Visiting the UK for a month!

Thread: Visiting the UK for a month!

Visiting the UK for a month!

I leave New Zealand this coming Saturday, and will be in The UK on Monday. This is my first time overseas, and will be in the UK for a month. I'm invited to my nephew's wedding at Nottinghill, near Hyde Park in London. Then I go on a 8 day bus tour across the UK and Scotland. Hopefully I might be able to go visit Duxford, if time permits. How's the weather over there? just wanted to know. I was looking at photos posted by a member here of the recent Duxford air show and I noticed the grass was browning. Must be that it's been getting hot?
    Mark

Blog Entries
    Yes, it's very hot, but they are forecasting thunder storms from tomorrow onwards (should help clear the air). You really should visit places like York whilst you are here.

Have a good time,
    Ian.

Is the thunderstorm forecast including Monday as well? Might have a look at York if it's on the tour. Thanks Ian!
    Mark

Charter Member 2011
    yea its ment to be raining all of next week, but trying to predict the weather over here is like betting on horses ... sometimes its spot on, others its hopelessly wrong
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

Blog Entries
    Hi,
    Take a look at this, although the accurate forecast is only for the rest of this week, the monthly one may not be very accurate:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

Ian.

If you're going to visit Duxford, allow plenty time: I'm reliably told several days are needed to do it justice. I'd second the BBC for weather forecasts. Enjoy the trip!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

I agree Hairyspin! A colleague gave me a brochure from Duxford to read as he'd been there and after reading it realized that it was packed with so much to see. If I do go there I will try to see as much as time allows. I think it's probably one of the top things I'd like to see.
    And looking at the weather forecasts for the UK I noticed that the days ahead progressively become shorter according to the times given for the sunrise and sunset. The winter weather in NZ is quite mild at the mo and also I'm used to hot summers with shades and a water bottle handy so won't be a problem. Only 2 more days left before I leave!
    Mark

Duxford is indeed worth your while.... as is the RAF Museum in London, and the Shuttleworth Colleciton not too far from Duxford ;-)

I'll be flying into Manchester in 2 days, visiting RAF Cosford on Sunday. We're having 33 C temps here in Holland, could do with a tad less to be honest.
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    ... visiting RAF Cosford on Sunday....
    Don't miss the barnacle-encrusted Do-17 in the polytunnels - the salty smell alone will live in the memory, whewwwww!
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by hairyspin View Post
    Don't miss the barnacle-encrusted Do-17 in the polytunnels - the salty smell alone will live in the memory, whewwwww!
    One of the reasons I'm going, hoping to see it..... :-)
    Umbria, Italy

And of course the main reason to go, it's strawberry season and they have the best in the world.

LOL ! I did notice there's a Food Fair this weekend...... might check in there too.... although I have to take care of my weight, what with all restrictions of modern day airline procedures and limitations !
    Umbria, Italy

Hi all, l'm now in London. Relaxing in my room at the Copthorne Tara Hotel in Kensington as I write. I was in a Boeing 777-300ER on the first leg to Singapore's Changi airport, then the Airbus A380 for the second leg to London Heathrow. Wow, I have now actually sat in these big jumbos and been to these big airports that I've only ever seen in FS or seen pictures of. I flew with Singapore Airlines, and was very well looked after and was impressed with the service. I was in economy class, and leg room was very good. In the B777 I sat in the middle aisle seats, and in the 380 I had a window seat above the right wing! The b777 flew at 36,000ft while the 380 was at 40,000ft.
    To date I've walked around alot down the streets looking around and takibg photos. It looks very multicutural in London, a diverse range of nationalities. Next week I go on a bus tour across the UK to Scotland and down to Wales.
    Mark