Manfred's Douglas C-47 Reloaded (Beta) - Page 18
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 810111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Manfred's Douglas C-47 Reloaded (Beta)

Quote Originally Posted by Alky6 View Post
    Thanx, I found and downloaded the PH-DAT, but can't find the other two. I especially like the PH-PBA. :mixedsmi:
    Hi George,

Here you can find the PH-TDW (1949 KLM)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=17443&catid=3

Here you can find the PH-PBA

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rd=association

Which one is the other one you try to locate?

Cheers,
    Huub

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Hi George,

Here you can find the PH-TDW (1949 KLM)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=17443&catid=3

Here you can find the PH-PBA

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...rd=association

Cheers,
    Huub
    Here's the third one I used in the pic....

C47 in 1954 KLM colours PH-DAT for FSX

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=17491&catid=3

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Found a few more over at Flightsim.com
    PH-DAI & JZ-POD

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Hi George,

Cheers,
    Huub
    Thanx for the links!
    Maybe because I'm new to SoH, but I find it difficult to find particular files/authors on this site.
    I liked the PH-PBA the most of the three, I think it's just the colors of the scheme that attract me. :mixedsmi:
    George "Alky®" Fisher

I'm glad you like them!

The PH-PBA is a C-47 from the Dutch Dakota Association. This association operates two C-47s. The PH-PBA is painted in a scheme which was used by the KLM in the early sixties and is named "Prinses Amalia" after the oldest daughter of our King.

The other C-47 is the PH-DDZ and is painted in a scheme used by Martin's Air Service (currently known as MartinAir) in the sixties. The aircraft is called "Doornroosje" (Sleeping Beauty). This aircraft was preserved and the association had no intention to put it back to active flight. However one of the aircraft the DDA, the PH-DDA crashed, due to which the association had to "wake" this aircraft long before the planned date.

For obvious reasons these schemes are nicknamed "candy wrapper schemes"

Cheers,
    Huub

While Huub is busy showing you the civil Dutch Dakota, I thought I'd conbtinue with a few military Dutchies.
    Here's the 2nd and 3rd version of the Royal Dutch Navy, just after WWII:

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

not so popular, Dutch military Dakota's?
    How's this then?

You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.

Charter Member 2014 HighGround22's Avatar
    Oh yeah! Now you have my admittedly somewhat chauvinistic attention!

Great job, JK!
    -Jon
    -------------
    If you try to fail,
    and you succeed,
    which have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    How's this then?
    That's interesting, I did the same paint on a MAAM DC-3. they have it on the MAAM site and also on AVSIM.... http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php...her&CatID=root
    The MAAM model is a bear to paint LOL.
    I have to say though, it looks much better on the MJ model
    George "Alky®" Fisher

Is that CP Air version available for downloading? That looks fantastic!!!! Nice work!!

Don

Banned
    Blog Entries

Would it be possible?

I like the Navy R4D that maam-sim made and wondered if it possible and legal to
    make a repaint for the MJ DC-3 that resembles the MAAM-SIM R4D- DC3? Or, at least emulate this with a similar yet different flair.
    Or would that cause legal issues and heart aches.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jankees View Post
    How's this then?
    My eyes....my eyes......!!!!!! Man I like that one.
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

and this one? Not as flashy, I admit...

Lake Central...wasn't that Roscoe Turners airline, or was it after he sold it?

Yup. Merged with Allegheny in 1968.

CP Air, Lake Central...the paint selection is getting interesting.

Jk keeps pumping out the repaints... I'm stacking them everywhere here!

Hehehe! Nice!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Holy crap that heat staining behind the cowl flaps looks good.... absolutely spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by FSX68 View Post
    I like the Navy R4D that maam-sim made and wondered if it possible and legal to
    make a repaint for the MJ DC-3 that resembles the MAAM-SIM R4D- DC3? Or, at least emulate this with a similar yet different flair.
    Or would that cause legal issues and heart aches.
    Why would it? it's a real airplane... Though personally I wouldn't offer up one as the MAAM one is for a very worth charity. Another similar (but different) NATS bird, yeah, but not that one.... That's just me though...

Any word on sharing those bump maps etc? I've got some DCA and EIN paints here just begging for them!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by flyinggoldfish View Post
    Holy crap that heat staining behind the cowl flaps looks good....

Any word on sharing those bump maps etc? I've got some DCA and EIN paints here just begging for them!

All of the bumps, alphas (3 variants), specs, weathering, oil and heat staining, rivet rust and paint chips I've created for the DAK are there for you in the layered PSD paint kit that will come with the release. I've set up the layers in PS to be fully adjustable so you can apply the effects at what ever strength you wish.

For those who don't have Photoshop or the means to do the conversion, the basic texture file has the bumps, alphas, spec layers and GlobalEnv files as you see them in the TF screenshots. Those are a turn key deal...no work. To update the old MJ DAK youcan copy and paste into the base texture folder to upgrade to the new look. Install instructions will be comprehensive.

These will work retroactive on MJ's previous C-47 also.

We're working on the last of the pre-release tweaks now that MJ is back at the computer.

Won't be long.

Attachment 94039
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Banned
    Blog Entries

Navy R4D

I haven't seen any reply from the more "highly motivated" painters here - I may take this one on myself

I had posted just two or three clicks up the idea of making an R4D like this one - look familliar?

And while were are at it how about an interior:

This could be yet another one TUFUN could stack

O wait a minute, he has me on his ignore list - I forgot

But anyway I figure Razbam and Virtavia have a few A4's in the same paint schemes and so far no fur flying.
    Case in point Lady Jesse has been done by both outfits. Different Buno's.

Dak Heaven!

Took a stroll thru the largest collection of Daks in the virtual world... snapping pics with my virtual SweetFX camera!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Took a stroll thru the largest collection of Daks in the virtual world... snapping pics with my virtual SweetFX camera!

Isn't that special.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Ted at the rate you and JK are going you are either going to have to take over a major Air Force base of build your own to house all these DAKS.

@ GMan I am using Paintshop Pro X5 and I am able to save PSD files as PSP files without losing the layering.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I still have a soft spot for this old bird! One and only repaint I did for MAAM's DC-3 when I was learning to repaint.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Nice job.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Members who have read this thread: 158