Manfred's Douglas C-47 Reloaded (Beta) - Page 21
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Manfred's Douglas C-47 Reloaded (Beta)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Oh, you've not worked with me that closely yet...
    Do I look like I'm easy to work with?????? I have PITA tattooed across the back of my neck.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Hey guys... I have latest mdl updates received today from Manfred for both the C-117D and C-47. More improvements and code changes were done, so I will go in and make changes on my end. The team is grateful for your patience! TuFun

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Looking forward to the new Version of this amazing DC-3
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

somebody mentioned Air America?

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post

Damn you... Just when I said I was going to do one...

Put the brushes down and leave some for us!

Interesting. I thought the Air America title was black or a very dark blue, as per my AAM994.zip at AVSIM and Flightsim.
    Attachment 94414

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar

Oh YES! There's a "Gotta Have", if ever there was one!

I can feel my potential stable of paints increasing on a daily basis, JK.
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Hey guys ... the team is grateful for your patience! TuFun
    What is patience? We are destroying our computer keyboards drooling over these shots while waiting for these to be released .

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger75 View Post
    Interesting. I thought the Air America title was black or a very dark blue, as per my AAM994.zip at AVSIM and Flightsim.
    Truth be told, I only found black & white pics, and a picture of the logo in this color (here), and since I thought all black looked so boring, I opted for this...
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Blog Entries
    Elevator music idea....everyone post a photo of your most drool encrusted keyboard. We could post thread and hand out an award for the absolute worst.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    What is patience? We are destroying our computer keyboards drooling over these shots while waiting for these to be released .
    You funny guy AussieMan! The behind the scene stuff that goes on in creating FSX models is time consuming. I never knew how much until now!
    This gives me a great appreciation for those who produce Flight Sim models! :salute:

The soundset is still evolving as gain more experience. Same with the startup effects! Little video for guys...

Fantastic start up sounds TuFun,can,t wait for this bird.

Indeed, that sounds great!
    Meanwhile I bought FTX Alaska, so I needed something to fly there..

Indeed, that sounds great!
    Meanwhile I bought FTX Alaska, so I needed something to fly there..

That paint is very cool! Can't wait now.

Beautiful work JK! Adam Murphy has created a nice DC-3 sound package that's available now. Give a try, plus many more sound packages too.

https://www.facebook.com/SkyhighFlightSimulations

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    I know this is only a drop in the proverbial bucket.. but I hope our wonderful repainters will honor the men of the Vietnamese Airborne and Airborne Advisory Team 162 with a repaint or two.. I have no quality pics to contribute, although I know the Gooneybirds the VNAF operated that I have seen were bare metal or aluminum paint.. My wish is stirred by the passing of Gen James Vaught, who commanded Team 162 at one time.. God rest his soul. He was a hell of a soldier, and an unsurpassed leader of men.. My Dad was a member of Team 162 back in 1965 and again in 1967.. The C-47 featured in his recollections of their jumps... Nhay Du! :salute::USA-flag:

A Google image search brings up some good shots of VNAF C-47's in various paint jobs, both aluminum paint and camo. Team 162 may have had their own dedicated aircraft, but... I'm more inclined to think they used standard VNAF transports for their jump training. Here at SOH we have several masters of aluminum and natural metal paint jobs, post some pics you like and I'm sure somebody will work up a VNAF paint for you. Some of the planes I saw had fuselage stripes and looked pretty sharp.

Newcomer in this forum... I noticed people here really like old birds, like me.

Found a link to this thread from avsim... I was kind of let down by all the payware dc-3s.. they look far inferior to the freeware dc-3 presented here.

So this is a brand new model you guys are making? I'm not up to date with earlier freeware dc-3 occurrences, so please accept my apologies. :mixedsmi:

Members +
    France, near Pegasus Bridge, Benouville, Normandie
    Hi All,

I am completely "Scotched" ... when i hear this sounds.
    I set my subwoofer a little hard, i'ts magic ! :ernae:

I hope soon to fly with this Airplane.

Thanks a lot for your Work !

Friendly,
    --
    Pierre-Jean

I just continue a bit...

That's the one being worked on here or a different dc-3?

What do you mean?
    This is all for the updated version by Manfred Jahn.

Oh.. you're part of the team working it?

Sorry for the noob questions, I just don't know much about the fellas in this forum.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adi518 View Post
    That's the one being worked on here or a different dc-3?
    All the shots here are for the Manfred Jahn DAK. We're working on the last pre-release tweaks on the cockpit and skins. The C-117 will release immediately before the DAK so you guys will get both pretty much at the same time. I'm making a few tiny adjustments in the spec and spec/alphas right now.
    The cockpit has been re-arranged a bit but will still be the modern cockpit for the first release. That's about it for now. Stay tuned.
    Thomas Jefferson

I went back in the thread... I'm amazed by what you guys have achieved.. it's just incredible.. really. My only grime is that I found out about it only now.

These kind of projects sometimes fall under the radar, which they definitely shouldn't!

PS, I forgot to ask earlier.. is this scratch made or a total upgrade from an older model?

Members who have read this thread: 157