Eydie Gorme (1928-2013)

Thread: Eydie Gorme (1928-2013)

Eydie Gorme (1928-2013)

Members +
    Yes Steve and Eydie...The Darlings of the "Borscht Belt"in the Catskill Mountains NY.As well as Vegas..I seen her many times as i was employed in some of those Resort Hotels ..End of an era..RIP dear Eydie

Quote Originally Posted by beana51 View Post
    Yes Steve and Eydie...
    Yes for sure!

RIP Eydie. This has always been one of my favorites from her.

Blog Entries

That Grim Reaper... keeps coming closer....

Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    RIP Eydie. This has always been one of my favorites from her.

Dang it... all the favorites from my youth are going out one by one....
    That grim sucker is getting closer and closer... better hurry up my pace and keep ahead of the bastard!
    I survived Viet Nam... but you just can't get out of this life alive... pity... for all of us...
    Everytime someone like Eidye goes... I die a little too...
    Cheers... they made my life a pleasant experience though....

Quote Originally Posted by beana51 View Post
    Yes Steve and Eydie...The Darlings of the "Borscht Belt"in the Catskill Mountains NY.As well as Vegas..I seen her many times as i was employed in some of those Resort Hotels ..End of an era..RIP dear Eydie
    She had a pretty good career of her own before they teamed up, but remarkably, they were married in 1957 and remained together all these years.

There was something about those classic ladies like Eydie, Rosemary and Lena that today's crop just don't have; maybe it just comes down to good vocal cords!

I grew up with the next generation of female 'crooners' like Linda, Carly, Carole and Joni... with a little Dionne, Gladys, Aretha and Natalie thrown in for good measure.

The newbies just don't do it for me; too much flash!

I always enjoyed listening to Eydie and Steve sing as they not only wonderful singers on their own and superbly matched doing duets. I'm especially fond of their various holiday tunes at Christmas time; brings back a lot of childhood memories of hearing them and other similar artists on CFRB 1010 as our family got ready for Christmases during the 1960's. Farewell, Eydie; you and your talent WILL be missed...

N.

LOL! Careful ViperPilot2, with 50K on your odometer, the miles are showing. I agree with all you say, but add another layer: Ella, Carmen, Sara and Billie, just to add a few... but I've got 65K on my odometer.
    PSULLYKEYS

The only thing necessary for evil to win is for good men to do nothing.