Congrats to Ryan Newman!!

Thread: Congrats to Ryan Newman!!

Congrats to Ryan Newman!!

Really happy for him to win at Indy! He deserved it!!

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Really happy for him to win at Indy! He deserved it!!

Yup, and it may help him find a new ride for next year.

Yep!
    Snoozer of a race but definitely great seeing Ryan in Victory Lane

Question

Need to know what Jimmie's in and out lap speeds where in comparison to Newman before they put blame entirely on Jimmie's pit crew....

A great day for Ryan Newman!
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Panther_99FS View Post
    Need to know what Jimmie's in and out lap speeds where in comparison to Newman before they put blame entirely on Jimmie's pit crew....
    He finished second, why does there have to be blame. You can't win them all.

They were saying Ryan was .2 to .4 faster per lap.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    He finished second, why does there have to be blame. You can't win them all.
    The announcers have faulted Jimmie's pit crew...
    Edit: They said something about the right rear tire changer lost his help...

Hey All,

I just got back from a bluegrass festival.

Forget the in/out speeds - these guys are better than any F1 driver at that.

Johnson's pitstop 17.2 secs taking 4. Newman I've not see a time for but he only took 2. Johnson's crew was a full 4 secs slower than they should have been - the good pit crews even taking 4 are in the 13s and even in the 12s. His pit crew blew it big time. Then to top it off there was no late race caution where Jimmie's taking 4 would have made the difference on a restart. Taking two and trying to stay with somebody who took 4 on a restart is hard at best. Jimmie won this race but was robbed again in terms of his pit crew blowin it and no late race caution.

That is the luck of the race Gods. That said nice to see Ryan in victory lane - Jimmie will get the next one.

-Ed-
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    Forget the in/out speeds - these guys are better than any F1 driver at that.
    -Ed-
    This is a totally uncalled for jab here. There's been no blasting or comparison of F1 to NASCAR here.

However, the fact of the matter is that in all forms of racing where pit stops occur, in lap and out lap speeds are part of total time.
    Now if you read my previous post, you'll see the "edit" where I acknowledge Jimmie's tire changer issues....

hey All,

This is a totally uncalled for jab here. There's been no blasting or comparison of F1 to NASCAR here.
    Fair enuff.

This is an F1 concern and for good reason but irrelevant in NASCAR. The NASCAR drivers know the speed limits as per their RPMs for a given gear and the timing segments on pit road.

-Ed-
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    hey All,

Fair enuff.

This is an F1 concern and for good reason but irrelevant in NASCAR. The NASCAR drivers know the speed limits as per their RPMs for a given gear and the timing segments on pit road.

-Ed-

What about the deceleration prior to the pit road speed limit warning line :ques:

Hey All,

That is a big issue on some tracks but not others but only because of the location of the entrance to pit road. It is hard to find a driver who is too careful. That said it would likely only cost a few tenths as the drivers know where their marks are and they practice while what happens in the pits can be in whole seconds as with Jimmie today.

-Ed-

Question

What about the ability to drive on cold tires on the out lap :ques:
    Edit: There have been a small amount of races on the tele where've they've posted driver in/out laps speeds....

Wish they would do this more often.....

Hey All,

No way to comment other than to say all the drivers face cold tires on the out and often on restarts. How do you separate car from driver? Different drivers and CCs have different ideas about how much air and how fast the tires come up to pressure. No idea what to say about this.

-Ed-

DISCLAIMER: I'm NOT trying to say one series is better than another.

Some open wheel series are pretty keen on reporting in/out lap times. (Again, I'm not saying one series is better than the other).
    That being said, I've seen drivers have some pretty incredible out laps on cold tires and the result that they've either gained a position or
    maintained a position due to a slow pit crew member....

Hey All,

I think this is more of a concern at Daytona and Talledega since the tires are so flat - it takes a lap or more to build enough heat to have the right pressure. I'm not sure how big an issue it is on other NASCAR tracks although I suspect it is definitely an issue on restarts. I doubt it is even worth mentioning at Bristol and other short tracks. The variety in tracks is one of the major factors separating NASCAR from open wheel and is I have zero doubt the factor the absolute least understood by those who only see left turns.

-Ed-