Victory! The CFS2 world is ours.
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Victory! The CFS2 world is ours.

Victory! The CFS2 world is ours.

Finally....
    Today the first completely correctly mapped VTP1 lines to ever come out of my beloved cfs2autocoast tool, my preciousssss.
    It's been 8 years in the making... this battle has been won.
    I've learnt SOOOO much from it; programming in the .NET framework, GIS data, raw BGL code, the inner workings of the CFS2 graphics engine, down to DirectX level... BELIEVE ME, THE WAR IS FAR FROM OVER. CFS2 FOREVER!
    Attachment 91138
    (if anyone is interested in testing out the tool and/or helping with creating content please PM me; I lost most of your e-mail adresses unfortunately)

WELCOME BACK!!!............

......and HE comes with presents no less!!!! As with all YOUR work I can't wait to see how this changes our little fantasy world.:salute::isadizzy:

Hi Sander.

PM'd you with my email address. Really looking forward to this.

dick

Question

Always I felt admiration for the people here that works with scenery. I´m not a man with enought patient for that. My question is if there is some way to make coastlines easy, because there are many theaters that need them.
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

Alpine, CA in San Diego's beautiful back country!

Great news Sander!

Looking forward to playing with the production-design AutoCoast. I have been away from scenery making for the last few months but just before taking a break I was quite busy pushing the old prototype AutoCoast as far as I could- with excellent results, too, I might add. This may get me back into the groove again.

Well done!

MR
    "A sandwich and a cup of coffee, and then off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony, and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums.”

― Sherlock Holmes

MR Downloads at SOH
    MR Albums at SOH MR Web Site

Congratulations ..!

As if CFS2; Fenix ​​bird has soul.
    The continuous expansion! :ernae:

Long life CFS2.

Thank you so much ..!

Now I have to find time for this.

He's backk!

Bwa, hahahaha! CFS2 will yet rule the combat flight sim world! Other sims don't stand a chance against this ancient, unstoppable juggernaut!

PM sent

Great news Sander!. Thanks for your long dedication to this cause. :salute:

Reply...

Sander,

I second all the congratulations in this thread. This is outstanding, and I thank you for all your efforts and contributions! :ernae:
    "Rami"

"Me? I'm just a Sea of Tranquility in an Ocean of Storms, babe."

My campaign site: http://www.box.net/shared/0k1e1rz29h
    My missions site: http://www.box.net/shared/ueh4kazk3v
    My scenery site: http://www.box.net/shared/knb1l0ztobhs2esb14rb

Great News - Congratulations!

This will definatley breath new life into CFS2 and bring it to a higher level.

CFS2.013 so to speak.
    Visit my CFS2-dedicated sites: CFS2 : Tips&Tricks + Downloads + A/C-Profiles + Links

Wow!!!
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin

Thanks guys! back at ya!
    I'm really super excited. Still have to grind down some details and write up some documentation and do some more platform testing before this goes nuclear... But I can tell you that it seems the quality of the texturing seems to be on par with the MS Pacific.
    I'm a bit embarrassed that I haven't taken a minute to swap out the default water textures, but here it is:
    Attachment 91180

And the stock FS9 textures for lakes aren't that great, and the dual carriage motorways everywhere, but that can be easily replaced with some 1940s style BMPs.
    Attachment 91182

This is great news. I am very happy for you.

Nothing is more rewarding than creating something.

Can't wait for all the scenery guys and gals to get there hands on this tool.

Regards,
    B24Guy

They just have!
    First preview version is released.

Wow ..! delivered on time!
    Just gave a look at the tutorials, I will have dedicate time to get it going.
    Thank you very much to keep the dedication and compromise. :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by Sander View Post
    They just have!
    First preview version is released.
    could u provide a link to us? thank u!
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

It is not out for the public yet. You need to Private Message him for a link.
    "Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right!" Some SOH Founder.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Magnificent!

Oustanding job, Sander!

Is this new Autocoast tool going to fix rivers and railways as well?

I am asking this because I am doing some bridge work over the Po river in Northern Italy Po Valley, using your early release ETO textures and landclass, quite appropriate for this part of the country.

Unfortunately, railroads are entirely missing and I am going nuts placing Canion's RR tiles in proximity of airports or bridges that were there in WWII (which Rami will do his best to blow up.......). Since these scenery objects are rather short in length, the total count of objects per each scenery is going skyhigh. Fps will not benefit from all of these objects either, even if they are flat tiles.

Rivers are also a problem: they are either missing entirely, and there's quite a network of Po left and right affluents in the entire valley, or they are displayed as lakes in the areas where they are rather wide in real life.

Altogether a fictional representation of real life Po Valley. If you care for an example, I am attaching a new file to the La Spezia thread of my latest effort:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...777#post825777

which includes the road and RR bridges in Piacenza and Achim's Reggio Emilia airport with the Reggiane aircraft factory nearby. Both have a trainstation and dual RR tracks as they were (and still are) during WWII. All of available scenery objects uploaded here are necessary: ETO repaints of CFS2 stock hangars/buildings by Captain Kurt, Canion's libs, Wolfi's libs, Dave Mangum's German buildings, Gary Burns' RAF BoB library updated by Pen32win, Mask Rider's PTO objects and Leroy10's early trees.

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:

P.S.: I replied to this thread before opening the La Spezia Project thread. You had already answered there to my question here. Thank you!
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    could u provide a link to us? thank u!
    If you're interested to stick your hands in the mud, PM me your email address and I'll add you to the mailing list.

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    Oustanding job, Sander!

Is this new Autocoast tool going to fix rivers and railways as well?

I am asking this because I am doing some bridge work over the Po river in Northern Italy Po Valley, using your early release ETO textures and landclass, quite appropriate for this part of the country.

Unfortunately, railroads are entirely missing and I am going nuts placing Canion's RR tiles in proximity of airports or bridges that were there in WWII (which Rami will do his best to blow up.......). Since these scenery objects are rather short in length, the total count of objects per each scenery is going skyhigh. Fps will not benefit from all of these objects either, even if they are flat tiles.

Rivers are also a problem: they are either missing entirely, and there's quite a network of Po left and right affluents in the entire valley, or they are displayed as lakes in the areas where they are rather wide in real life.

Altogether a fictional representation of real life Po Valley. If you care for an example, I am attaching a new file to the La Spezia thread of my latest effort, which includes the road and RR bridges in Piacenza and Achim's Reggio Emilia airport with the Reggiane aircraft factory nearby. Both have a trainstation and dual RR tracks as they were (and still are) during WWII. All of available scenery objects uploaded here are necessary: ETO repaints of CFS2 stock hangars/buildings by Captain Kurt, Canion's libs, Wolfi's libs, Dave Mangum's German buildings, Gary Burns' RAF BoB library updated by Pen32win and Leroy10's early trees.

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:
    We'll probably re-do all of Europe to a higher standard quality. I don't know why so much stuff is missing from that particular area; it could be one of the tiles that caused ground2k to throw fits; I don't remember. Either way, with this tool it will become "child's play" (=relative to the ground2k method) to zoom in on your own backyard and lay down whatever you want.