Carenado Skymaster ATC Problem

Thread: Carenado Skymaster ATC Problem

Carenado Skymaster ATC Problem

I've had this plane for eight months now, and love it. The only problem I have is listening to ATC identify it as type "Skymaster Skymaster" rather than "Cessna Skymaster". It doesn't matter what changes I make to the CFG file. I can designate the ui_manufacturer as "Cessna" and ui_type as "Bozo", it still comes out as "Skymaster Skymaster". Anybody have an idea how to fix this? Thanks.

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by patful View Post
    I've had this plane for eight months now, and love it. The only problem I have is listening to ATC identify it as type "Skymaster Skymaster" rather than "Cessna Skymaster". It doesn't matter what changes I make to the CFG file. I can designate the ui_manufacturer as "Cessna" and ui_type as "Bozo", it still comes out as "Skymaster Skymaster". Anybody have an idea how to fix this? Thanks.

Pat
    Pat,

Look in the aircraft config file for the [general] section.

[General]
    performance=Length : 39 ft 4 in\nWing span : 27 ft 6 in\nWeight : 9,146lbs (Empty)15,359 pounds combat weight 17,535 pounds gross, 22,500 pounds maximum. Armament: Two 20-mm cannon with 100 rpg. 3 underwing pylons.
    \nSpeed : Maximum speed 649 mph at 4000 feet Cruising speed 493 mph. Stalling speed 137 mph. Combat ceiling 41,800 feet.\n Engine: One Wright J65-W-16 turbojet, rated at 7700 lb.s.t.\
    atc_type=SKYHAWK
    atc_model=A4

Try changing the entry I have in red.

Dave

Thanks, Dave. That was certainly embarrassing. I haven't edited a CFG file in over a year, and forgot which entries to change. That did the trick. Thanks again.

Pat

Members who have read this thread: 0