FS9 Xtreme Evolution: beta testers wanted! - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: FS9 Xtreme Evolution: beta testers wanted!

Lightbulb

I think the colour is something touchy and linked to taste of each user ...
    The rendition can be also different for each user as it's also linked to the settings of the video card .. monitor colour ... etc ..
    Note also that I use for some of my posted pics .. a EBN setting ..
    In a word .. it must be possible to the users to set the colour they want by fine tuning of their video card colour (a special profile) or EBN .. if this is really needed
    IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    I think the colour is something touchy and linked to taste of each user ...
    The rendition can be also different for each user as it's also linked to the settings of the video card .. monitor colour ... etc ..
    Note also that I use for some of my posted pics .. a EBN setting ..
    In a word .. it must be possible to the users to set the colour they want by fine tuning of their video card colour (a special profile) or EBN .. if this is really needed
    IMHO
    Indeed, I use enb to tweak colour saturation. FS9 displays textures very differently from PS which I use to edit.

Screenshots by testers vary wildly with some looking like mine and others being very green (which I get without bloom) and in your case bluish. It will depend on monitor, graphics setup and tweak utilities that each user is running.

Runways however I just changed before release for a more bluish-metalled look. Basically only a couple of runway are used everywhere. FS9 has at least 10 which I modified but I have only seen half in the sim.

I will upload my previous set (I have lots, just did not want the initial release to get too complicated) , that will give you brownish runways. Look in the !!!_tweaked_files folder in half an hour.

Edit: Already uploaded.

Cheers,
    Sascha

I agree. It's all personal taste.

I don't know anything about EBN and don't want to adjust my video card tint settings. This is a beta test and I should be reporting my impressions. But as I said, others may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Runways however I just changed before release for a more bluish-metalled look. Basically only a couple of runway are used everywhere. FS9 has at least 10 which I modified but I have only seen half in the sim.

I will upload my previous set (I have lots, just did not want the initial release to get too complicated) , that will give you brownish runways. Look in the !!!_tweaked_files folder in half an hour.

Cheers,
    Sascha
    I'm going to look lt this ENB thing and see what I can figure out. Keep in mind the runway in LAX in GW3 is dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by rich12545 View Post
    I'm going to look lt this ENB thing and see what I can figure out. Keep in mind the runway in LAX in GW3 is dirt.
    GW3 is Golden Wings 3? I am not familiar with that, so I can't say which runway texture is used. Can you do a screenshot? I might be able to identify it.

There are probably a number of older files which don't appear in my setup so that I lost track of them.

I have an idea though - go to the FS9\texture folder and remove runway15.bmp. Is the runway in LAX gone?

I'm off to grab some dinner, will check in again in an hour or so.

Cheers,
    Sascha

Yes, Golden Wings 3.

Here is the dirt runway at LAX.
    Attachment 91791

Here is flying over Los Angeles.
    Attachment 91792

Here is the rural area from Phenick Field in Ohio. Nice.
    Attachment 91793

Fly a little further to the city area.
    Attachment 91794

Looks like I replaced that with a grass texture i.e. runway10, runway13 or runway20.

Can you find out if that is correct by removing all three from the FS\texture folder?

Thanks!
    Sascha

I took out all the rwy 10 13 20 files and nothing changed.

Quote Originally Posted by rich12545 View Post
    I took out all the rwy 10 13 20 files and nothing changed.
    Then I'm stumped for now, I'll try to find out what texture tht is.

Thank you!
    Sascha

It has to be something that also affects urban areas also. That's where it mostly is. Look at the pic over LA and the urban area in Ohio. Same color.

My surprise is ...

... something that I've been working on for a long time but have got right only now!

I would have liked to say that it is a first for flight simming ... but FTXG overtook me on the last lap, well they are many and I am me only.

So here is the surprise: FS9 lights integrated into the textures. At least that is a first to my knowledge. No more disappearing autogen buildings, no more turning off the lights in day time! These lights are controlled through the autogen slider. You'll see lots of lights in the right places with lots of autogen left!

For best results you need to disable residential roads in your UT setup. If you are using default roads you should be fine.

I used the "minimal roads" patch available here: http://www.scenerysolutions.com/ut_downloads_FS9.html
    It removes everything but highways, motorways and intercconnecting roads.

Hopefully I will release it in a couple of hours. Just need to compile the modified agn files. I will not upload the full set but just the major city tiles so you can give me feedback.

Enough words, here are some screenshots:

KSFO at night, EVO lights + UT major road lights
    Attachment 91800

Same spot with deactivated UT, so even without addon kights you get plenty from EVO
    Attachment 91801

Same spot in daytime (no UT road lights), still plenty of autogen
    Attachment 91802

Lights are visible from far away ...
    Attachment 91803

... and mesh with autogen up close!
    Attachment 91804

Different color lights too. Very natural looking!
    Attachment 91805

:ernae:Cheers,
    Sascha

Charter Member 2016
    That looks great! I can't wait to give those night textures a try!
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

Well they are uploaded into this folder:
    !!!_EVO_extreme_autogen_w_lights

There will probably be a loss of framerates at extreme settings, you can control everything with the normal autogen slider.

It will work with any terrain.cfg. You will also need the library here if you don't already have it:
    into_FS9_Scenery_Generic_scenery

Drop all the files into the directories indicated in folder or file names and you are good to go!

I need to go to bed, it's been a long day I have a busy week ahead of me, so I probably won't be able to adress any problems that you guys might get with this setup. If you have a problem, I have put the normal set of autogen files in the same folder, drop them into the scenery\world\texture folder and it should be ok again.

Good night and out for today!
    Sascha

P.S.: Note that there are only a couple of new autogen files (large and medium cities) and only Europe and US. I want to check out how that level of autogen (pretty extreme) will work out framerate wise. If too much I will edit files to carry fewer lights.

A quick ENB guide for those not yet using it

ENB series (or sweetfx which I don't use) will allow you almost perfect control graphics wise. I have even managed to get all textures looking much sharper, although that was more a windfall from my experimentation with settings.

You can change these settings to tweak color and brightness very quickly (you can also have negative settings):

[BLOOM]
    BloomPowerDay=15 <-- Bloom power will make bright things brighter (the halo effect) and dark things darker dynamically.
    BloomFadeTime=300 <-- transition time when changing view point
    BloomConstantDay=1 <-- increase this and it will get brighter
    BloomQuality=0
    BloomScreenLevelDay=100
    BloomCurveDay=5
    BloomPowerNight=18
    BloomConstantNight=0
    BloomCurveNight=0
    BloomScreenLevelNight=20
    BloomAdaptationScreenLevel=24
    BloomAdaptationMultiplier=100
    BloomAllowOversaturation=1 <-- When you set this to 0 you will lose color
    BloomMaxLimit=100

[SSAO]
    UseFilter=1
    OcclusionQuality=2
    FilterQuality=1
    DarkeningLevel=15
    BrighteningLevel=20
    IlluminationLevel=20
    AdditiveIlluminationLevel=18
    UseAmbientOcclusion=1
    UseIndirectLighting=1
    FadeDistance=50
    UseForAlphaTest=0
    UseForAlphaBlend=0

[COLORCORRECTION]
    DarkeningAmountDay=32 <-- Makes dark areas darker, giving a more "defined" look. When you have muddy looking textures, this will improve it.
    ScreenLevelDay=2
    ScreenLevelNight=1
    DarkeningAmountNight=-20
    GammaCurveDay=-2
    GammaCurveNight=-2
    ColorSaturationDay=0 <-- Controls amount of colour. Even a change of 1 will have a noticeable effect!
    ColorSaturationNight=0
    UsePaletteTexture=1 <-- the palette injects color through a single file called enbpallette.bmp (in my case a slightly greenish tinge). Set to 0 to see how it looks without.

Hope this helps! You can get almost any base colouring using these settings.

Regards,
    Sascha

Well it is time for some other regions ...

... here is a screenshot of scenery close to Macau.

Attachment 91820

I was inspired for this shot by a thread over at avsim discussing the relative merits of GE and FTX. The debate is still going strong it seems ... I probably shouldn't have tossed in my two cents but all the fuss around FTXG is getting to me.

Avsim allows high resolution screenshots which turn out rather neat, the format pleases my sense of aesthetics.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/414457-...0#entry2745860 <--- Full res image, a bit sharpened to reduce mushy effect from screenshot. Much better than what I can achieve here. I won't make a habit of posting over there though!

I'll be taking some shots of other parts of the world.

Cheers,
    Sascha

Edit: After editing the post my screenshot is suddenly much larger inline! How did that happen? I would like to do this all the time but can't manage it. Only smaller previews.

A few pics from here and there. Several around Seattle area including night and city. Lots of buildings!!! And love those lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_aus View Post
    A few pics from here and there. Several around Seattle area including night and city. Lots of buildings!!! And love those lights.

Looking good!

The colours are too bright for my taste, though - that's why I use bloom to correct it. Otherwise my sim shows them like that on my new monitor. On my old monitor the colors looked much more natural without having to use bloom. Strangely in Photoshop the colours are always just right.

Don't know why FS2004 does that ...

Cheers,
    Sascha

Here's the results of my first flight with default FS9 bloom.

Attachment 91831Attachment 91832
    I love the new sea textures. This is exactly how the North Sea really looks from 500 feet. You can see why nobody ever wants to swim in it.

Attachment 91833Attachment 91834
    The land textures looked a little too 'bottle-green' at first look, but it grows on you.

Attachment 91835
    I'm not certain of this grass texture at all. England doesn't have this problem.

Caveat: I'm running Windows 8.1 Preview, and all graphics displayed are currently suspect while MS are 'playing'.

Dave

Lightbulb

I give a try with the extreme autogen .. but it's too much extreme for my gear .. lol ... FPS divided by 2 in big cities .. like Paris ..

Some more captures with different ENB settings ....

No ENB

With ENB (green)

No ENB

With ENB (green)

With another ENB (dark)

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    I give a try with the extreme autogen .. but it's too much extreme for my gear .. lol ... FPS divided by 2 in big cities .. like Paris ..

Some more captures with different ENB settings ....

No ENB

With ENB (green)

No ENB

With ENB (green)

With another ENB (dark)

Hi Navtech,

I like the dark one best! Where is that? You seem to have an older autogen building texture that I thought I'd rejected, I seem to have gotten something mixed up.

Best,
    Sascha

Lightbulb

Where is that?
    Mauritius Island
    Caution
    I have many files other than originals in my installation .. so it can be a mix !!

Hi guys,

I have placed some new tweaked files into the !!!_tweaked_files diretory:

- browner inland water
    - alternate autogen buildings
    - enbserie setup which gives overall browner look

Also already some more detailed trees in there.

I will now tweak all files for some desaturation, starting with US deserts.

Thank you for your efforts so far!

Good night!
    Sascha

Quote Originally Posted by Sascha66 View Post
    Looking good!

The colours are too bright for my taste, though - that's why I use bloom to correct it. Otherwise my sim shows them like that on my new monitor. On my old monitor the colors looked much more natural without having to use bloom. Strangely in Photoshop the colours are always just right.

Don't know why FS2004 does that ...

Cheers,
    Sascha

Yeah I like to feel like there is a fair bit of glare from cockpit view which can look different from external shots. Easy press of the hot key for sweetfx though and its off if the weather is OC. So get a gloomy darker look from inside cockpit. My sweetfx settings were for the original textures I had in but messing around some more I came up with this. Kinda feels bright with some glare but keeping the textures a little dry looking.

Must say I'm loving them!!! This from San Francisco area and north heading toward Napa Valley I guess. Along with some turbulence, 40m Vis, this was one of the most real 'flight's I've had since I actually did some real flying many moons ago. Very enjoyable. So nice work, Sascha!!

Sweetfx off for darker gloomier look :

Out of Edwards AFB, heading West - looking for desert. Found this:

Attachment 91907Attachment 91908
    Attachment 91909Attachment 91910

The last shot looks a little 'quilted'.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_aus View Post
    Yeah I like to feel like there is a fair bit of glare from cockpit view which can look different from external shots. Easy press of the hot key for sweetfx though and its off if the weather is OC. So get a gloomy darker look from inside cockpit. My sweetfx settings were for the original textures I had in but messing around some more I came up with this. Kinda feels bright with some glare but keeping the textures a little dry looking.

Must say I'm loving them!!! This from San Francisco area and north heading toward Napa Valley I guess. Along with some turbulence, 40m Vis, this was one of the most real 'flight's I've had since I actually did some real flying many moons ago. Very enjoyable. So nice work, Sascha!!

Sweetfx off for darker gloomier look :

I like the bright look! I am working on some desaturated tetures now so there will be a choice.

Cheers,
    Sascha

Members who have read this thread: 84