FS9 Xtreme Evolution: beta testers wanted! - Page 2
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: FS9 Xtreme Evolution: beta testers wanted!

Hi guys,

I am uploading the first files now. I have a slow internet connection so I will leave it to go overnight.

Meanwhile I would already like to ask you for some input: I need a copyright statement suitable for a beta test.

Does anyone here have experience with a beta test and willing to share the know-how?

I'm afraid I don't really know what to put in it, I want to retain all rights including how and to whom to distribute it until release .

Best and thank you!
    Sascha

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_aus View Post
    That'll do nicely.
    I'd emphasise the requirement to backup those items you're proposing to overwrite. Entire directories are easiest.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    That'll do nicely.
    I'd emphasise the requirement to backup those items you're proposing to overwrite. Entire directories are easiest.

Dave
    Thank you to both of you, this seems to be what is needed!

Sascha

Beta test open!

Hi guys,

PMs with beta link send to all volunteers! Hopefully, it will work for everyone.

I'm off to bed now.

I have reserved most of Sunday to work with everyone on intial problems, as soon as I'm feeling human again after getting up I'll be checking into the forum.

Cheers and thanks,
    Sascha

I just replaced the "into_FS9_root_folder_terrain_cfg.zip" file in the Dropbox directory "into_FS9_root_folder". It was identical to the terrain.cfg for less autogen by mistake.

If you downloaded it before now, please get the update. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Sascha

I have just uploaded an alternative terrain.cfg which eliminates the terrain mask underneath the utility lines because I find them quite distracting.

Get it directly here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ivw200s13...tilitymask.zip

Have fun!
    Sascha

Lightbulb

Some pics from a raw test ... so far so good
    Note:
    PM send!

Hi all,

you might want to try this ground detail file. For some computers this will yield extra sharpness.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ycgzycc7j3xcgev/detail1.bmp

Cheers,
    Sascha

Lightbulb

Some more pics ... so far so good ...

Austria

Chicago

I kept original Terrain cfg in because all the others give me a CTD. But everything good so far.

Lightbulb

I kept original Terrain cfg in because all the others give me a CTD. But everything good so far.
    I have the exact same problem ... weird isn'it ?
    Error message about FS9.exe when at 52 % loading .....

Hey careful with that torpedo over the city, Navtech!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_aus View Post
    Hey careful with that torpedo over the city, Navtech!
    FedEx? Special Delivery?

Dave

Didn't have any issues with a CTD on my machine....Looks absolutely stunning! Feels like you are flying VFR without using SAT imaging!

Over Erlangen, Germany towards Bamberg, Germany
    Attachment 91773

Hi all,

can you check if you have this file https://www.dropbox.com/s/zar2sw4jw0d7gjk/FS9_lib.BGL

in your FS9 ...\Scenery\Generic\scenery directory? This might be causing the CTDs with the included terrain.cfg.

Cheers,
    Sascha

Lightbulb

I had not this file ...
    But even with this file and your terrain.cfg ... the FS9 launch stay stuck at 52% (and as usual .. full hard disk activity and after sometime .. error message ... LOL)

Hi all,

I have placed the first tweaked files into a directory called "!!!_tweaked_files" in the dropbox.

This is a set of desaturated US desert files.

Thank you for all your comments so far!

I will now work some on my surprise and will not check the forum until evening, hopefully to post an update.

Have a beautiful Sunday!
    Sascha

Charter Member 2016
    Funny thing, that. I didn't have the FS9_lib file, but everything seems to have loaded ok anyway...? Everything running smoothly here...
    "Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life." - 2 Nephi 31:20

Mormon.org

I had it in mine...I have noticed though crashing as soon as I get to SAT made scenery I made, that I had added autogen to...

Also noticed that everyone else's screens the ground is darker than mine

Hi all,

if you are experiencing CTDs try putting back your old terrain.cfg and see if the problem persits.

If you are using scenery with custom autogen a likely source of CTDs is the autogen default.xml file. Put this back, too.

Both files are not really essential right now, I just tweaked some autogen sizes, exclusion zones around roads to get more autogen shown, increased sizes of beaches and so on. I can write up what I did so people can tweak their own files if they want. One can get an amazing lot of autogen to show in FS9!

I use the minimal UT road patch from this page: http://www.scenerysolutions.com/ut_downloads_FS9.html

CAUTION: This can only be reversed by reinstalling UT! But it has a great effect!

You will need a modified autogen and terrain.cfg for my surprise. though ...

I don't know enough to get an installer to modify people's existing files, unfortunately!

Cheers and a big THANK YOU for your efforts so far! :salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:

Sascha

PS: Take the occasional look into the !!!_tweaked files directory, I won't be announcing every file I change.

Cheeers,
    Sascha

It worked when I put back my original terrain file. I had not downloaded the library file but will put that in. Had no problems after that. I will try your new desert files. Everything is very nice but I think the tint is a bit too blue for my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by rich12545 View Post
    Everything is very nice but I think the tint is a bit too blue for my taste.
    Do you mean just the desert or overall?

Thank you!
    Sascha

Pretty much overall. Especially around urban areas. The fields in Ohio look nice but the area around the housing looks too blue. And for example, flying out of LAX in GW3 the runway is brownish. With your textures it's bluish. If you look at the pics posted by Navtech you can see what I mean. Now, this is just my taste and others might vary.

Maybe turquoise is a better word than blue.

Members who have read this thread: 84