See you all on the other side
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: See you all on the other side

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic

See you all on the other side

I no longer wish too have myself or my files linked too the SOH in any way.
    No more public releases will be issued, if anyone wants anything then they will have too use email.
    SteveB has left the building.

Steve

sad to see you go, but after that outburst over on the dark side by someone who shot their mouth, completely understandable... and all we wanted was a public apology...

take it easy comrade, i speak for a lot of people here; many of us will be sad to see you go :salute:

A damn shame

Well what can I say I have for many years enjoyed Stalins releases and now thanks to Mr I am not happy with a repaint... You know who you are this is the result. Congratulations to you and for hiding underneath your stone ... I am frankly disgusted with the feebleness and outright cowardice of some, all it takes is a manly action to admit you insulted the repainters but no

In any case a damn shame and its a huge loss for the SOH

Akktu

Quote Originally Posted by Akktu Stakki04 View Post
    Well what can I say I have for many years enjoyed Stalins releases and now thanks to Mr I am not happy with a repaint... You know who you are this is the result. Congratulations to you and for hiding underneath your stone ... I am frankly disgusted with the feebleness and outright cowardice of some, all it takes is a manly action to admit you insulted the repainters but no

In any case a damn shame and its a huge loss for the SOH

Akktu
    well said buddy! and as i said over on the dark side.... Someone needs to wake up and smell the f****** coffee!, all we wanted was a public apology, that thread has now cost the community 2 or 3 repainters....

If things go one... it will cost it a few more too, mark my words.

Dasvidaniya Stalin...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    well said buddy! and as i said over on the dark side.... Someone needs to wake up and smell the f****** coffee!, all we wanted was a public apology, that thread has now cost the community 2 or 3 repainters....
    Steve,

I know how you must feel. Early last year I expressed at the dark side forum my unhappiness about a payware model. The result: lorries full of verbal **** thrown over me, also from people I had never expected that kind of attitude (a.o. an administrator!). I wasn't the only one in that thread receiving a verbal hiding.

After that experience I decided that I had had enough and didn't want to be part of the SOH community anymore. Which I wrote to the webmaster in a pm. His response was a good one: think it over. Your account will stay open.

A while later I realised that this never occurred (at least not to my knowledge) at 'my' FS2004 forum. I remember what the webmaster wrote me. At the same time there were two very nice projects going on which I started to really miss. So I decided to leave the dark side the other side and keep focusing on this side. So far I haven't had any regrets. Two examples of my resumed activity are the repaints of the Connie "Columbine II" and, the other day, the CAAC IL-18 package (actually inspired by your series of Il-18, IL-14 and An-12 repaints).

So, first of all I would like to thank you very much for all the great repaints you made. Secondly for all your positive input in this forum, And thirdly for the inspiration to make my CAAC IL-18 package.

Finally, don't burn the ships behind you. Take the time to think things over. And please do come back.

Best regards,
    Maarten

Its really sad to see you leaving us, i enjoy many of your paints and i am very grateful for them, its sucks when one a**hole with his comments ruin fun for so many people, i hope that one day you will return here again
    :salute:

Never thought I see my mate Stalin leave the building! Thanks for all the work some of which found it's way into FsX (Liberator paints for which you kindly removed the Fs9 wing shadow) and if you wont stay, let us know where you take your work please.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I've said it by email, but I'll say it publicly too; Steve, thanks for all the great stuff over the years and I totally understand your decision.

Roger, you and I pretty much had this conversation "offline" a year ago. I said at the time I thought that the way certain parts of the Outhouse were 'managed' was a disaster waiting to happen; I'm not happy that I've been proved right but, sadly, I have been. Pity that it has come to this point.
    Andy

Unhappy Reply...

SteveB,

I'm really sad to hear this. Please don't allow one person to push you over the edge, in the end its not worth it. However, if your decision is final, good luck to you, and thank you for all your time and energy producing skins in various sims over the years. They are "must haves." :salute:
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

This is sad news... seems that the FS9 lot is loosing another very talented painter. The very fabric that once held a tight knit, gallant lot of flight simmers together is literally tearing apart. Sad to see you go Stalin, but I understand how you feel... and I agree.

All the Best --
    BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

If you acknowledge the trolls - even negatively - then they've won.
    All they want is to upset people.

They're best ignored.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    SteveB,

I'm really sad to hear this. Please don't allow one person to push you over the edge, in the end its not worth it. However, if your decision is final, good luck to you, and thank you for all your time and energy producing skins in various sims over the years. They are "must haves." :salute:

Its not the person pushing that's the problem... its that the community hasn't rallied to push back against a negative element rather prefering to ignore it and hope it goes away.

Why doesn't an administrator simply block out the troublemaker and save all this grief among the good guys?

Unhappy Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Its not the person pushing that's the problem... its that the community hasn't rallied to push back against a negative element rather preferring to ignore it and hope it goes away.
    Firekitten,

Okay, I can understand that. I didn't catch this, but admittedly my focus is on maintaining the library and working on CFS2. Having said that, I do think, although not with malice, his comments were condescending to freeware developers, and that an apology is in order. Constructive criticism is a fine line to walk, for sure, but suggesting that freeware repaint efforts somehow are a disservice to payware products would send me over the edge if I didn't get an apology.

Still...it's a sad state of affairs. I wish I had caught it sooner, maybe I could have headed it off...
    "Rami"

Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Why doesn't an administrator simply block out the troublemaker and save all this grief among the good guys?
    Terry,

It is being looked at...all I can say.
    "Rami"

Rami, you're one person... Mods can't be everywhere at once. All that matters is we stop the haemorrhage of good members.

... its that the community hasn't rallied to push back against a negative element rather prefering to ignore it and hope it goes away.
    .....This sort of scenario is always the finger trap. The more force you exert, the more firmly it holds you.

SteveB, thanks for the powerful and impressive archive you've given to us all. These are works that will be appreciated and enjoyed for a long, looonnnggg time.

My total graditude, Sir.

Steve,

I hope that we'll see you again or that you'll reconsider. We all appreciate all that you've done.

We often see verbose or demeaning posts that the poster would probably never say in person. I guess it's the animosity of the internet that can embolden some, but often it's just the lack of visual ques that are missing on a the web and the inability to write without those ques without offending.

I totally missed the offending post until it was too late.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Steve I am hoping this decision of yours is not irreversible. You may want to give it a few days to think it over. I say that because someone with your talent shouldn't be denied to the balance of the FS community. I am amazed by what people who are blessed with your talent can do, and the degree of detail you work into your products. Firekitten has posted on the other side that she sometimes feels like her work falls into the hands of people who are saying "gimme - gimme - gimme" without an iota of thanks for her efforts, or those who right away are saying "you did this wrong, can you make a scheme for this aircraft/squadron," etc etc. I am happy to enjoy what has been produced - whatever the imagined degree of excellence - because I know it's ALL better than anything I could even attempt to produce. I've got ART (age-related tremor) and couldn't draw a straight line for a texture even if the tool existed to do so. If it hasn't been said enough, thank you - thank you - thank you to all the repainters and artists out there who give of themselves for the enjoyment of others in this hobby. If your decision is permanent, then fair winds and following seas, Steve. If not, then there will always be a place here for you and your work.:salute::salute::salute:

SAY IT AIN'T SO!! I wish you'd reconsider and keep repainting. Everyone in the FS community benefits when you and others like you spend time purely for the joy of the hobby. I appreciate what you, and so many others, do.

Thanks! and again, PLEASE reconsider your decision...

Marc
    Marc H. Burcham
    Stone Mountain, Georgia

Steve, let me first say thank you so much for all your repaints. I have hundreds of them installed in my sim. I'm sorry to hear that one ungrateful SOB is driving you away; unfortunately you are not the first. I'll never understand how people can be so unappreciative of the efforts of folks like you when thay are offered as gifts. I hope you will reconsider. You will be missed.

When one leaves the ship heyho people wake up

Its sad and frustrating but oh so human, most people are terrified of conflicts in any shape or form, some like to start them and then not be man enough to say ooops I went too far, pure cowardice others are happy not to get involved until its too late and then everybody rushes to cry and lament the fact that it happened. This is not criticism its human nature which sadly keeps showing just how predictable this all is. My gripe if I have one is that Mods should have reacted immediately and either forced an apology or blocked and banned person instead nothing was done and even in some case Stalin was told to back off from a completely legitimate point, the fact that the person who started the little storm has been CONSPICUOUSLY absent from all this and made no attempt to stand up again pure cowardice and I will call it for what it is. Yes internet can be great as an anonymizer and as a bullying tool but the fact that we the silent majority let the bullies and cowards get away with this shames us all, and yes I include myself as a recipient of this gripe. We should have put a stop to it and forced an apology instead we lose a pillar of the repaints, for us who are still fs9 fliers this is a huge loss for those in fsx maybe less but they now have to contend with a backstabbing individual who got away scot free.

Akktu

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. I have no little gripes with the guys/ gals/ hermaphrodites/ root vegtables (have I missed anyone out?) here on the fs9 forums, and have explained my thoughts on the matter of my files with Rami. If and it is still a big if my files remain here then I will complete and upload the last two 109's. If the files are removed as per my request then I will happily share the last of my 109's with whoever drops me an email (you can find it on the readme's in any of my repaints from the past ten years or so) asking for them. And I will place the files removed from here on to other websites as and when I have the time.

Steve

Angry

Such a shame your leaving Steve, love your repaints and the time and effort you put in for the community

I dont give a rats **** if I'm banned for been honest but it shouldnt be you going but the egotistical rivet counter who's cost us repainters with 1 idiotic post, reminds me of the same idiots counting and complaining about rivets on FREEWARE products that have cost us modellers too
    Usually found in Sony Vegas creating the next FS Video and occasionally repainting for movie purposes

http://www.youtube.com/user/UKVoodooUK

Spring chicken to s***ehawk in one easy lesson

daga daga daga daga daga daga daga daga