Manfred's Douglas C-47 Reloaded (Beta) - Page 14
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314151617181920212224 ... LastLast

Thread: Manfred's Douglas C-47 Reloaded (Beta)

That dose look Preeeeettty , CS6 , i should upgrade my 5.5 ... had a chuckle , in a local copy center they were still using PS7 in the front office .. guess it proves old tools still work well <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

This really is quite impressive work! I've always appreciated MF's earlier version which I've enjoyed a great deal. This new collaboration has risen to quite advanced payware quality it seems to me. Really stunning.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    Thanks Mark, I kind of left the skins for everyone else, but I couldn't resist doing one for posterity.

Hey, I've been cross referencing the different cockpits....old MJ C-47, new beta model and skins while MJ is offline. If the old default DC-3 cockpit is adequate, that can be aliased to the beta I'm working with. The cool startup doesn't work, but the look is more to your taste. I only had to tweak the viewpoints a bit to synch everything in with the EZ Dok.
    So any wag as to when you think this might be RTP?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Somehow I've become the unofficial spokesperson for MJ. I had an email about a week ago from him. He had to take a bit of time for himself.
    I know everyone is really anticipating this release...I am as well. (elevator music)

The upside is that I've had time to dial in the art. All ya'll will be the beneficiaries of the extra work, so it's a good thing.

I just did an RAF paint that'll go into the new release. Have a look.

Attachment 93387
    Attachment 93389
    Attachment 93391
    Attachment 93388
    Attachment 93390
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

I love the worn look, again. What scenery is that, by the way?

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    I love the worn look, again. What scenery is that, by the way?

Cheers,
    Mark
    I couldn't leave the RAF out...I'd be drawn and quartered.

The scenery is mine. I've been developing the whole region where I live around KMMH. That particular shot is Lake Crowley about 5 miles east of KMMH. I've done a lot of high res sat overlays from KBIH Bishop to O57 Bryant in Bridgeport and out to KNFL Fallon. I fly that triangle quite a bit, so it's cool to have the high def.

I'm concentrating on water masks right now. The new project is surrounded by water, so I spent some time developing some new techniques for that application. The last few groups of shots I posted in this thread were Mono Lake at O24 Lee Vining, KMMH/Crowley and O57 Bryant.

All of the sat images are Virtual Earth 50cm and were taken last year at low water during the season when the algae really turns over. The combination of the green water with algae rafts is gorgeous. The wave animations are a custom smooth water I tweaked in REX. This stuff looks really good in motion.

This is O57 Bryant in high def with high end water masks...looks pretty convincing. I really like autogen over PR high def.
    Attachment 93393
    Attachment 93396
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Brilliant watermasking (vegetation)! Must have been a lot of work.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I couldn't leave the RAF out...I'd be drawn and quartered.

The scenery is mine. I've been developing the whole region where I live around KMMH. That particular shot is Lake Crowley about 5 miles east of KMMH. I've done a lot of high res sat overlays from KBIH Bishop to O57 Bryant in Bridgeport and out to KNFL Fallon. I fly that triangle quite a bit, so it's cool to have the high def.

I'm concentrating on water masks right now. The new project is surrounded by water, so I spent some time developing some new techniques for that application. The last few groups of shots I posted in this thread were Mono Lake at O24 Lee Vining, KMMH/Crowley and O57 Bryant.

All of the sat images are Virtual Earth 50cm and were taken last year at low water during the season when the algae really turns over. The combination of the green water with algae rafts is gorgeous. The wave animations are a custom smooth water I tweaked in REX. This stuff looks really good in motion.

This is O57 Bryant in high def with high end water masks...looks pretty convincing. I really like autogen over PR high def.
    Attachment 93393
    Attachment 93396
    AH good old Mammoth Lakes Yosemite area. Do you detect any of the sulfur in the air? I'd like to visit Yosemite (on bucket list)
    That is stunning scenery and you did a great job Gman Is this something you will share with us when you finish?
    Looks like a salt brine in the water and salt on that white beach.....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    Brilliant watermasking (vegetation)! Must have been a lot of work.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Thanks Mark, it is some extra work, but worth it. I've been flying the beta DAK out of here quite a bit. Between the airplane and the PR I'm really enjoying the flying.
    Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FSX68 View Post
    AH good old Mammoth Lakes Yosemite area. Do you detect any of the sulfur in the air?
    Yep, if you go to Hot Creek, right next door to KMMH, the sulpher is pretty strong. There is a massive lava lake seven miles beneath us.

This whole area is very alkaline. The lake shores in the Owens Valley show this a lot at low water. Mono on the other hand, just down the road about twenty miles is three times as salty as the ocean. That one has a bunch of salt on the beach.
    Thomas Jefferson

Unbelievable shots and I love the skin...it has that oil painting quality that I always loved about EAW. Almost surreal like a mural at the NASM.

I'll look around for some Albany pics. I gather that the inspiration came from a book according to the link.

Deacon

P.S. I've been in a multi-year trek around the world. Just flying to wherever seemed interesting next in whatever seemed appropriate. I'm nearing India and was going to try my hand at flying the low hump. I think I may spend a little time in New Delhi waiting for this baby to be released before I fly that leg. :salute:

Deacon

Latest video posted at this link called "Airborne"

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...82122-Airborne

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Trying out some early repaints...

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Trying out some early repaints...

These are all very nice....with a plethora of DC-3 repaints we are regaled with,
    It would be hard not to include all of these repaints i.e., - aircraft.cfg = [fltsim.0] - [fltsim.99]
    Wonder how many of these repaints one could add to the aircraft.cfg? hummmmmm......

These are all very nice....with a plethora of DC-3 repaints we are regaled with,
    It would be hard not to include all of these repaints i.e., - aircraft.cfg = [fltsim.0] - [fltsim.99]
    Wonder how many of these repaints one could add to the aircraft.cfg? hummmmmm......
    I've got one aircraft with approaching 30 repaints. Slows aircraft type menu down but I do like plenty of repaints!
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I've got one aircraft with approaching 30 repaints. Slows aircraft type menu down but I do like plenty of repaints!
    I have 32 repaints so far, some early model repaints and jankee's and Gman's latest for the Reloaded model.

The early model repaints need tweaking in the nose area, easy fix.

Attachment 93393
    That looks real!!! Fantastic!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    That looks real!!! Fantastic!!!
    I could go higher def, but the satellite throws a block on an image any tighter than this. For all intents and purposes this is excellent for flying and I still make almost l 60 FPS (locked) with real weather running.

Couple this with high res 3D modeling for buildings and vegetation in airport applications and the whole experience becomes pretty immersive. Ground environments are becoming more and more realistic as well. When I get the new box and can make good video I'll open a thread with examples.

(Elevator music...waiting for Mr. Jahn to return............"soft and tan and young and lovely, the girl from Ipanema goes walking.......)
    Sorry.......
    Thomas Jefferson

I've heard about a supposed hard limit at 300something.

My current record holder is an AI Gulf III with 110 paints.

so where do i get this DC-3 at?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    In the library here when it is released.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Blog Entries
    MJ is still incommunicado. I've added another skin for the release. "Spooky" South East Asia. I know it's not anatomically correct, but it looks good regardless. Maybe MJ will give us a gunship.

Attachment 93550
    Attachment 93547
    Attachment 93548
    Attachment 93549
    Thomas Jefferson

The more I see, the more impressed I get. With the model of course. Everyone contributing to it has it really shining. It's a nice looking simulation all around.
    The interest and strive for perfection really shows.

Very nice "G"!!!

My personal ride... customized to my tastes!!!

Ted, you are one lucky Dog to be privy to this BETA Sir! Mike

Members who have read this thread: 157