UPLOADED: CFS3 Environment v2.0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UPLOADED: CFS3 Environment v2.0

UPLOADED: CFS3 Environment v2.0

Hi all,

I have just uploaded version 2.0 of my environment effect package. There are five downloads covering all of the expansions we have so far. The one for CFS3/ETO/BoB replaces my earlier upload. Enjoy!

Daniel

SOH-CM-2020
    Wow, those screenies really are impressive! I like the sea colour for ETO, much more bleak and realistic.

Yes,These are very nice indeed! Thanks!:ernae:

Blog Entries

:salute:
    Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    Yes,These are very nice indeed! Thanks!:ernae:
    DITO Just in time too, just got me a BenQ XL2420TE 144Hz, 1ms High Performance 24-Inch Professional Gaming Monitor
    CHEERS

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries

Thanks These are GREAT!!!!

Not tested yet: is there an effect (positive or negative) on FPS?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

I have not encountered any performance decrease on my machine. Some of the textures used for the sun and skybox are at high resolution than the stock files, so some machines could have trouble with it.

Blog Entries
    Good stuff Daniel, you've been busy!
    CFS3 Battle of Britain Website: https://cfs3bob.wixsite.com/cfs3-bob
    CFS3 ACC Member & ETO Expansion Group

Thank you so much, Daniel !!

We need such improvements for CFS3, because otherwise CFS3 will die. !!!

We also need beside the aircrafts better Unit Types like better personel staff, figures, vehicles and buildings.

We become older and we need young members !

airfighter55

Hi Daniel :salute:

Thank you very much for the update!

I'll download and try the new ETO version!

Cheers
    vonOben

“Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.” /Johann Gottfried Seume

vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
    7 Season Scenery for CFS3 ETO Expansion

Quote Originally Posted by gecko View Post
    I have not encountered any performance decrease on my machine. Some of the textures used for the sun and skybox are at high resolution than the stock files, so some machines could have trouble with it.
    Thanks for the details.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www3.telus.net/murrdaka/

Very very great, Daniel !
    But sorry, I think you have to be careful with 7 seasons. With the 2.0 the landscape especially full snow becomes a little bit grey !!! ( Shaders xml or suneffect ?? )
    :ques:

Bests
    airfighter55

What weather are you flying in? Can you post a screenshot?

SOH-CM-2021
    Blog Entries
    This is amazing!!
    I just finished loading this into my various Advanced set ups (7)
    Korea, was always a favorite of mine, So I headed there first..
    WOW!!
    I will be playing this a lot more Now!!
    Changed it completely.. Wonderful!!

Didn't slow my 6 year old E-machine any..
    3.066 gig P4 duel core processor
    512 meg Asus 8400 GT video card
    2 gig DDR ram
    SB platinum pro sound card..

Stunned!!

Thank You!!
    :salute: :salute: :salute:

What weather are you flying in? Can you post a screenshot?

All weather. If I add the old shader then it is ok.

Bests
    Renatus
    :mixedsmi:

I dont know if it's my sistem but in Korea SKies I get two separate sky colors a shade different left side /right side,there is sort of a large square defining this variant in the sky.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gosd View Post
    I dont know if it's my sistem but in Korea SKies I get two separate sky colors a shade different left side /right side,there is sort of a large square defining this variant in the sky.
    I'm getten the same thing:isadizzy: xp pro GF 8800 GT
    CHEERS

Can either of you post a screenshot? It would also help if you gave the location, time of day and altitude you took it at. It could be similar to an issue I had been having but had fixed on my setup where there was a giant square of sky directly above that was either darker or lighter than the rest of the sky, and only appeared during dawn or dusk conditions. I have no idea what causes it or why it eventually went away.

Question

Hi Daniel

I've used your ETO enviroment now for some time.
    Is it possible to edit the horison fog to be slightly grey and perhaps a little transparent?
    How?

Thanks
    vonOben

“Wer den Tod fürchtet, hat das Leben verloren.” /Johann Gottfried Seume

vonOben's Flight Sim Mods
    7 Season Scenery for CFS3 ETO Expansion

Blog Entries
    Can either of you post a screenshot? It would also help if you gave the location, time of day and altitude you took it at. It could be similar to an issue I had been having but had fixed on my setup where there was a giant square of sky directly above that was either darker or lighter than the rest of the sky, and only appeared during dawn or dusk conditions. I have no idea what causes it or why it eventually went away.
    gecko these is from RS Sino and AVG

Attachment 92649Attachment 92650
    CHEERS

At least one other person had what I think was a similar problem in ETO. We resolved it by deleting the alternate shaders folder from his main ETO directory. This folder (and the shaders.xml it contains) is not supposed to be installed in CFS3. I included it so people could have the option of still using the enhanced metal shine option which many have enabled by editing their shaders.xml. You can use it in place of the other shaders.xml, but avoid having more than one shaders.xml located anywhere in a given installation. I hope this fixes it. If not, make double certain you have installed all the other files in the package. Otherwise I guess it would be some strange compatibility issue with your system.

Quote Originally Posted by vonOben View Post
    Hi Daniel

I've used your ETO enviroment now for some time.
    Is it possible to edit the horison fog to be slightly grey and perhaps a little transparent?
    How?

Thanks
    Changing the color is possible, but I'm not sure about the transparency. For the time being I am not planning another update until some other projects get taken care of. If you want to tackle it yourself while you wait, the fogColor value in the weather .xmls is the first thing you want to change. The value that goes here is an odd one, I use this converter to convert hex values for a given color to a value usable in the weather file: http://www.binaryhexconverter.com/he...imal-converter

Note, you will have to do this for each type of weather you wish to change.

Next if you want the top part of the horizon fog to match the bottom part you just changed, you will need to edit the skybox .dds files you installed in your effects folder. Because of how CFS3 displays them differently from the horizon fog, using the same color value you used previously will most likely not appear to be the same color in game, so you will have to tweak one or both until they match as close as is possible. A completely perfect match from all angles won't be possible.

The last step of this process is to tweak the color of the water, as this will have changed when you changed the fog color. To do this, you will need to change the color of the cfs3h2of.dds file. This is a partially transparent file saved in DXT5 DDS format. Both the transparency level and the DXT5 format are critical, so keep this in mind as you edit and save.

Daniel

EDIT: If you like I can send you my paint.net template files I used for working with the .dds textures and of course feel free to upload anything you come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by airfighter55 View Post
    All weather. If I add the old shader then it is ok.

Bests
    Renatus
    :mixedsmi:
    What happens when you change the Terrain Detail Texture setting in the cfs3 config utility either turning it on or turning it off?

Here is a picture from DPC Korea

Attachment 92658

Did you try the above fix? Try that, and also try reinstalling the skybox textures from the package. Yours looks like you may have only installed some of the textures.

Members who have read this thread: 0