Manfred's Douglas C-47 Reloaded (Beta) - Page 19
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Manfred's Douglas C-47 Reloaded (Beta)

So in a real Arnie voice .. today you are the Dakerator I , II , III , and so on <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Blog Entries
    IF THIS PROJECT GETS DELAYED MUCH LONGER I AM GONNA NEED ANOTHER KEYBOARD...THE DROOL FACTOR IS EXCEEDING MY ABILITY TO CLEAN IT!!! WOWWWWWWWW!
    Vivat Christus Rex! Ad maiorem Dei gloriam

I realize there is a new version of the C-47 in the oven with it's own VC and awesome painkit, but is there an existing paintkit available? I tried overlaying a C-47 fuselage texture on the C-117D but they're not the same so obviously I can't use the C-117D's paintkit.
    I find it extremely difficult to find anything on this site and I've searched AVSIM. Could someone point me at the "current" paintkit for the C-47? Thanx! :mixedsmi:
    George "Alky®" Fisher

The paintkit is available at flightsim.com. Just search for the file C-47paintkit.zip.

Cheers,
    Huub

<center>FSX - FSX Warbirds</center><center>FSX Douglas C-47 Paint Kit
    </center><center>[ Download | View ]</center>
    Name: c-47paintkit.zip
    Size: 30,364,664 Date: 02-25-2011 Downloads: 1,329

FSX Douglas C-47 Paint Kit, for use with C47BASEPACK.ZIP. Layered PSD files for the C47 Skytrain exterior models. By Manfred Jahn.

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    The paintkit is available at flightsim.com. Just search for the file C-47paintkit.zip.

Cheers,
    Huub

Thank you very much.
    George "Alky®" Fisher

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alky6 View Post
    I realize there is a new version of the C-47 in the oven with it's own VC and awesome painkit, but is there an existing paintkit available? I tried overlaying a C-47 fuselage texture on the C-117D but they're not the same so obviously I can't use the C-117D's paintkit.
    I find it extremely difficult to find anything on this site and I've searched AVSIM. Could someone point me at the "current" paintkit for the C-47? Thanx! :mixedsmi:
    I'll bump everyone here with direct links when the DAK is released. It's just around the corner so hold in the pattern a bit longer...
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

C-47D 44-76671 sporting the Seventeeth Air Force shield of Ramstein AFB still going strong in the early seventies. Based on a picture on Airliners.net by Ralf Manteufel.

Looks real nice Manfred!

The PH-TDW captured in Gman's paintkit.

Cheers,
    Huub

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    My eyes....my eyes......!!!!!!
    Gman: Are you quoting from that old chestnut of a movie?

I can't . . . quite . . . recall the actor's name, but I remember that "binoculars" were involved.

Do I get a prize? Huh? Do I?
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

Charter Member 2015
    Okay this is some kind-a nice aircraft and I sure would like it and some of the repaints. However, reading all, all the post would take me a year to find where on earth you can find them, especially the base aircraft. Any help out there? thanks guys

David

Quote Originally Posted by Pepere View Post
    Okay this is some kind-a nice aircraft and I sure would like it and some of the repaints. However, reading all, all the post would take me a year to find where on earth you can find them, especially the base aircraft. Any help out there? thanks guys

David
    The key word is "beta", it ain't done yet. Apparently will be very soon though. The original C-47 is available at Simviation and uses the default DC-3 VC. The C-117D and the Basler are available and are more like the pics of the Beta in this thread in terms of knock-dead gorgeous! :ernae:
    George "Alky®" Fisher

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HighGround22 View Post
    Gman: Are you quoting from that old chestnut of a movie?

I can't . . . quite . . . recall the actor's name, but I remember that "binoculars" were involved.

Do I get a prize? Huh? Do I?
    Man...I can't remember. I seem to recall it being Gene Wilder, but I've had thirteen concussions and the CRS is getting worse. lol
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepere View Post

David
    The C-117 is on the site here if you don't have it already. The DAK will be released here first, so there will be plenty of traffic on it. It will be easy to find.

I love the DAK, but that C-117 is a gorgeous sexy old girl too.
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Some scans from a book I have on the DC-3. There are surprisingly many variants.

Hope these don't give Manfred heart palpitations although I would love to see the Viewmaster and the Wrights powered 8 windows each side variant.
    There's been a lot of discussion about the multiple variants (and conversions) of the DC-3 and it's military sisters. In most cases we cannot just call it a DC-3 or C-47 and be confident that what we see is 'typical'. To begin, there were several different versions of the initial civilian DST/DC-3 and then many more different combinations once military orders began coming in.

Here are a few references to help ( or confuse) you...
    hours of reading from different perspectives: http://dc3dakotahistory.org/

and a few links to their sub-sections:
    -here is a good overview of how the assorted variants got confusing http://dc3dakotahistory.org/c-47dako...tary-variants/
    the Russian bought/built models: http://dc3dakotahistory.org/c-47dako...i-2/#more-1624
    The Japanese bought/built models (including a reported "wooden wonder derivative: http://dc3dakotahistory.org/c-47dako...japanese-l2d3/

Some conscripted airframes were returned to their previous civilian owners after the war (and restored/converted - or not), some were sold as surplus (again restored/converted), some were 'switched from right-hand door to left-hand (and maybe a couple the other way round). As more moved fromairline operations to other civil applications ( executive, cargo, crop-sprayers, etc.) other mods changed the engines (mostly from Wrights to P&W for commonality), cargo doors got sealed and replaced by airstair doors, "speed-kits" were developed (wheel fairings - small and large) windows added or blanked-out.

Pat's beloved Viewmasters were conversions done by several sources (most notably Remmert-Werner in St. Louis, MO and Fairey & Ansett in Australia).
    "Speaking of Viewmaster DC-3s, VH-ANR was the first aircraft modified in Australia. The work was performed by Fairey Aviation at Bankstown between July and October 1958. Other Australian Viewmasters were:

VH-AVL ex QAL converted prior to sale to SPANZ as ZK-BYD
    VH-IND converted by Ansett at Essendon sold to SPANZ as ZK-BYE
    VH-ANM converted by Ansett at Essendon sold to SPANZ as ZK-CAW
    VH-AEQ TAA Dismantled and in poor condition on a farm near Swan Hill
    VH-TAK TAA Wrecked nose section at Mitiamo Air Museum north of Bendigo.

ZK-CAW survives as a McDonalds restaurant at Taupo, NZ.

The conversion of VH-IND and VH-ANM also involved removal of Wright 1820 engines and fitment with P&W 1830
    ."
    http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-482386.html

Here are a couple of links to show how many mods and changes occurred to individual airframes (both related to Viewmaster conversions):
    http://www.aussieairliners.org/dc-3/vh-anr/vhanr.html
    http://www.oldwings.nl/content/c47_bog/c47.htm

So, if you have a love for a particular DC-3/Dak/Skytrain the only way to understand it is to trace the aircraft by serial number and piece together the various steps in it's history. There are a few sources, the best of which are the very comprehensive DC-3 volumes by Air Britain
    https://www.air-britain.co.uk/cgi-bi...lume-3-41.html
    https://www.air-britain.co.uk/cgi-bi...-------47.html
    https://www.air-britain.co.uk/cgi-bi...Dakota-92.html
    If your budget doesn't allow for the A-B books there are a couple of online sources that may (or may not) be up-to-date:
    http://www.abcdlist.nl/maind.html

For more general info including some very unique data try this - in particular the "Tech Data Airframe" "tech Data Misc." and "Pilots Training Manual" links (want to know what different colours of flame and smoke from the engines mean? -it's here) http://www.centercomp.com/dc3/25000.html

There... while you wait for the updated model and paintkits all that should keep you entertained and perhaps educated to a greater degree than you ever expected

PS - Pat, since you like counting windows ( it can sometimes be a great aid in 'planespotting') how about a rare Right-hand-door, NINE-window version? --> http://www.airliners.net/photo/Dougl...078c2ba64cbedc

For those who weren't blinded by the CPAir Dak in the orange/red "Speedstripe' livery, try THIS! --> http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-C...078c2ba64cbedc

Oh, one last bit... Remmert-Werner (which reportedly produced the first 'corporate' DC-3 conversion in 1946) still exists in a way. Read the timeline in this link: http://www.sabreliner.com/sabreliner...eline-aircraft

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.
    “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.” -Albert Einstein

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Thanks for that list Rob. I actually have a good friend who started his airline career with Airlines of NSW back in 1964 and was a regular pilot/co-pilot of ANR. Often tells me of his adventures on tours around Australia in her. She actually had an engine failure on take off several years ago and pancaked into Botany Bay at the end of Runway 16R. Now on display at the Queensland museum at Caloundra.

When Bill retired he was flying Airbuses with Ansett. Those days they were forced to retire at 50 for the main commercial airlines.

Technically I am not a window/rivet counter but was just highlighting the many variations there were.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Good gravy! This thread is up to 31 pages and still going! I guess this shows the level of interest in Manfred's C-47.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I was thinking the same thing. My hyperthread alarm goes off every time I check its progress. Sure hope she arrives for us by the weekend.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Quote Originally Posted by stansdds View Post
    Good gravy! This thread is up to 31 pages and still going! I guess this shows the level of interest in Manfred's C-47.
    I find it way more pleasant than a freeware model can attain such a level of exposure nowadays. It's a faint glimmer of hope...

Blog Entries
    Thirty one pages....amazing.

Update: The final coding, animations and tweaks are being finished up. MJ added a couple of small tweaks, and I'm finalizing the skins that will release with the model. The paint kit is ready for the DAK and the C-117.

Good news is that FPS are outstanding with this bird, even in high demand environments.

I'll keep everyone posted as we get close to the release.

Gman.....
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    I'll keep everyone posted as we get close to the release.
    Gman.....
    Youdda Man!!
    I have to thank you and MJ for the incredible work you're doing, it's an amazing project!!
    George "Alky®" Fisher

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alky6 View Post
    Youdda Man!!
    I have to thank you and MJ for the incredible work you're doing, it's an amazing project!!
    Hear-hear! Well said, George!

My sentiments precisely.
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

Are we there yet...?
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    Are we there yet...?
    Almost .

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

and while we wait, I might as well throw in some wip shots of yet another paintscheme:

Hope you like it?
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Members who have read this thread: 158