Flight Replicas P-40N Released [Payware}
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flight Replicas P-40N Released [Payware}

Flight Replicas P-40N Released [Payware}

Flight Replicas is pleased to announce the release of the Curtiss P-40N Warhawk/Kittyhawk IV for FSX-plus-Acceleration.

For more information, the home page for the P40N can be found here: http://www.flight-replicas.com/P-40N_basepage.htm

Ouch, on the evening before I leave on holiday....first thing when I get back!
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Thanks Mike for a great package for a great aircraft. Let the repaints flow.

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

That is one beautiful package

Now they've gone and done it.. :mixedsmi: My poor, poor credit card. LOL!!
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by WarHorse47 View Post
    Now they've gone and done it.. :mixedsmi: My poor, poor credit card. LOL!!
    No kidding! First FTX Global, then this. My credit card is crying, but I'm smiling.

A vist to a very busy and cloudy Duxford. I'll upload this repaint this evening.

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Complete package downloaded and installed flawlessly. The aircraft sounds are really fantastic. Thanks Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleartheprop View Post
    Complete package downloaded and installed flawlessly. The aircraft sounds are really fantastic. Thanks Mike.
    Don't forget to thank Bernt, Wozza, Greg, John, Tom, Huub and Ferry! Everyone did a superb job. Bernt took so much care with this project that the last version of the airfile, with prop RPM behaviour tweaked yet again, arrived just this morning. That's dedication.

I should mention that the P40N will be available on the Flight Replicas website ONLY for the time being (a week or so), until I know that there are no things to correct. After that, the P-40N will be sent to the usual vendors. I'll let everyone know when the P-40N is available elsewhere.

Mike

Charter Member 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_cyul View Post
    Don't forget to thank Bernt, Wozza, Greg, John, Tom, Huub and Ferry! Everyone did a superb job. Bernt took so much care with this project that the last version of the airfile, with prop RPM behaviour tweaked yet again, arrived just this morning. That's dedication.

I should mention that the P40N will be available on the Flight Replicas website ONLY for the time being (a week or so), until I know that there are no things to correct. After that, the P-40N will be sent to the usual vendors. I'll let everyone know when the P-40N is available elsewhere.

Mike
    Wow - just downloaded the whole package - you guys did a great job. Thank you

Charter Member 2012
    Hi Mike

Fantastic product - im a bit concerned though as in Prepar3D I don't appear to have any glazing effect in the VC - like on the Boomerang. Its just like there are no windows and just fresh air. Is that correct?

Loving the sound!

Love the choice of helmet and lifejacket etc - very clever.

It ain't much when it isn't........

Crikey , I'm late of the mark .... really going to have ta to catch up to the rest of ya .. .. installing the 'World' so lets see how spots the P-40 has a looksie <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Awesome job, FR team.... and I love that paint job, John...... :salute:

Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Purchased and downloading now! Thanks Mike and team for another amazing job! This one was in my list for a longggg time :salute:
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    Hi Mike

Fantastic product - im a bit concerned though as in Prepar3D I don't appear to have any glazing effect in the VC - like on the Boomerang. Its just like there are no windows and just fresh air. Is that correct?

Loving the sound!

Love the choice of helmet and lifejacket etc - very clever.

Do you mean as seen from inside the VC, or on the outside in the external view?

I believe Tom Stovall has been flying the P-40N in P3D, and hasn't reported any issues. If his screenshot earlier in the thread is from P3D, then I do see glazing, although I can't tell if the reflectivity is there. Perhaps Tom can let us know?

There is nothing reflected in the VC glass, as I couldn't see anything worthwhile to do in any of the in-flight videos I've seen or the real P-40N I had the pleasure of going over, if that's what you mean?

Mike

Someone asked earlier if the Curtis tail number font was available (there may have been more than one, but this is the style most often seen in factory-painted P-40N's). The numbers are now available on the Flight Replicas download page here.

Just to let you know that Jeansy has very kindly made the pilot's uniform available in Commonwealth blue, and can be found here:

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/...-uniforms-mod/

Mike

South Chesterfield Virginia, United States
    Blog Entries
    Just took her on a short stroll around the homedrome... I am very happy with this plane, Mike.. What Bomber 12th's Mustangs are to FSX, so is your P-40N.. I am amazed at the details of each model.. I thank you for the hard work that I am sure went into making this plane happen... WOW!!!!!!!!.....is all I can say... Wonderful recreation....... Loving every minute of it!!!!!

I believe Tom Stovall has been flying the P-40N in P3D, and hasn't reported any issues. If his screenshot earlier in the thread is from P3D, then I do see glazing, although I can't tell if the reflectivity is there. Perhaps Tom can let us know?

There is nothing reflected in the VC glass, as I couldn't see anything worthwhile to do in any of the in-flight videos I've seen or the real P-40N I had the pleasure of going over, if that's what you mean?

Mike
    Mike, the photo in my previous post was from FSX. I will try to duplicate the exact same look in P3D to show you any difference there may be. Back soon with the picture. Here is the same picture in P3D as best I can match the lighting. Very difficult to get the lighting exact.

By the way John's "Little Jeanne" is posted in the library.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

Charter Member 2012

Mike
    Hi Mike - OK - I was referring to vc glass - just wanted to make sure that no textures were missing!

Just working on my first repaint!

Trying to do the one that was found in Egypt recently flown by Flt S D Copping. But im finding my patience is not great today with so many lines not matching. Great paintkit if its a simple scheme! May have to give this up

OMG it's out!!! Off to buy it!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
    Just working on my first repaint!
    Trying to do the one that was found in Egypt recently flown by Flt S D Copping. But im finding my patience is not great today with so many lines not matching. Great paintkit if its a simple scheme! May have to give this up

Perhaps consider it practice...the one in the desert was an E variant, and that will indeed be coming out at some point in the future.

You could also try using the RAF paint scheme (unless you purchased the "Early" package), drag that onto the paintkit .psd, and add and remove from that. Just a thought!

Mike

Thanks Mike and team! The plane is beautiful, the start procedure is very detailed and the sound package awesome (Try it with headphones) .... :salute:

"Já te atendo, tchê!" P40N - Canoas - 1954
    Flavio - P3D v4.5 - MSFS 2020 - Win 11 Pro 64
    i912900KF 5.2ghz - ASUS TUFZ690 - AIO Cooler Master PL360 Flux Masterliquid - 32gb Kingston Fury 3600mhz - Asus RTX 2080 Super - AGON 32'' AG323FCXE 165mhz -
    MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics - SSDs M2 2Tb+1Tb XPG

Members who have read this thread: 2