frugal budget on spending - no more than one purchase of any Add-on (or game) in a month - period!

I had already decided I was going to buy the Aerosoft Twotter at the end of this month -imagining multiple scenarios in my head of where I would fly it, having mentally already purchased it - and now you have really thrown a spanner in the works... it has just jumped back a pace in the anticipated purchase list.

Jeez A2A , have you no decency. !!

SOH-CM-2023
    Blog Entries
    Providing some form of consequence other than having to going to a screen and resetting the mechanical aspects would be interesting.Completely optional and customizable by the user of course.Maybe use a novice,standard,advanced menu with options.
    Any mechanical damages would be penalized to the user in one fashion while physical injuries or death would be handled in another way.I have found that even when I try to fly realistically and really put my head into it without any real penalties other than maybe smoking a warbird's engine I will drift off into another burning holes in the sky session. With a penalty system I know that if I boink this landing or clip a tree its going to be a real PITA to get back in the air I will really tighten up. You want the sim to have a trainee putting a death grip on that stick and gritting those teeth while a veteran flyer will be confident yet know he can get bit in the azz.
    The great thing about a Accusim 172 is that it accessable in real life by most anybody and simple enough to operate with minimal training.
    So it would be a perfect candidate for some sort of Damage Accident Modeling System. DAMS
    I dunno my morning coffee has long worn off. Accu-Pilot??? Accu-Accident??Accu-life
    Absolutely a splendid idea that will make a lot of people happy if it is realized, as long as you can turn the 'punishment' off. I like realistic flight models etc. very much, but usually I only make short hops just for fun. I would not want o have to wait for an hour or longer because I forgot to watch the oil pressure. Some will now say that it is good that I no longer fly real aeroplanes.

Part II is here!:mixedsmi:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

man..im thinking i might want to just remove all of my add-on planes after i get this one,save the A2A J3 cub,put them all in a secondary hanger easy to add back..and then just fly this C-172 for a few months or more until im very proficient at realistic flying.ive always felt i just scrape by ,that i dont have a grip on using the radios and navigation equipment...sounds like with this purchase we will get a package that will be all inclusive with training aides ect.

i just wish there was a way to hide my hundreds of planes from the sim on start up but be able to grab them for use as needed.

Hell Dave, don't worry whether or not you can fly by procedures. Half, if not more of the USA population (or more world-wide) don't know how to drive vehicles respectively. Just FLY IT! Forget the rules!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    i just wish there was a way to hide my hundreds of planes from the sim on start up but be able to grab them for use as needed.
    Just go into each aircraft folder you don't want to show at start up and change the name of the "panel" folder to "panel hide" or whatever you like. Then it won't show up in the aircraft selection window, but can be made to show up again whenever you want by changing the name back to "panel."

The A2A attention to detail is simply stunning.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by griphos View Post
    Just go into each aircraft folder you don't want to show at start up and change the name of the "panel" folder to "panel hide" or whatever you like. Then it won't show up in the aircraft selection window, but can be made to show up again whenever you want by changing the name back to "panel."
    Or you could use the tool Flusifix (there is a link to the English version on the right of the page). In the "AI-Traffic" Menu of that tool there is an item called "Aircraft selection" that allows you to quickly include or exclude the aircraft of your choice. It does that by renaming the panel.cfg file in each aircraft's subfolder. It's basically an easier and quicker way than delving into the FSX folder yourself and renaming files manually one by one.
    Happy Flying
    - Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    FSX Controls also allows you to selectively remove thumbnails from being displayed.

https://sites.google.com/site/fsxcontrols/Home

Dave