FS9 Xtreme Evolution: beta testers wanted! - Page 10
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: FS9 Xtreme Evolution: beta testers wanted!

Charter Member 2016
    That's true, but do you still have the 3d lights at night after you revert to the stock autogen.xml?
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. But even turning down the autogen slider with the 3d lights to dense yields plenty of lights so still enjoy good fps.

The Beta2 textures.....

.....definitely look better at height.

Attachment 93767Attachment 93768
    Out of EGYD, via EGXC, turning northwards.

Attachment 93769Attachment 93770
    Climbing from FL050, over the Humber Estuary.

Attachment 93771Attachment 93772
    Through FL090, to FL170.

Attachment 93773Attachment 93774
    Smile for the birdie.....and at rest (in the bar).

Dave

Mountain scenery

Attachment 93783Attachment 93784Attachment 93785

Attachment 93786
    Austrian plain tiles are a bit obvious, though.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    The replacement program for Filemon is Process Monitor here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s...rnals/bb896645

EDIT: This is a very sophisticated program with lots of options. Attached are some recommendations. If this runs okay but it is too cumbersome for you, PM me and I will share the old 32-bit Filemon program, simple, easy to use.

Going back in time a little here, but just wondering how this program actually works and what I'm looking for when I get a CTD. Not much in the way of instructions specific for fs9.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_aus View Post
    Going back in time a little here, but just wondering how this program actually works and what I'm looking for when I get a CTD. Not much in the way of instructions specific for fs9.
    Figured it out. All good.

SOH-CM-2019
    Blog Entries
    Jon et al

Did we ever find out why there weren't any textures in the "texture" folder in the dropbox?

Lightbulb

Did we ever find out why there weren't any textures in the "texture" folder in the dropbox?
    It's nothing in
    Author must add later ... AFAIK

Hi all,

I'm back home after 3 weeks vacation in Russia! I had some unexpected access problems, in fact I could not access the outhouse at all from ANY machine I could use. Almost as if there was a kind of block for Russian sites ...

Well I'll do my best to catch up asap, will set aside the weekend.

If I can manage I will upload the files for the fs9/texture folder earlier, I didn't manage before I had to leave.

Best wishes to all!
    Sascha

Hi all.

I added the missing files for the fs9\texture folder just now.

I also uploaded some updated files to go into the fs9\scenery\world\texture directory.

Best wishes!
    Sascha

Charter Member 2016
    Buildings are in general pretty good - but your roofs need some work. The coloration and discoloration I'm seeing here are completely appropriate for the equatorial region - but these screenshots are taken in Oklahoma City! I've also attached a screenshot or two of the "downtown greenery" issue. You'll see the same thing in Germany, too - I took a similar screenshot outside of ETUO, but that didn't convert as well...
    Attachment 94148Attachment 94147Attachment 94146
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Nice job, Sascha. Haven't had time to test ALL the textures - just added the updated world textures - but they look great. Bit more variety in the forests now.

Hi guys,

I just uploaded a patched update for Beta 2. It is found in the Beta 2 EVO folder of the dropbox in a directory appropiately called "updates". I fixed some tiling issues I noticed in the old stuff. This replaces the previous updates and includes a couple of additional texture sets as well as improving the previously updated files in some cases. If you have already downloaded yesterday, just replace the files with the new ones. I deleted the old update files from the drop box. Here is what is included ...

Attachment 94221 Improved European and US mountains. More variety in one set.
    Attachment 94218 Improved coloring of mountains to better fit other textures
    Attachment 94219 Fixed the roofs of European houses. Some variety in forests/grass for more eroded Alps.
    Attachment 94220 Changed some grass textures so that the Alps have a more realistically eroded look in some parts. Alps are less dark.
    Attachment 94222 Same goes for the Mediterannean islands.
    Attachment 94223 Changed the water reflection maps for noon and overcast to get a better color. Here in South Africa.
    Attachment 94224 South Africa again.
    Attachment 94225 Also fixed the roofs of US houses (for both North and South).

Fixed building textures are in a separate folder in the updates directory.

Watch out for next posts!

Cheers,
    Sascha

Updated files include reworks of most desert textures. Extra details aded, blending improved between different sets, some files changed to better fit the terrain type. Showcased in the screenshots is Australia:

Attachment 94226 Better blending of desert and grass textures.
    Attachment 94227 More details.
    Attachment 94228 Different desert sets work better together.
    Attachment 94229 You now get more gullies and rills.
    Attachment 94230 More large terrain features, less tiling.

Attachment 94232 Further improved color to be more natural. Lots of color variation in one set.

Next post will show US deserts.

Cheers,
    Sascha

Here are screenshots of the new improved sets for US deserts:

Attachment 94234
    Attachment 94235
    Attachment 94236
    Attachment 94238
    Attachment 94239 This is the original Beta 2 texture for the Grand Canyon.
    Attachment 94240 This is the update texture for the Grand Canyon. If you like the original better don't install 056c2su1-7 textures (or replace these textures with Beta 2 version).

That's it folks!

Sascha

Something is eating massive frames again.....Using stock default.xml and went from normal 50 fps locked to 15-16...

Quote Originally Posted by nater View Post
    Something is eating massive frames again.....Using stock default.xml and went from normal 50 fps locked to 15-16...

No change for me.

No change for me.
    Nor me.

Dave

hmmm....Defragmenting now...was only .53% fragmented, but I will see if this changes anything. What are your all settings for autogen? Have the slider full right (Where it has been for the past several years....)

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    Dangerousdave26
    Thank you :salute:
    Indeed it's there but one subfolder folder is empty
    into_fs9_texture
    Is this on purpose :ques:
    Sorry about that, I didn't manage to upload it before I left.

Cheers,
    Sascha

Anyone else notice a massive FPS decrease in this latest batch? Went from a solid 50 fps (locked) to about 15-18? Haven't seen those numbers since I first got FS9...
    The FPS decrease is due to the 3D lights. You can only see them if you place the EVO default.xml file in the autogen folder and the FS9_lib.BGL which is in the into_FS9_Scenery_Generic_scenery directory in the dropbox, but it will still register as an autogen object.

The easiest way to keep the autogen and get rid of the lights is just to rename the default.xml file or replace it with your original one, although I don't know what will be seen instead of the lights if you use your original file.

I will eventually make a set without lights.

Cheers,
    Sascha

So after playing around, I came to the conclusion that the FPS decrease is from the autogen. Replaced the default.xml with the original one, and bam....back up to 50 fps locked...
    Glad you were able to fix this!

Sascha

I could be wrong, but I don't think so. But even turning down the autogen slider with the 3d lights to dense yields plenty of lights so still enjoy good fps.
    I would be interested to know what happens if guys use their original default.xml and do not install the FS9-lib.bgl.

Sascha

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    .....definitely look better at height.

Out of EGYD, via EGXC, turning northwards.

Attachment 93769
    Climbing from FL050, over the Humber Estuary.

Attachment 93771Attachment 93772
    Through FL090, to FL170.

Smile for the birdie.....and at rest (in the bar).

Dave
    Hi Dave,

I think there are other textures mixed in with mine, probably due to seasonal change because I only did summer so far.

I think I should stop tweaking the summer master textures and transfer changes to autumn textures for an asap release!

Cheeers,
    Sascha

Members who have read this thread: 84