Reinstalling Warbirdsim Mustang B and C pack

Thread: Reinstalling Warbirdsim Mustang B and C pack

Charter Member 2012

Reinstalling Warbirdsim Mustang B and C pack

Hi

I have emailed warbirdsim support on this but no reply - may be on holiday!

Has anyone been able to load the Mustang B and C pack onto P3D?

I don't get an addons box in the top bar to be able to put the code in. any advice would be appreciated.

All the other warbirdsim Mustangs are flying great in the sim - got to be my favourite collection at the moment.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Have you tried placing a copy of the fsx.exe in your P3D root folder? Do that and then using the FSXRegistry Tool place it in the registry. That works for A2A and Captain Sim and worked for me with WBS Mustangs.

What you are actually doing is fooling these installers into thinking they are installing into FSX as they look for FSX in the Registry.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Have you tried placing a copy of the fsx.exe in your P3D root folder? Do that and then using the FSXRegistry Tool place it in the registry. That works for A2A and Captain Sim and worked for me with WBS Mustangs.

What you are actually doing is fooling these installers into thinking they are installing into FSX as they look for FSX in the Registry.
    Hi - thanks for the advice - I will give it a try

Charter Member 2012
    Unfortunately I have removed FSX completely. The Warbirdsim installer does place it into P3D but still does not give me the addons drop box where I need to put the security code!

Try contacting Bomber_12th as he is the creator of the WBS Mustangs. I have found him to be very helpful in the past.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieMan View Post
    Try contacting Bomber_12th as he is the creator of the WBS Mustangs. I have found him to be very helpful in the past.
    Thanks - as I said on my thread starter - I have not had a reply from WBS yet.

Charter Member 2012
    Hi Aussieman

thanks for your help with this. I got a reply back from the brilliant Warbirdsim and I had to redownload the product first to be able to install onto P3D. Its so good to have the B and C back in the hangar.

Members +
    I just made a copy of the prepar3d.exe, renamed it to FSX.exe. All went fine

Great news mate.

Cheers
    Pat

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    I just made a copy of the prepar3d.exe, renamed it to FSX.exe. All went fine
    HI - I had the original product with all the security code stuff which is why they told me to download the new version from my account. Did you have the original?

I am a late comer buying the Warbirdsim P-51 B/C last evening. My install package had two install files. Both worked perfectly with FSX and P3D. For P3D I redirected the install to the Prepar3D folder. All installed perfectly. Hope this helps.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    I am a late comer buying the Warbirdsim P-51 B/C last evening. My install package had two install files. Both worked perfectly with FSX and P3D. For P3D I redirected the install to the Prepar3D folder. All installed perfectly. Hope this helps.
    Thats easy as you would not have had the security system like what was in the original pack!

Well done for buying - nice to have all the series.

Barnes, she is a beauty. Love the sounds, model, way she flies --- everything. Don't know why I waited so long. It supports John as well.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Barnes, she is a beauty. Love the sounds, model, way she flies --- everything. Don't know why I waited so long. It supports John as well.
    yes you are right - I will buy any product he/they produce to encourage the future of WBS even if im not keen on the real thing.

There are not many products that to my mind out shine A2A but WBS does

Members who have read this thread: 1