See you all on the other side - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: See you all on the other side

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    I've been in the background, but have followed all the posts.

For the record, I won't be going anywhere. I think everyone here is entitled to their point; be that anger, frustration, insult or helplessness. It's a bit like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

I'd rather not remain the last man standing on this forum, but at the rate we are alienating precious and valuable talent I fear we may see further casualties.
    This forum is my refuge from the ugliness I have to observe and deal with in the real world every day. I love aviation, art and the communal spirit that drew me here in the first place.

This energy has somehow perpetuated itself beyond the scope of the original "insult". I would propose a truce...for a brief period. Possibly two or three days?

Gentlemen and Ladies?
    (Ladies is an acknowledgement to Firekitten's presence and is in no way intended to be interpreted as a backhanded insult).

IMHO...
    Like gman, I've also been following these posts. I tend to agree with gman. However, that said, I shall not insert myself otherwise except to say that I won't be going anywhere either.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB View Post
    Roger and Rami have managed too persuade me too leave my files on the SOH.
    I suggest we all sit back for a few hours and do the thing we Brits normally do and are damned good at and have a tea break.

Steve
    That's great news Steve! Thanks from all at SOH for your decision.:ernae:
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Me? I left years ago, haven't been back since. Nor have I missed this place one bit. The person that you currently converse with is an imposter I tell thee!! If he says he's me, don't fall for it, he's one of them thar 'tinternet 'bots, bit like that Max Headroom guy.

s-s-s-s-s-sea ya l-l-l-l-later,
    Jamie

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Me? I left years ago, haven't been back since. Nor have I missed this place one bit. The person that you currently converse with is an imposter I tell thee!! If he says he's me, don't fall for it, he's one of them thar 'tinternet 'bots, bit like that Max Headroom guy.

s-s-s-s-s-sea ya l-l-l-l-later,
    Jamie
    Oh dear me looks like some ones been feeding Jamie meat again,

Oh, and yeah, I've kept quiet about this stuff, but FULLY agree with Steve. Principles I tell thee, where would we be without them.

Manners too, just because you can say anything on 'tinternet, doesn't mean you should or it's excusable. I was raised with manners and told 'they cost nothing, and earn plenty'.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Oh, and yeah, I've kept quiet about this stuff, but FULLY agree with Steve. Principles I tell thee, where would we be without them.

Manners too, just because you can say anything on 'tinternet, doesn't mean you should or it's excusable. I was raised with manners and told 'they cost nothing, and earn plenty'.

Jamie
    Such a shame that I don't have a 'Like' button here... :-)

Oh dear me looks like some ones been feeding Jamie meat again,
    Sorry to say, yes, found a couple of Findus Lasagne in the freezer, had them for a while now, anything wrong with them, naaay, I tell thee. Damn tasty fodder.

righty-ho, time to canter back to my paddock,
    Jamie

All I can say is that I offer my sincere appreciation and thanks to everyone who creates something for FlightSim; a texture, scenery package, aircraft, gauge, whatever... regardless of the platform.

YOU are adding to the enjoyment of the hobby for everyone, and are helping to extend the Knowledge Base for all.

Model, paint, compile, and flatten forth, and keep creating to your heart's content; some lone voice in the ether appreciates your efforts, believe me!!

-- A Freeware drone.

Attachment 91549

Geez... I'm away for 24 hours and a herd of elephants decides to "#2" on a one of these! I gotta say, I've been a member of this board for nearly a decade. I've never seen the kind of drama that the dark side has, and now that I'm a moderator, I'm even more grateful for that fact.

I know I'm one of the guilty ones that downloads and rarely sends out a thank-you note, but I'll say it here - thank you very much to all the painters, repainters, scenery makers, modelers FDE tweakers, and everyone else that takes time out of their day to give something to the FS community.

While I'm at it, I'd like to express my admiration (but no envy whatsoever) to the staff and admin who do have to deal with the drama that happens on occasion. I'd imagine more than a few grey hairs have been earned over the years.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

I suspect that I am one of many who, being without an artistic bone in their bodies, merely partake of the work of the many talented builders and painters here at SOH.

I am always saddened by the departure of any fellow member (well, ALMOST any member, ahem.) whatever the reason.

I do not know the actual genesis of the current kerfuffle nor do I really want to.

But I would never deign to ask that an individual reconsider a personal decision.

The fact remains that, universally, a**holes will continue to be a**holes. It can't be helped and they can't be eliminated.

All I will say - to those who choose to move on to another chapter in their personal stories - is that I/we have enjoyed having you be a part of this little corner of our collective worlds. We'll all miss your presence. But your beautiful works will always remind us, each time we see them, of how very much you have (and continue to) enrich our community.

Thank you Steve & Matt and all of you who have made (and will make) FS such a joy!

LA
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

SOH-CM-2020

Heck .... like Tom said , I've also been away for a day and all hell breaks loose.

Steve , I'm shocked and dismayed at what's been going on in 'other parts'.

I very rarely check out the (X) forum as I'm a tried and true 2004er.

I've always admired your work ( as well as the others ) who are so kind to share their talents with us, and I'm eternally grateful for your kindness and generosity in uploading your work for our enjoyment.

Be assured you are amongst friends here who will always appreciate you.

Thanks again for sharing your work with us.

Pete.

Years ago "Stalin" sent me the link to his avatar which, in case you haven't noticed, says: "Politically Correct Resistance Front". The irony is that Political Correctness seems to have played a part in allowing this situation to overflow. I have long been saying that PC is destroying America and, from what i read in the Economist, also the UK. Now it is working its "magic" on SOH.

- H52
    A tad high and a tad hot is better than a tad low and a tad slow - H52

Reply...

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye52 View Post
    Years ago "Stalin" sent me the link to his avatar which, in case you haven't noticed, says: "Politically Correct Resistance Front". The irony is that Political Correctness seems to have played a part in allowing this situation to overflow. I have long been saying that PC is destroying America and, from what i read in the Economist, also the UK. Now it is working its "magic" on SOH.

- H52
    Hawkeye,

I battle it every day, in every class I teach. You are preaching to the converted, my friend. :salute:
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post

Heck .... like Tom said , I've also been away for a day and all hell breaks loose.

I've always admired your work ( as well as the others ) who are so kind to share their talents with us, and I'm eternally grateful for your kindness and generosity in uploading your work for our enjoyment.

Pete.
    I only went over there too check out some screenshots, as Roger had asked me too reconsider fsx, went over there saw the fsx forums and the rest is history. Needless too say I wont be considering going over too fsx any time soon if ever. Any community that is willing too overlook and ignore such behaviour is a sick community. Anyhow fsxar177 was eventually given the choice apologise or be banned, he chose too be banned for a year. And because I had too kick off and annoy those poor people on the fsx forums too the point where they banned my IP address, as a way too say sorry for my behaviour too these poor people who had too suffer my disturbance and complained I have decided too ban myself from uploading any future projects for a year also. My offer too the fs9 community that if they want what i'm working on its going too be available by email. I will complete my 109's and the fw189 paintkit and upload them as previously stated, then my self imposed ban on uploading files will start.

And just for the record the only pc allowed in my house is the thing I type and paint on.

Steve

My offer too the fs9 community that if they want what i'm working on its going too be available by email.
    Well, I guess I won't be enjoying any more of your fantastic repaints. My ISP allows only very small files to be transferred via email. Sad it came to this, Steve.
    Matt

You will be missed, Steve:

Steve, it is a sad truth that some people are just "jerks" but worse yet, "fools"! Thank you for all your OUTSTANDING work and help. Take care.

Ed Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Rami View Post
    I battle it every day, in every class I teach. You are preaching to the converted, my friend. :salute:
    As do I... Rami... I feel your pain, mate, I'm not a teacher but I know what you're dealing with.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Quote Originally Posted by aeronca1 View Post
    Well, I guess I won't be enjoying any more of your fantastic repaints. My ISP allows only very small files to be transferred via email. Sad it came to this, Steve.
    So I can email you a link too the file at yousendit or somewhere similar there is always a way.

Steve

I frankly did not bother to try and read any of the threads that started all this. I don't think it would be worth the time.
    If you decide to not upload anymore because of one or even a few bad apples that is sad but also understandable. I frankly never broadly uploaded my paints because I simply did not want to be bothered by rivet counters and know-it-alls.
    I have used Mediafire for a long time now to store the repaints...and share the links with folks I deem worthy of the work I do for free.

Please do however continue to post pics of your work so we know what is out there or in the shop.
    One can never please everyone...and some people are just ungrateful Gnats that need to be smashed.
    I would however not let one of these *******s change how I do things in general.

CheersStefan

Quote Originally Posted by PeteHam View Post

Pete.

Same from me, look what happens when I go away for work!

Like you I rarely venture to the other side, x won't play nice on my machine.

Ttfn

Pete