Any actual Lear 23 or Lear 24 pilots here?

Thread: Any actual Lear 23 or Lear 24 pilots here?

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!

Any actual Lear 23 or Lear 24 pilots here?

Hey all,

Anyone here actually flown a Lear 23 or Lear 24 jet before? I mean actual hands on 'start the turbines' and fly this thing, shut it down, etc. Not sit in the back, or saw one at the airshow once.

Bill
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

Oh.... did i just saw the next amazing plane from Lionheart?????? :ernae:
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

20 series is already covered with a payware add-on methinks...
    Sorry Bill, can't help on this one, my type ratings on Lears are 40,45, and 60, although have had a dabble with 31/35 too.

ttfn

Pete

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Oh.... did i just saw the next amazing plane from Lionheart?????? :ernae:

One of the many.. :S

Motormouse
    20 series is already covered with a payware add-on methinks...
    Sorry Bill, can't help on this one, my type ratings on Lears are 40,45, and 60, although have had a dabble with 31/35 too.

ttfn

Pete

Thanks anyways Pete. Hope all is well up there. Do any flying in Gulfstreams lately?

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

While I know there was talk that Gulfstream couldn't be made in flightsim due to the company who builds them and trademark issues.......why not do a plane that is modeled after the gulfstream like Carenado does with its Cessna look alikes. I say look alike because no where on the Carenado site do they mention Cessna with any of its releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Do any flying in Gulfstreams lately?
    Don't tease Bill, I will pay upfront now for that one!!!!!!!
    Best, Michael

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Don't tease Bill, I will pay upfront now for that one!!!!!!!
    Not a chance. Gulfstream will bite Bill's head of if he ever dares to model one of their products. Company policy.

I wish.... I just flew the xtreme prototypes version yesterday. I'd love the LJ24 to have your treatment! FSX always needs more bizjets!
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Not a chance. Gulfstream will bite Bill's head of if he ever dares to model one of their products. Company policy.
    Well aware of their BS, but he did mention it. Doesn't have to be called a Gulfstream, Bills jet works fine for me.
    Best, Michael

Gulfstream are entitled to protect their IP rights but are just plain (plane?) silly about restricting use or their image in FS. How can they justify to their shareholders that they come out ahead financially foregoing the free recognition and marketing benefits that FS affords? They cannot. If I were a shareholder (I am in Lockheed Martin which has seen the light re FS) I would tell them they need to tell their lawyers they don't run the place and need to chill a bit.

Now I have seen here someone is making a Dassault 7x. In the meantime, how about a nice Falcon 900EX?

http://www.takeplane.ru/img/planes/f...00ex/big/1.jpg
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Can't help you with the Lear but I wish you the best of luck with it!

Regarding Gulfstream and Dassault....the only reason a Dassault product (Falcon 7X) is being made is because Dassault specifically partnered with a developer and is overseeing production of it (Wilco).
    I can't see Gulfstream changing their stance anytime soon.

In terms of other private jets, Pilatus just unveiled theirs:
    http://www.aviationweek.com/Article....p48-585548.xml

And I would personally vote for the Aerospatiale Corvette (there are multiple cockpit images available), but best of luck with whatever you choose:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%C3%A9rospatiale_Corvette

http://cockpiter737.canalblog.com/ar.../26664659.html

SOH-CM-2014
    That Corvette is a nice looing bird. Thanks for the heads up, Sean.

I am happy with the old Lear, as well as a few others that are already in production que. :S

Hey Bill - how about a nice Aztec and/or Navajo? FSX is missing them! Just a thought.

Don

A Lionheart Lear would be awesome :salute: Maybe some day you can bring your Learfan to FSX.

A fun little jet to consider might be the Dassault Falcon 10, it has that real beautiful 60s French look to it. I have heard it is quite a little rocket ship too. I don't know if Dassault would have issues with such an old design.
    Attachment 91817

For that matter any of the early biz jets done by Master Bill would be very welcome. Lears, Falcons, Corvettes, Saberliners, Jetstars...what was that Douglas prototype that looked like a mini DC-8

Another path to consider would be to bring a fictional aircraft to light such as the Carreidas 160. The Carreidas 160 from Tin Tin's 'Flight 714' is a very beautiful craft, it is very 'Falcon-esque' as was drawn by a French artist by the name of Roger Leloup. One advantage of doing a fictional aircraft like this, is that you would have a lot more room for artistic license. You could really put some your own styling into it. For instance, you could choose to keep the cockpit in the original 60s French 'Dassault' style, or 'upgrade' it with modern avionics. It might be fun for Pam or Bernt or whoever does your FDE to use their imagination in creating the FDE...not being held to the standards of a particular real world design. Anyway, just a thought.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XcGo6cbR4m...reidas+160.jpg

Also a pure Lionheart design would be awesome too. I miss your original designs Bill, look forward to more

Cheers
    TJ
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SOH-CM-2014
    [QUOTE=pilottj;827850]A Lionheart Lear would be awesome :salute: Maybe some day you can bring your Learfan to FSX.

A fun little jet to consider might be the Dassault Falcon 10, it has that real beautiful 60s French look to it. I have heard it is quite a little rocket ship too. I don't know if Dassault would have issues with such an old design.
    Attachment 91817

For that matter any of the early biz jets done by Master Bill would be very welcome. Lears, Falcons, Corvettes, Saberliners, Jetstars...what was that Douglas prototype that looked like a mini DC-8

[\QUOTE]

What a beauty!

[QUOTE]
    Another path to consider would be to bring a fictional aircraft to light such as the Carreidas 160. The Carreidas 160 from Tin Tin's 'Flight 714' is a very beautiful craft, it is very 'Falcon-esque' as was drawn by a French artist by the name of Roger Leloup. One advantage of doing a fictional aircraft like this, is that you would have a lot more room for artistic license. You could really put some your own styling into it. For instance, you could choose to keep the cockpit in the original 60s French 'Dassault' style, or 'upgrade' it with modern avionics. It might be fun for Pam or Bernt or whoever does your FDE to use their imagination in creating the FDE...not being held to the standards of a particular real world design. Anyway, just a thought.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XcGo6cbR4m...reidas+160.jpg

[\QUOTE]

This seems to be the way to go these days.

Also a pure Lionheart design would be awesome too. I miss your original designs Bill, look forward to more

Cheers
    TJ
    Thanks man. I do have one fictional on the way. Still gathering up all the details on it before modeling it.

You got my vote to the Carreidas 160!! Will buy it with my eyes closed :salute:
    It is one icon of my childhood when i read tintin stories over and over again!
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG