FS9 Xtreme Evolution: beta testers wanted! - Page 12
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: FS9 Xtreme Evolution: beta testers wanted!

Lightbulb

California near KBUR (no towers there AFAIK)

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    The two files removed .. and still there ..
    Well I'll try to do something about it this evening.

Thank you!
    Sascha

Hi, I notice that the pics by Navtech still have that weird blue-green tint in the urban areas. Is that how it's supposed to be?

Lightbulb

Blue
    This is a EBN effect ...
    No BLUE if no EBN

Good. I'm not a fan of that urban blue. If you get a chance, would you mind posting an urban pic without the EBN whatever that is? Thank you.

Lightbulb

Some with no EBN
    Note that is not plain FS2004 with only moded textures added (already some custom files involved) like blue mist .. etc ..

Thank you for posting. This is better but the ground is still too blue for my taste. I hope Sascha can fix that or maybe there's a way to adjust. I'm looking forward to this and hope it'll work for me.

Lightbulb

Some more around Mariensel WW2 German naval base

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Rich, agree w/you re: the "urban blue." It's a minor thing, Sascha has done wonders with his work.

A possible unneeded question, but will ask nonetheless in the interests of absolute clarity - Sascha, when the time comes for the final release of all these updated files, will they come out as a complete package, ready for "drop in" installation?

Fix for "blue" cities

Quote Originally Posted by rich12545 View Post
    Thank you for posting. This is better but the ground is still too blue for my taste. I hope Sascha can fix that or maybe there's a way to adjust. I'm looking forward to this and hope it'll work for me.
    I have tried to fix this, uploaded to Beta_2.0_EVO directory called updates_5_cities_23Nov2013. Probably needs some adjustment of contrast but I believe it is a step in the right direction. I have added some detail to better fit the new building textures from last update and adjusted some forests generally found around cities to match the new city and town tiles. See the screenshots:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Browner_towns.jpg   Browner_towns_2.jpg   Browner_towns_3.jpg   Browner_towns_4.jpg  

Some more screenshots of the fix ...

... this time all US.

Have a nice weekend!
    Sascha
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Browner_towns_5.jpg   Browner_towns_7.jpg   Browner_towns_6.jpg   Browner_towns_8.jpg   Browner_towns_9.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by SSI01 View Post
    Rich, agree w/you re: the "urban blue." It's a minor thing, Sascha has done wonders with his work.

A possible unneeded question, but will ask nonetheless in the interests of absolute clarity - Sascha, when the time comes for the final release of all these updated files, will they come out as a complete package, ready for "drop in" installation?
    Yes, I will try to cobble together an installer too. But will definitely collect everything into a release package.

Cheers,
    Sascha

I'm just tweaking the update I uploaded yesterday, so if you have not downloaded it, don't bother, I'll put up the new one in a couple of hours.

Sascha

Some nice screenshots, you seem to be enjoying yourself! By the way, thanks a lot for the HU on 'blue haze', I didn't know about that at all :salute:! Live and learn! Always something new in FS, amazing! I included a 'blue haze' file in my newest updates, uploading right now.

Cheers,
    Sascha

Update #6 uploaded to the dropbox. The directory is updates_6_cities_24Nov2013 in the BETA_2.0_EVO folder. It's too late for me to write up the changes list, will post tomorrow along with some screenshots!

Have a nice weekend!
    Sascha

Hi all,

here are some screenshots highlighting the new update. This will be the last update before the next seasons, I will concentrate on getting these ready now. I believe there are no more bugs in v2.

In update #6 I have included two versions of cities with reduced turquoise tint, one is richer in colours, the other reduced. I also edited the grass files to better fit the new cities. See screenshots below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cities_2_lowercontrast.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	262.5 KB 
ID:	647New cities, lower contrast (my first choice)

Name:	Cities_1_darker.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	279.0 KB 
ID:	648New cities, more colour

Name:	less_turqouise_grass.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	649New grass, les turqouise

Name:	Cities_2_lowercontrast_3.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	322.0 KB 
ID:	652Less contrast cities top down view

Name:	LA_3.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	158.1 KB 
ID:	653Thanks to NavTech for an HU on haze. I have edited the file to match the textures. Approaching LA.

I will highlight other amendments in a next post or two!

Best,
    Sascha
    Last edited by Sascha66; November 25th, 2013 at 03:00.

Hi,

here are some screenshots of the new haze environment. If you don't like it, I have included the old file.

Sascha

Name:	Desert_1.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	660Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Desert_2.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	137.0 KB 
ID:	659Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blue haze.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	661Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blue haze_3.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	123.0 KB 
ID:	658Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Orcas_new_2.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	662

Hi,

I have fixed the small airport texture because the eaves of a roof where orange instead of brick red. File is included - sorry no screenshot, I forgot at which airport I saw that particular building.

I have forgotten two files for the large airports - one variant with a modern steel construction and one with more good old-fashioned concrete (see screenshots below. I will upload these first thing this evening!

The whole update is found in the Beta 2.0 EVO directory in a folder called updates_6_cities_24Nov2013. File paths are indicated in the folder names within the zip file as usual.

Best wishes and have a good week!
    Sascha

Name:	Airport_steel.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	680Steel airport (obviously)

Name:	Airport_concrete.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	679Concrete airport

Uploaded the two airport textures to the updates_6_cities_24Nov2013 folder.

Have a nice evening!
    Sascha

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Hi,

I have fixed the small airport texture because the eaves of a roof where orange instead of brick red. File is included - sorry no screenshot, I forgot at which airport I saw that particular building.

I have forgotten two files for the large airports - one variant with a modern steel construction and one with more good old-fashioned concrete (see screenshots below. I will upload these first thing this evening!

The whole update is found in the Beta 2.0 EVO directory in a folder called updates_6_cities_24Nov2013. File paths are indicated in the folder names within the zip file as usual.

Best wishes and have a good week!
    Sascha

Name:	Airport_steel.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	180.2 KB 
ID:	680Steel airport (obviously)

Name:	Airport_concrete.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	679Concrete airport

Wow, Sascha!

If only I wasn't on vacation. That looks sensational!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_aus View Post
    Wow, Sascha!

If only I wasn't on vacation. That looks sensational!
    Thanks, but I'm sure you are seeing many beautiful places on your tour! At least I hope so!!

Just wanted to drop by and say I'm glad this project is still going. I never got things to look good, too fake-greeny sort of textures with hard borders adjacent to cities and such, so kind of let it go for awhile, then my recent HD crash had me rebuilding FS not quite from scratch, this time with W7. I might try this again because the potential outcome looks fantastic. Is there any re-pack with all the alterations to date?
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

Quote Originally Posted by aeromed202 View Post
    textures with hard borders adjacent to cities and such
    That is more a problem of the engine (or even landclass). Did you use the landclass lookup and terrain mask replacement files found in this addon?

http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=157915 (The Germany landclass is very good too)

I can repack them some time in the next days for any beta tester updating in one go. Good idea!

Cheers,
    Sascha

Members who have read this thread: 84