Milviz Boeing 737-200c Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Milviz Boeing 737-200c Released

Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    I hope you folks like this one. I did the flight dynamics and actually flew the 200 combi for a number of years as Captain. I think it does a pretty good job of replicating the 200 experience. A great plane for "gunk holing". Going in and out of all sorts of out of the way primitive places. Used to fly into Dutch Harbor (PADU) of Deadliest Catch fame!

Regards: Tom
    I can think of no finer endorsement that to realize that a man who flew the actual aircraft is the one who created the FSX flight modeling files. I am certain that any limitations, if any, are simply a direct byproduct of limits within FSX for which there are simply no work arounds available.

I think this is an outstanding jet!

Ken

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by n4gix View Post
    Where it was possible to do so, yes.
    Thanks - When I'm back home from my Florida vacation It will be the first aircraft I purchase. The 737-(Early models) are my favorite aircraft to fly....

David

The 737-200 was probably the most fun jet I ever flew, one you could fly and not manage.

T

Off to work on UFOs... Nice work to all involved. Always liked the early 737s.

MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fliger747 View Post
    The 737-200 was probably the most fun jet I ever flew, one you could fly and not manage.

T
    Yep and a few times in Yellowknife's blasted cold WX I could remember banging and pounding my fist on the dash top to knock the gauges loose from stuck lol or fighting a stiffy on approach because the tail and elevators go nuts with the shifting fast winds in the midnight sun. I would not want to imagine doing the Dutch runs in the mid winter, that had to be crazy.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

The winds in the winter at such havens as Dutch, Kodiak, Juneau etc could be formidable, this in the pre GPS era. Long range nav was a somewhat unfriendly LORAN. Then the Cold of Fairbanks and Barrow were other challenges. An honest if not perfect plane.

T

Tom, there is a PADQ Kodiak in FSX/Prepar3D development atm in idle mode. They have the USCG Station nearly accurate and working on the LC and photo-scenery. By chance do you have any pics of the main ramp and Terminal? I went thru my pics and dang nab it all I have pics of is the CGAS side lol.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire

Been flying international for some time now (18 years) so I don't get down to Kodiak much. Will ask around though.

T

Are there no repaints yet for this aircraft?
    Ta!
    If you know the avatar, you know the man!
    M/B: Asus Z170 Deluxe - CPU: i7 6700k - RAM: 16Gb Corsair DDR4 3200mhz - Vid: Asus GTX970
    Windows 10 (x64) on M.2 SSD - FS Software on: Sata SSD

Quote Originally Posted by dougal95 View Post
    Are there no repaints yet for this aircraft?
    Ta!
    Check the Milviz forums. There are a few there in progress and paints for American and Aloha Air Cargo available.

-steve

Atm, I'd like to ban all American Ops at KSAT. There darn chrome with the sun brightness and the extreme temps we have are dangerous if your not wearing eye protection and if the sun hit there fuse just right and beams the light to the grass fire like the old mag glass trick. Twice yesterday I got blinded as did two SWA flights err and ground crews had to put out two minor fires in the grass quick. will be happy when American finally switches all chrome to the new paint.

Quote Originally Posted by CG_1976 View Post
    Atm, I'd like to ban all American Ops at KSAT. There darn chrome with the sun brightness and the extreme temps we have are dangerous if your not wearing eye protection and if the sun hit there fuse just right and beams the light to the grass fire like the old mag glass trick. Twice yesterday I got blinded as did two SWA flights err and ground crews had to put out two minor fires in the grass quick. will be happy when American finally switches all chrome to the new paint.

Really? The bare polished aluminum can actually cause a grass fire?

Ken

The glare made him drop his cigar.....

T

For general information's sake, the anticipated "Hot Fix" has been released and is available from the Milviz.com website.

In addition, there is also a more advanced "night lighting" package available for those who have Vista OS or better, as well as a DX11 capable video card with at least 1GB of onboard memory. The installer package for this also has an "Uninstall/Reverter" option in case one wishes to go back to the released "night lighting" easily.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

IntelŪ Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    IntelŪ Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Where can we find a screen with the advanced night lighting? I donīt have the 737 yet.
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by flaviossa View Post
    Where can we find a screen with the advanced night lighting? I donīt have the 737 yet.
    I don't know aside from the official Support Forum. There is this one that's at "full bright" but a lot of the subtlety is lost:
    http://www.b737.org.uk/images/glare-200adv.jpg

The actually lightmaps are the same for the released and the "advanced" versions, it just that the advanced takes advantage of the graphics card's onboard processing and use of shader blending modes. It's faster and better blended.
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

IntelŪ Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    IntelŪ Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

From where at the milviz website can the hotfix be downloaded?
    Anneke

Thanks Mr. Bill. Perhaps some owner will publish a VC shot for us with the effects. Frankly, i donīt know why a nice feature is hidden from possible buyers, after all itīs just a Screenshot. I will get it as soon as my CC says iīm good to go
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by Anneke View Post
    From where at the milviz website can the hotfix be downloaded?
    Milviz forums:
    http://www.milviz.com/forum/

"Completed Milviz Projects", "737-200 Support Forum"

Rick

EDIT:
    Access to the 737 Support Forum is for customers only. Once a customer has contacted RoadBurner440 with their proof of purchase, they are given access to the Support Forum
    Just drop a line at: Roadburner440 at milviz dot com to either get an account or get access to the support forum if you already have an account.

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Milviz forums:
    http://www.milviz.com/forum/

"Completed Milviz Projects", "737-200 Support Forum"

Rick
    Hi Rick,
    Like Anneke, I'm also unable to find the hotfix at the Milviz 737 forum. Do you know if it's under a specific post, or if it has yet to be posted?

It's a distinct possibility that I'm completely overlooking it.....I'm dense at times!

Thanks.
    -Mark

It may be like me you haven't been allowed access to the sub form for 737 support yet.

Email a request for access to Roadburner440 at milviz dot com

It may be like me you haven't been allowed access to the sub form for 737 support yet.
    :redf:

I knew I missed something. I was looking in the 737 general forum, not the support forum. Email sent to Roadrunner.

Thanks Jetstream.
    -Mark

Hmm, they need to change their forum policy. I can see all support forums but cannot see the 737 support forum. How would I know if there is an update, or an actual Boeing 737 support forum??

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by miragecy View Post
    Hmm, they need to change their forum policy. I can see all support forums but cannot see the 737 support forum. How would I know if there is an update, or an actual Boeing 737 support forum??

Andy
    Access to the 737 Support Forum is for customers only. Once a customer has contacted RoadBurner with their proof of purchase, they are given access to the Support Forum, much like Lotus.

Quote Originally Posted by MenendezDiego View Post
    Access to the 737 Support Forum is for customers only. Once a customer has contacted RoadBurner with their proof of purchase, they are given access to the Support Forum, much like Lotus.
    As soon as the pre pay option was offered, I bought the aircraft and I already have access to the other support forums from the days I purchased the F-86 and T-38

Andy

Members who have read this thread: 1