FOXSports "Speed"

Thread: FOXSports "Speed"

Lightbulb FOXSports "Speed"

http://msn.foxsports.com/speed
    My initial thoughts - Not as good as SPEEDTV was.

If they can refrain from joining racing programs in progress due to stick and ball time overruns it will be tolerable. Biggest problem so far was the loss of Wind Tunnel.

I don't like the change either......

TV networks work on a simple principle, money. They will try different shows, events, whatever, and watch for viewer reaction as expressed by the number of people watching the program. Programming that attracts lots of viewers means lots of money spent by advertisers placing commercials to be run during the popular programs. If FoxSports starts running coverage of curling, and 40,000 people watch it, then they cover a NASCAR race and 100,000 people watch, guess which program will get more coverage? NASCAR still has a huge fan base and I think that since the economy has tanked, many fans who used to attend races are now watching them on tv.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Outside of FOXSports/NASCAR
    The in-depth coverage of other forms of motorsports just isn't there like it was during the SPEED era.....

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Outside of FOXSports/NASCAR
    The in-depth coverage of other forms of motorsports just isn't there like it was during the SPEED era.....
    There were only two shows that covered all motor sports, Wind Tunnel and Speed Report. Both are gone leaving none on TV that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    There were only two shows that covered all motor sports, Wind Tunnel and Speed Report. Both are gone leaving none on TV that I know of.

Television wise, yup...But I was referring to the written content......

A few missed camera angles today for the Indy MotoGP, and I don't need the ticker at bottom telling me about ARod every 2 minutes. Sucks.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

If you're a racing fan only (no other sports interest you) then this new program might suck. And if you loved watching car auctions and endless reruns of "Pinks" and "Passtime", then this new program might really (really) suck... Me, I'm not much into many other sports (except maybe baseball), and I don't miss "pinks", nor "passtime" (well ok, I will miss (Miss) Paige, the 'car wrangler'), nor "how to work on your hotrod". I don't even miss "Trackside", or even "Race Day", for that matter. Hey, at least Race Day is now, mercifully, only one hour long! How long am I supposed to keep that "mayhem meter" pegged anyway? Long story short, racing coverage is still covered, enough, so I'm fine with it. The only thing I will miss is Dave Despain.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Today Camping World Truck qualifying and Whelen Modified race at Bristol will be carried on Fox Sports 2. Does anyone have that, I sure don't? I found it in a more expensive Dish package but it's not worth the added expense. Now we know why SPEED was better!

i have it..it is the old "Fuel"...what gets me..i have directv..and the nationwide race for friday night isnt listed on my program lineup......i dont get it..

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Today Camping World Truck qualifying and Whelen Modified race at Bristol will be carried on Fox Sports 2. Does anyone have that, I sure don't? I found it in a more expensive Dish package but it's not worth the added expense. Now we know why SPEED was better!

Guess I'm lucky...I've got FOXSports2 here on Time-Warner cable....(Channel 264)

I just found the Fox Sports 2 channel by accident, 398 or some such, on the Dish system. It's in very low resolution non-HD.
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    I just found the Fox Sports 2 channel by accident, 398 or some such, on the Dish system. It's in very low resolution non-HD.
    Yeah me too - I was trying to find the HD version of the channel but there appears to be none....

FS1 (219) and FS2 (618) on directv are both in HD,mater of fact they show as FS1HD and FS2HD on the guide...and for some odd reason the nationwide race now shows at 5pm for me friday night....

Whichever way you go one needs a recording device. The ad's just kill everything.

I used to get ARCA races too, now that has gone to NBCSC. Strange how some of the cheap stations are placed in the most expensive packages. If you want to see all the racing you are forced to buy the second most expensive package they have. And DISH ought to quit the phony commercials picking on Directv as they are absolutely no better.