FS9 Xtreme Evolution: beta testers wanted! - Page 13
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: FS9 Xtreme Evolution: beta testers wanted!

Just a few days ago I managed to recover more files that probably include the original DLs. I'll be checking to see what is there and start experimenting from a clean FS install again. It seems by circumstance FS is not running from C: in W7 which I understand is the right way to go, but it makes file exploring a little confusing. Thanks for the quick reply and your dedication to making the great even greater.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    Thank you .. each update better

Now how I can get rid of those nice towers ... (over England) ?
    Hi Navtech, can't find any reason for the towers - probably a texture with a bad object is being mixed into the rural textures there. I'll be checking all autogen annotations again anyway so hopefully I will find the object then.

In the meantime, I got rid of the towers by setting autogen to very dense.

Cheers,
    Sascha

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Everything is working out very well indeed, Sascha. Thank you for these excellent textures!!

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Everything is working out very well indeed, Sascha. Thank you for these excellent textures!!
    Thanks for the encouraging words. I'm still beavering away at the seasons and although real world end-of-year rush has slowed me down, I made some progress. I have a long holiday coming up too which hopefully should see me finished. Will post progress update soon!

Sascha

SOH-CM-2023

Im so looking forward to this

Hi Sascha,

I just wanted to share with you how much I am looking forward to using your project. How does the southwest part of the US look? I live in Arizona so the desert is my home. Do you have a time frame for its release? and do you have a cost yet?

Sean

SOH-CM-2023

Did this die?

Hi All,

I was just wondering if this project has stopped or am I being impatient?

Thanks,
    Sean

I believe it's still going. I'm sure Sascha is just very busy!!

Haven't heard from Sascha in almost a month. It would be nice if he would post some sort of an update. I've been looking forward to this also but only if he's able to fix the bluish tint that seems to prevail throughout the program. This could turn into THE texture program for FS9 if done right. Most of it is simply brilliant.

Sorry guys! I know I have been neglecting my posts. I had to deal with some family issues over the holiday season and it left me feeling a bit underpowered. But I have been working away regardless and will post some first season screenshots soon. I already did them, just need to convert them.

@rich I hope I managed to fix that, I gave it my best shot. I'll upload a complete update with everything as it has gotten a bit cluttered in the dropbox.

Regards and a good year 2014 to all of you!
    Sascha

I admire your dedication Sascha. What you're doing is a huuuuuuuuuuuge undertaking. It changes the visuals for ACOF and the textures are turning out very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jackryan172 View Post
    Hi Sascha,

I just wanted to share with you how much I am looking forward to using your project. How does the southwest part of the US look? I live in Arizona so the desert is my home. Do you have a time frame for its release? and do you have a cost yet?

Sean
    Hi Jack,

thanks for the advance kudos Hopefully this project will live up to everyone's expectations. There are a number of screenshots including Grand Canyon territory over at avsim eg http://forum.avsim.net/topic/427307-my-new-sim/ and some more threads in my signature there.

Release time frame - well I just decided I will release with summer, fall and snow (hw) and just duplicate fall texture for no-snow winter season (wi) until I finish that set. Spring to follow. I have already finished the field master textures, though. So release will not be long in coming as these seasons are almost finished, autogen is updated and lights are completed, but I do want to do a (short) period of pre-release testing with the release version.

Well regarding the cost I guess that will be up to you ... as it is going to be a pay-what-you-feel-is-good policy. I would ask for a small advance donation (sum up to you) because I could not offer the support expected to everyone who would get a freeware version. So hopefully only guys who really want it will get it!

And sorry for not replying earlier!

Sascha

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    I admire your dedication Sascha. What you're doing is a huuuuuuuuuuuge undertaking. It changes the visuals for ACOF and the textures are turning out very nice.
    Well it IS a lot of fun! I have suffered the occasional bout of FS weariness which I'm sure all of us are familiar with - but never for long.

That said here are the promised first seasonal screenshots!

Summer, fall and snowy winter season Click image for larger version. 

Name:	summer_US.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	2678Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fall_US.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	71.0 KB 
ID:	2679Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Winter_US.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	2680 in the US of A.

Summer, fall and snowy winter season Click image for larger version. 

Name:	summertime_europe.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	77.3 KB 
ID:	2681Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fall_europe.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	2682Click image for larger version. 

Name:	winter_europe.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	111.7 KB 
ID:	2683 in Germany.

Regards,
    Sascha

SOH-CM-2023
    Hey Sascha,

I would like to contribute early to your endevors so where do I donate? Paypal? Really looking forward to it now after seeing those screen shots.

Thanks,
    Sean

How does the southwest part of the US look? I live in Arizona so the desert is my home.
    I just produced my first real FS video and will upload it later this evening. It shows the Grand Canyon so will hopefully give you an idea of what SW looks like.

Well, here is my short video take on the Grand Canyon. I didn't manage to export a HD version. FS is running in 1920 x 1080 mode.

Does anyone of you regular video posters know a good source of freeware music? I will try to do more videos than screenshots now. I think this shows off the areas I fly in better! I used Windows Movie Maker but that is somewhat limited, I haven't decided on another program yet.

Cheers,
    Sascha

SOH-CM-2023
    I would be interested in how the red rocks of Sedona are portrayed. That is just to the south of the Grand Canyon and have great airport on top of a mesa.

Sean

Icon26

Some free musics ...
    Code:
    http://grooveshark.com/#!/owl_city
    Code:
    http://freeplaymusic.com

I replaced the movie because I had the credits wrong. ASN should have been ASE (thanks Jon for pointing that out) and I had forgotten the music credits as well. Here is the new movie:

Cheers,
    Sascha

I would be interested in how the red rocks of Sedona are portrayed. That is just to the south of the Grand Canyon and have great airport on top of a mesa.

Sean
    Well, here are two images of the same location:

Real world
    http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/04/09/travel/09sedona.600.jpg

and FS
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sedona_1.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	2830

As you can see, the small butte on the lower right has been turned into a small round hill by the FS mesh that will display no rocky textures even on max vertex level. On top of that there are only two rocky texture sets for the whole US, one for Rocky Mountain type and the other for all the south. So unhappily you will see none of the characteristic red buttes in the SW.

On the upside the rest of the hills look reasonably accurate along with the brush on top and the landclass also places it accurately on the plains below.

Variety of desert texture around Sedona:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sedona_2.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	80.6 KB 
ID:	2831Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sedona_3.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	110.0 KB 
ID:	2832

Best,
    Sascha

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    Some free musics ...
    Code:
    http://grooveshark.com/#!/owl_city
    Code:
    http://freeplaymusic.com
    I got the music for the clip from freeplaymusic

Cheers,
    Sascha

2nd video uploaded

Hi all, I have uploaded my second video. No frills, just showing the England texture set.

Best,
    Sascha

Hey Sascha,

I would like to contribute early to your endevors so where do I donate? Paypal? Really looking forward to it now after seeing those screen shots.

Thanks,
    Sean
    Hi Sean,

of course I would be very happy about any donation. If you actually feel like doing so, my Paypal account is running under grafik@mildemarketing.de.

Cheers,
    Sascha

SOH-CM-2023
    On its way. Glad I could help. People like you keep this hobby exciting and enjoyable. I look forward to the finished product

Sean

On its way. Glad I could help. People like you keep this hobby exciting and enjoyable. I look forward to the finished product

Sean
    Thank you very much indeed for your generous contribution. It has the distinction of being the first contribution for FS9 Evo, too!

Best wishes,
    Sascha

Members who have read this thread: 84