Mil Mi-24V for FSX Released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mil Mi-24V for FSX Released

Mil Mi-24V for FSX Released

Just a heads up, Nemeths have released their Hind. Hopefully we can do without the usual Nemeth slagging from some
    http://www.nemethdesigns.com/payware...-hind-fsx.html
    Best, Michael

Charter Member 2012
    I think I will wait for recommendations first from you guys on this one. In the past I would have rushed to buy but............

Im looking forward more to the Alabeo R66

Great! What a surprise!

But too many new addons for now .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I like Nemeth.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    I think I will wait for recommendations first from you guys on this one. In the past I would have rushed to buy but............

Im looking forward more to the Alabeo R66
    +1!
    i can wait.
    ichael

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    It looks fantastic!

It goes on the 'shortlist' but that's getting longer and longer, and with the Milviz Stuka also out, the Virtavia B-29 not too far off and FtX Global being quite expensive...... :isadizzy:

How long can you survive on just old bread and water...?
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

so far? about 2 months...but I could murder a cheeseburger right now
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    so far? about 2 months...but I could murder a cheeseburger right now
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

i will pick it up once i get time
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Any feedback on this copter ?
    I've been waiting for a good FSX Mi-24 for ages, and Virtavia is not the kind of products I'm looking for. So what about this Nemeth ?
    Is it realistic or is it one of these "default Bell-206 with different body shape" again ?
    The screenshots of the cockpit (here: http://www.nemethdesigns.com/blog/en...reenshots.html ) look quite good...

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Any feedback on this copter ?
    I've been waiting for a good FSX Mi-24 for ages, and Virtavia is not the kind of products I'm looking for. So what about this Nemeth ?
    Is it realistic or is it one of these "default Bell-206 with different body shape" again ?
    The screenshots of the cockpit (here: http://www.nemethdesigns.com/blog/en...reenshots.html ) look quite good...
    Some comments at Hovercraft.

And I seem to be the only one that has encountered some specific issues with the vc as being discussed on the Nemeth forums.

The cockpit is all in Russian which is realistic, but there are no tool tips so I'm finding it a real challenge to properly configure for flight. Overall, it's more complex than the Virtavia version (which is why we like Nemeth, right?), but in my opinion there is still some room for improvement.

I'm curious to see what others think or any issues they encounter.
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Ok, after this small patch for VC I back to Mi-24 and start to do the new real repaint. This is still Wip, based on Polish Mi-24W (V version) used now by Polish contingent in Afganistan. Default skins for me are to fresh and clear (but very like Paintkit by ND!) so I did big modification of weathering too and lines. Finished in near 70%. I hope will be soon.

Movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6IEAAtDods .

Last edited by YoYo; December 5th, 2013 at 14:33.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

why did they make the nav lights so big it clips the model? :\

Quote Originally Posted by adi518 View Post
    why did they make the nav lights so big it clips the model? :\
    Yep, too big. Many models has this tendency (perhaps default lights from FSX). Always You can try to improve it by 3DLighs Redux.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Some comments at Hovercraft.

And I seem to be the only one that has encountered some specific issues with the vc as being discussed on the Nemeth forums.

The cockpit is all in Russian which is realistic, but there are no tool tips so I'm finding it a real challenge to properly configure for flight. Overall, it's more complex than the Virtavia version (which is why we like Nemeth, right?), but in my opinion there is still some room for improvement.

I'm curious to see what others think or any issues they encounter.
    I didn't see your answer back in August, sorry for that.
    Thanks a lot for that link. It seems that Hind in interesting on the realism level, but not so usable due to the lack of tooltips in English...
    And some people are getting artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    And some people are getting artifacts.
    No, ND did small patch (in zip file). It is presents on his Forum now. Solved this problem (I had too this bug).

Ah, that sounds good
    Thanks for this information. I think I'm going to take a look on their forums to learn more about this bird.

realy enjoy the mi24

Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Nice video, Cirrus.
    -- WH

Ok, the repaint is finished. Just need to do final zip file.

Last edited by YoYo; December 7th, 2013 at 06:19.

Nemeth vs. Virtavia Mi-24...

...are they identical? I'm getting the impression it is a joint development.

If they are not identical, which is better? (I tend to like the max number of loadout options...)

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    ...are they identical? I'm getting the impression it is a joint development.

If they are not identical, which is better? (I tend to like the max number of loadout options...)

Kent
    No, they are not identical nor are they a joint development. Just two different approaches to create the same helo.

Hard to say which is better. Both have their fine and not-so-fine points (IMO).

I like the Virtavia machine 'cause it's easier to start, has tool tips for gauges, and there are lots of repaints coming out. I like the Nemeth machine as its seems a little more realistic, more detail on the models and better sounds, and has some additional features and effects. Both has about the same number of animations.

Basically, I'm still going back and forth flying both to answer the same question you raised as to which is better. As for loadouts, there are 3 Virtavia models and only 2 Nemeth models if that answers your question.
    -- WH

Hmmm....sounds like an excuse to buy both! Here's a question-- it appears that the Virtavia version has an "empty" (nothing on the pylons) loadout. Does the Nemeth have that as one of it's two loadouts as well?

Kent

Aaarrgg... I had to pull my Virtavia version out of the hangar to answer your questions.

No, the Virtavia version does not have a 'clean' model. All three models have different weapon loadouts. I also forgot to mention that the Virtavia version has a working HUD, VC Map (gps), and you can hide the crew. The Nemeth has none, other than a targeting reticle.

The Nemeth versions are clean and with loadout. No variations on loadouts.

Last edited by WarHorse47; December 8th, 2013 at 18:24.
    -- WH

Cool-- thanks WarHorse!

Kent

Members who have read this thread: 45