Outa Space - Billy Preston

Thread: Outa Space - Billy Preston

Outa Space - Billy Preston

Cruising around with roadster this afternoon, top down, this came up on the XM radio.
    What a great drive.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/UuJVleNkJj0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Great stuff their Dain I love the funk from the 5th Beatle. One of the 3 kings of the B3 eh?...Jimmy Smith, Booker, and Billy.

Speaking of Booker, as long as you are going to watch GBU from the other thread, you might as well watch Hang em High too

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well,

Nothing from nothing leaves nothing.
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Back in the 70's one of the local TV stations used that tune as the opening music for the Denver Broncos post game show.

Here's the 'sister' tune to Outa Space:

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/MWgb8ydtM2c?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe>

Attachment 91985

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPilot2 View Post
    Back in the 70's one of the local TV stations used that tune as the opening music for the Denver Broncos post game show.
    Yes, YES! I had forgotten that! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperPilot2 View Post
    Here's the 'sister' tune to Outa Space:Attachment 91985
    aka "The Other American Bandstand Theme"...

Quote Originally Posted by TeaSea View Post
    Well,

Nothing from nothing leaves nothing.
    Of course...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/VZjb4PCHUZ8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Okay. Have to share this one.
    It is still "Summertime" here in the northern hemisphere...

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YlxxmNP2MKw?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

I sense a Space Theme in the ether

Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    I sense a Space Theme in the ether...
    Uhh, no.
    You might want to get that sense checked.

Billy singing "My Sweet Lord" with Ringo's All Stars...
    (Tribute to George Harrison around 2002)

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XZHtGVyeMX0?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

live version of Outa Space

Long as we're on a space n funk theme, how about some P-Funk with the Mothership Connection
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Had to go there didn't you......

Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZHnLyTuxUV0?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rLTGw9Woi-U?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420">

>>
    </iframe>

You wanna go there, huh? Yeah, we can go there all you want...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TDZeimhYdEI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tPD1OGkCwoc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IDcjHPr_35U?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't care what anyone says... you put this stuff we all chose on at a get together and you're sure to get the place rockin'!

Attachment 92062

This thread just got very tasty.

Just because....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tBEkolNNfJc?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And even more so...

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XQf9dtrc26A?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

These guys went to the same High School I attended...

Here is a tune from Miles Davis ex wife Betty Davis...

For something completely different, how about some rare Soviet funk:mixedsmi:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    Cruising around with roadster this afternoon, top down, this came up on the XM radio.
    What a great drive.

Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    Jimmy Smith,
    Cheers
    TJ
    Jimmy Smith is in a league of his own!