See you all on the other side - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: See you all on the other side

<<--- "Root Vegetable"... yup, that'd be me. :salute:

A wise, noble and very kindred soul once said:

"We need to make this place a font of knowledge.... share our experience, teach the next generation or we're going to be the end of fs community development..."

NOTHING could be further from the truth. Hopefully a lesson will be learned. Let us not forget who we are, guys, gals, wanderers, wayfarers, and general conglomeration of misfits and oddballs here at SOH.

I know you've heard it many times, but I'll say it again... Thanks for all you do Steve!

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

SOH-CM-2023
    Gunny Highway sez:

"Come on, SteveB. You can make it. Don't give the p---k the satisfaction."

I don't know what the dark side is. Maybe I prefer not to know. But I'm sorry to see this happen.

Well said that man!

Quote Originally Posted by Akktu Stakki04 View Post
    We should have put a stop to it and forced an apology instead we lose a pillar of the repaints, for us who are still fs9 fliers this is a huge loss for those in fsx maybe less but they now have to contend with a backstabbing individual who got away scot free.

Akktu
    And therein lies both the irony and the tragedy of this sorry tale. When I was throwing my toys out of the pram last year I took pains to mention that I had no issues with the moderation on the FS9 thread; Tom & Roger are very 'light touch' and we behave ourselves here anyway - but we behave ourselves because we know the limits and respect those limits, and respect each other. Would that it were so across the site but, sadly, it isn't.

Rami has said that things are being looked at; Roger has dealt quickly & efficiently with an attempt to further inflame the situation. I am now going to step away from this site for a few days, to give the Admins and Mods a chance to get things back under control; hopefully by the weekend things will have cooled and we will all be able to look, dispassionately, at where we go from here. This site has lost a lot of good people over the past year, just have a think and you'll realise some notable names don't appear very often & some of us contribute less; it would be a shame to see things die completely.

See you on the flip side.
    Andy

No forum is a true democracy but we try to be fair when we can. I'd like to think that Stalin will grace our forums once again in the fullness of time because we lose a little of ourselves every time someone like Steve goes.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Side note of thanks to Maarten

Read your posts and could not resist your shameless plug on your Connie and CAAC Il18 repaints ( poor authority to be called CAAC lol) and wanted to say they are stunning superb already have them installed and they are real beauts, there ya go something positive from me at least lol

Thanks again

Akktu

Very odd jobs man and MiGaholic

Warning strong language included

And then you get PM's like this.

babies
    OK I'm going to put myself down to some of the UK levels I see on here like SteveB and Matt just to name a couple but just this once, I promise.

STOP acting like little kids and wanting an apology for something that was NOT DIRECTED AT YOU and for the most part something that does not require an apology PERIOD!.

YOU SHOULD BE GIVING ME AN APOLOGY for being so annoying since it's your nature in general... so yeah an apology for being such an annoying UK ASS would be more appropriate in this case.
    YOU want an apology? FRICKING PLEASE!!!

You still want an apology? BEND OVER!

Move on and stop this baby chit you UK babies and stop blaming others for your childhood WHOP in the WOODPILE life you obviously had.

Your giving the good people over there in your homeland a bad name.

ADMIN
    TAKE ME OFF OF THIS SITE TOO AND ERASE MY INFORMATION IMMEDIATELY!!! BAN ME OR WHATEVER, IT DON'T AND WON'T MATTER ONE BIT.

I don't need any part of this BS infested parasite forum and I don't associate with crap like this BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE TOO!. I live on a high scale and have a descent life so I will not have anything more to do with this kind of CRAP and Immature idiots looking for attention and for apologies they obviously never got as children!.

Do you really think all this controls my life and reflects everything there is to my life?
    Do you think I really care what you think of me for writing this? IT DOESN'T MATTER one least bit but what does matter is the fact that MOST OF YOU ACTUALLY live your life around this crap and are acting exactly like BABIES and worse about all of this and that's what's wrong with you and the world today.

MOVE ON AND GET A LIFE PEOPLE AND LEARN TO HANDLE THE TRUTH ABOUT LIFE because your life here is fricking BOGUS and most of the clientele here is on the same BOGUS level.

I was warned about this site and now I see it for myself. UNREAL!. Enough is enough.

GOODBYE my little babies and good riddance outta here!

He's the self proclaimed marketing guru who also accused repainters of producing 1/2 assed jobs.

I give this 2 out of 10 on the rantometer, maybe he missed his meds or something.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Akktu Stakki04 View Post
    Read your posts and could not resist your shameless plug on your Connie and CAAC Il18 repaints ( poor authority to be called CAAC lol) and wanted to say they are stunning superb already have them installed and they are real beauts, there ya go something positive from me at least lol

Thanks again

Akktu
    Wow! Thank you very much, mate! You make me blush. LOL!

Cheers,
    Maarten

after the latest outburst (see the following "http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?80875-Answer-to-Dangerousdave26-s-points&p=826264&viewfull=1#post826264"), which has left a bad taste in my mouth, to avoid getting myself warned and/or banned I won't flip here at the comments made, instead, i'll take myself away from here, until a point where i can see things have calmed down... this is now 3 or 4 painters having walked...

...i'll maintain a presence to converse with buddies here, but i shall not be showing any more work or posting any more work. sorry folks... :salute:

Matt/Tiger.... Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarten View Post
    Wow! Thank you very much, mate! You make me blush. LOL!

Cheers,
    Maarten
    Praise where it is due mate. That is a lovely model anyway (now I know how to start it), and your paints are a very fitting gilding to that particular lily. Thank you. Ooh look, my last post before the sabbatical is an appreciative one!!
    Andy

GRRRR Stop the haemoraging now

Dont know if thats how its spellt but this cannot go on please will the person just post his apology and we can all sweep this under the rug is this really worth this , it was an insensitive comment made in haste we all make mistakes just face up to this like a man and we can move on and become serene again , I cannot even fly in the sim lol I am panthering all over the place ( please note I am putting a small letter so nobody lol feels singled ou lol hehe)

Akktu

Note on the Il18

Yes the original panel is a handful to get round to starting it and left me in tears and anger more than once I have found an easier panel which allows for the trusted lazy ie my type of starting Cntrl E lol I am currently asking for permission to upload it here , the person also did some nice Russian Cammo and an Indian Cammo skins .

Akktu

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    It's good to see the trolls win another one...... One idiotic comment directed at no one in particular and everyone suddenly wants to throw in the towel..
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

OMG!!! Desperate!!

Steve, something is surely wrong with that guy. Now that he has shown his real sad self, it is all too obvious that he cannot be taken seriously at all.

I hope that the administrators will take their responsibility and block him.

I just hope that, with all the support for you during the past few hours, you will reverse your decision and stay in our midst. Let the end of this day be one where we can all give a sigh of relief and have one or for each other.

Cheers,
    Maarten

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    after the latest outburst (see the following "http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?80875-Answer-to-Dangerousdave26-s-points&p=826264&viewfull=1#post826264"), which has left a bad taste in my mouth, to avoid getting myself warned and/or banned I won't flip here at the comments made, instead, i'll take myself away from here, until a point where i can see things have calmed down... this is now 3 or 4 painters having walked...

...i'll maintain a presence to converse with buddies here, but i shall not be showing any more work or posting any more work. sorry folks... :salute:

Matt/Tiger.... Out.
    Matt I presume you saw my reply? At the moment it's like the day war was declared...we need to stick together... "Don't panic" comes to mind.
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

I agree with you, Roger. Matt, Steve, please don't go!

Maarten

Having just read the PM directed to Steve, I reacted in a very mature UK manner...
    I laughed my socks off!
    Please guys, don't let somebody like this get to you. It's not worth it, though I do understand your strong feelings!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Matt I presume you saw my reply? At the moment it's like the day war was declared...we need to stick together... "Don't panic" comes to mind.
    i did Roger, but needless to say i fear the crippling blow has been dealt, the community (not just painters but everybody) has been broadsided and is listing dangerously to port... as i say i decided to walk, not shouting off about it. i just decided to hold my head high and call a hiatus on my work... as a few have said, i did need a break... i work on FS projects pretty much every day of the year including new year, Christmas... now (and i've got to be honest here) i feel like a load has been lifted from my back, ok i'm not happy about letting people down, far from it, i've come to respect you all as colleagues, nay friends even... but sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do before you end up blowing a gasket about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    Its not the person pushing that's the problem... its that the community hasn't rallied to push back against a negative element rather prefering to ignore it and hope it goes away.
    I'm sorry to say that I missed the thread in question - I don't know why some nasty people can create this uproar!

Most of us here do not tolerate such behaviour.

I would be very sorry to see you, Stalin, go because of this!

Don't let the trolls get you down man! :salute::salute::salute:
    Sascha

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    i did Roger, but needless to say i fear the crippling blow has been dealt, the community (not just painters but everybody) has been broadsided and is listing dangerously to port... as i say i decided to walk, not shouting off about it i just decided to hold my head high and call a hiatus on my work... as a few have said, i did need a break... i work on FS projects pretty much every day of the year including new year, Christmas... now (and i've got to be honest here) i feel like a load has been lifted from my back, ok i'm not happy about letting people down, far from it, i've come to respect you all as colleagues, nay friends even... but sometimes you've got to do what you've got to do before you end up blowing a gasket about it.
    Matt, you are not letting anyone down. No way!

Cheers,
    Maarten

Quote Originally Posted by stuartcox View Post
    Having just read the PM directed to Steve, I reacted in a very mature UK manner...
    I laughed my socks off!
    Please guys, don't let somebody like this get to you. It's not worth it, though I do understand your strong feelings!

I just think Bill Hicks was correct in his views on marketing profesionals.

Steve

Blog Entries
    I've been in the background, but have followed all the posts.

For the record, I won't be going anywhere. I think everyone here is entitled to their point; be that anger, frustration, insult or helplessness. It's a bit like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

I'd rather not remain the last man standing on this forum, but at the rate we are alienating precious and valuable talent I fear we may see further casualties.
    This forum is my refuge from the ugliness I have to observe and deal with in the real world every day. I love aviation, art and the communal spirit that drew me here in the first place.

This energy has somehow perpetuated itself beyond the scope of the original "insult". I would propose a truce...for a brief period. Possibly two or three days?

Gentlemen and Ladies?
    (Ladies is an acknowledgement to Firekitten's presence and is in no way intended to be interpreted as a backhanded insult).

IMHO...
    He who knows nothing is closer to the truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors.
    Thomas Jefferson

Intel Core i9-9900K Coffee Lake | Cooler MasterAir Maker 8 CPU Thermal Cooler | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E LGA 1151 | CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB 288-Pin DDR4/3200 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB | SAMSUNG 860 EVO Series M.2 1TB SSD | Mushkin Chronos 240GB 2.5 SSD | WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM |WD Black 5TB 7200 RPM | CORSAIR HX Series HX1200 PSU | Windows 10 HP 64-bit

Roger and Rami have managed too persuade me too leave my files on the SOH.
    I suggest we all sit back for a few hours and do the thing we Brits normally do and are damned good at and have a tea break.

Steve

i agree Gman i'm honouring a ceasefire :salute: as i said i'm going to be lurking... and wish everyone the best regardless of the outcome :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by ******** View Post
    I've been in the background, but have followed all the posts.

For the record, I won't be going anywhere. I think everyone here is entitled to their point; be that anger, frustration, insult or helplessness. It's a bit like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

I'd rather not remain the last man standing on this forum, but at the rate we are alienating precious and valuable talent I fear we may see further casualties.
    This forum is my refuge from the ugliness I have to observe and deal with in the real world every day. I love aviation, art and the communal spirit that drew me here in the first place.

This energy has somehow perpetuated itself beyond the scope of the original "insult". I would propose a truce...for a brief period. Possibly two or three days?

Gentlemen and Ladies?
    (Ladies is an acknowledgement to Firekitten's presence and is in no way intended to be interpreted as a backhanded insult).

IMHO...
    Agree!