what southern women say

Thread: what southern women say

what southern women say

made me smile....lol....sorta aroused me too......tmi?

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    All true. I know, married to one for 23 years. Some have deeper accents than others, mine's from coastal Georgia and her accent is different from someone who's in Rome, GA, or in Americus. Gotta know what to listen for. The sentiments are all the same, though, no matter the accent.

"That dog don't hunt" must be in Episode 2.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by IFlySWA View Post
    "That dog don't hunt" must be in Episode 2. Brian
    So is: "Mamma was so mad she was toting Billy."

RD

Accents can be fun. When I was living in Illinois, my Louisiana/Texas drawl really stood out and invariably I'd get the comment, "You're not from around here, are you?" Usually, I'd respond "Accent? I thought y'all had the accent!" It was all in good fun and I met many new friends in my 12 years up there. It was really fun when I had my son with me and we'd look at each other and one of us would say, "Did you hear an accent?"

I'd also get the response, "It's so good to hear a familiar accent.", followed by a firm handshake and an introduction of where we hailed from.

Terminology is also fun. Illinois winters can be brutal, and often I'd tell my staff to batten the hatches because we were expecting a Blue Norther to roll in. They would look at me and say, "Do what?" As a writer and a lover of regional languages, I hate to see the old terms that our Mothers and Fathers used slowly be relagated to the fast fading memories of their kids.

"Hornets by mandate, Tomcats by choice!"

Quote Originally Posted by Odie View Post
    Accents can be fun.
    Yes they can!

Whenever someone comments on my accent (which has changed considerably since I first arrived in Canada 21 years ago) I usually say 'I don't have an accent, I'm speaking English the way it's meant to be spoken! It's all the rest of you that have the accent!'
    Larry

Dammit, seriously! Need a warning when posting these!
    I nearly drown myself with a Dr Pepper...

"We gotta go to the hospital! Yer Daddys dun fell outta the deer stand agin!"
    "No, I'm not a good shot, but I shoot often." - Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt

Likewise....

When the sentence starts or ends with "Bless his/her heart......" You know it's going to be bad!
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Members who have read this thread: 0