Russia Anyone? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russia Anyone?

vonstroheim,

You just won my coveted "Man of the Week" award for posting about the Suprunov Yak-40 being ported to FSX. I became friends via emails and message board postings with Igor, and was crushed to hear the news of his death. So thanks much for posting this here. :salute:

If anyone is interested, I have 13 additional liveries that are not yet in that FSX port package, plus the English co-pilot callout files and three training videos done by Igor. Drop me a PM with any interest.

Regards,
    Trevor

Quote Originally Posted by TDHenderson View Post
    If anyone is interested, I have 13 additional liveries that are not yet in that FSX port package, plus the English co-pilot callout files and three training videos done by Igor.
    Sounds good! Are you sure they are not available elsewhere? I mean the liveries? That would be more convenient... Here some funky liveries included in the package.

The SD Yak-40 at Pecs-Pogany LHPP, a nice freeware airport from Hungary by LH Simulations (lhsimulations.hu).

I was about to create a topic, but this one seems to fit perfectly so I'll resurrect it for a while

Just like Dandog, I'm looking for nice sceneries to enhance the Russian regions. I'm not interested in major airports for liners. What I'm looking for is mainly landclass, which could eventually be used in combination with OrbX Global (in case I buy that someday...) to make Russia look like... Russia (that would be a nice change, compared to how it looks right now in the sim...).
    I have already read the topic, and I know perfectly the FSX Freeware website which lists all of the main sceneries by countries. But this contains mainly airports, not much landclass.
    As far as I understood, there is currently no freeware landclasses for Russia, excepted some very sporadic areas, most of them being next to major cities like Moscow, where I'm unlikely to ever fly.

I was wondering about that payware landclass made by SceneryTech. It covers all of the northern Europe/Russia continent. It looks like what I'm looking for, on paper... but concretely, if it's so wide, then probably it's not that precise or reliable, right ?
    Also, I know OrbX makes some landclass products, to use with their "FTX Global" product. But did they ever release anything for Russia ?

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    Also, I know OrbX makes some landclass products, to use with their "FTX Global" product. But did they ever release anything for Russia ?
    OrbX' OpenLC Europe goes quite some distance into western Russia, but not the complete way to the Ural. In the manual on page 7 you can see the coverage. You can download the manual here: http://fullterrain.com/usermanuals/F...er%20Guide.pdf

The rest of Russia should be covered in "OpenLC Asia Maior" in the distant future - very distant future as Asia, Africa and South America should come before, and they need approx. one year for each.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s