ORBX Global Released [Payware] - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ORBX Global Released [Payware]

Any rough idea on how long it takes to download?
    I see there is a download with dvd delivery option, might be worth it to get a backup copy in case something happens to hard drive or download process.

Amazing new textures !

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Anderson View Post
    I see there is a download with dvd delivery option, might be worth it to get a backup copy in case something happens to hard drive or download process.
    Paul, that's sort of like asking how long it takes to eat dinner. It sort of depends on you - or rather, your internet connection in this case. I've got a decent 60Mb/s cable connection, and I downloaded all 4GB+ in about 20 minutes. Your mileage most certainly will vary.

Originally Posted by Dain Arns

I can finally fly directly east from Billings, Montana and not see a definable border, like I was crossing into someone else's yard.
    It definitely looks like a better defined Landclass product than UTX.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGrunt View Post
    UTX is of course a lot more than just landclass: lot's of vector data, like roads, objects and night lighting. Landclass just gives you texture/autogen placement information.
    If you are going to quote me, use the full sentence.
    Don't cut and paste things to make up something I did not state in an attempt make me sound like I don't know what I was talking about, sport.

I am quite aware of what UTX does, I WAS referring to the landclass portion of it and making a comparison to Orbx upcoming OpenLC addons they have been talking about.
    Got it?

How does global work with megascenery ?

I'm on Comcast and using the Flashget download manager it took me about 2 hours to download. As usual, YMMV.

Took me about 2 hrs to download, with DSL. Installing now...
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-X299 UD4 PRO ATX
    CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i9-10900X Ten-Core 3.7GHz
    MEM: 64GB (8GBx8) DDR4/3000MHz Quad Channel
    GPU: RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6
    HP Reverb G2

It won't work with megascenery... megascenery is textures... global is textures...

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    Well my wife just bought it for me as a early B-Day Pressie. installed and now flying around Cuba and it is just as Cuba should be as I remember. Will have to try out my Canuk Stomping grounds in NWT and Nunavut and US stomping grounds around Green Bay and NE WI and Yupper land. Now as a penalty for getting my pressie early IO the wife a new Kitchen remodeling err.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

It certainly looks very good! Can those of you guys who already bought it post a screenie of your favorite spots? That would be much appreciated!

Sascha

Thanks for the downloading time replies.
    One other question.
    Is it recommended to remove any landclass items (eg. SceneryTech and others)?

One other question.
    Is it recommended to remove any landclass items (eg. SceneryTech and others)?
    For now it is recommended to keep landclass addons as Global doesn't have much coverage right now. I am using UTX.

Well I bought it and so far have downloaded 3 times and upon trying to unzip it get the same message:
    The Compressed(zipped)Folder is invalid or corruped.
    sent and email to the FltSimStore so hope the will straighten it out.:isadizzy:
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Reddog, if you'd like, download WinRAR and use that to unzip it (you don't have to pay anything for it). I've noticed with the really large .zip files, such as from ORBX, the regular windows unzipper won't work for me and it will throw up that same message - where as WinRAR has no troubles, with the exact same .zip file.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Coastie Dolphins/Spartans CG_1976's Avatar
    CFS Alert -- Much much better then default and work with the custom CFS Alert scenery.

AMD FX 8-Core Black 4.2Ghz, 8G Ram 2TB HD, W8.1 pending W10, ATI R5 2G X2 Crossfire
    http://www.canadianarcticfse.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Reddog, if you'd like, download WinRAR and use that to unzip it (you don't have to pay anything for it). I've noticed with the really large .zip files, such as from ORBX, the regular windows unzipper won't work for me and it will throw up that same message - where as WinRAR has no troubles, with the exact same .zip file.
    thank you very much, worked as u said it would
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Can someone show me the KDLH area... inland near the airport and out over the river and harbor areas ? And KGFK the town to the east of the airport and area to the south. Thanks
    Leaving KGFK to the south:

Grand Forks

Duluth :

All sliders at max (no road traffic). Rex weather (the theme i mean). DX10. (i see no problems so far, Roger) Average fps 50/60. Sliders at max not advisable over big cities Like NY, SF, London, Paris, etc. Atleast not with my medium system. ( i7 980x @ 3.33 Ghz, GF GTX480, 12GB ram. W7pro64)

Best thing since FSX sliced bread if you ask me.

cheers,
    jan

Wow...great looking textures. If you have add-on converter x maybe it's converting textures on the fly?
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

A temporary fix for Dx10 is: go to (FSX Directory)/Scenery/Global/scenery/ and rename file 3D_Light_NEW_DDN_1_5.BGL to 3D_Light_NEW_DDN_1_5.BGL.bak
    I post this verbatim from ORBX forums.

After seeing all the screenshots I had to buy

They reccomend a download manager so after some Googling I found a freeware program from Orbit: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best...ager.htm#Orbit
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Charter Member 2015
    Just jumped on the bandwagon and bought this...but it'll be tonight or tomorrow before I get a chance to install it.

In the meantime can anyone who has it installed post some pics from Ireland,please?

I'm using the Irish VFR photo sceneries at present and am curious how Global looks in the region.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Charter Member 2015
    Looks tempting for sure. Are "all" airports (small single runways) more realistic in ORBX and are without the default "40,000" acres around them.

It is a bit expensive - I'm replacing my HDD for a SSD this month so ORBX will have to wait till next month.....

Thanks

David

Same here Pepere....a bit pricy.

I will make the investment, but need to finish the build first.

Also, I still need to catch up with their other products....I'm falling behind!!! Help!!
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

I am curious to see how this works in Asia, could anyone please post some screenshots of favorite long-haul destinations like Bangkok, Bombay, Goa, Singapore or Hong Kong?

Cheers,
    Sascha

Greece now.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Wow...great looking textures. If you have add-on converter x maybe it's converting textures on the fly?
    Not sure what you mean, Roger... ?

I suppose the DX-10 fix is for nightflying only ? I haven't seen any DX-10 anomalies during the day... (haven't done any nightflying yet).

Here are some more screenies :

Paris:

London:

Tokyo Narita:

Italy, Bolzano:

Aspen Pitkin:

San Diego:

Guess this city and you'll aquire the utmost respect from yur fellow simmers ( and from Orbx too i suppose ) :

If u like more to follow.

cheers,
    jan

Members who have read this thread: 0