Yak 18T

Thread: Yak 18T

Yak 18T

Simple question, how do you get the landing gear on the Yak 18T to stay up? I tried applying the fix but didn't understand how and don't know if that will fix the landing gear any way.

Have you got the pneumatic system on? Bottom right hand corner of the panel.

Now, if I can just get mine to stop catching fire before I take off - time to re-read the manual I think.

What manual?

Thanks for helping me get the gear up and stay there but I didn't see any manual. Also the pitch and bank is stuck on 122 * of bank and around 12 * pitch even flying level.The knobs move the horizon in the instrument but that all they do.
    How do the Russians fly this thing?

Have a look in the Yak 18T folder within the FS9 aircraft folder; there may be a documentation folder with a number of manuals, although some of it is a little hard to follow. My approach is to just turn on every switch (unless it makes and undesirable noise) - there seems to bee a switch for everything; flight instruments, engine instrument, landing gear indications, stall warning - you name it, there is a switch for it.

It's been a while since I installed it, but I believe the Addpack gave more realistic engine operations - I think this is the root cause of my issues, because although I try and follow the manual and not be too hard on the engine, it is usually belching fire and brimstone before I can even get airborne!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hurricane3 View Post
    Thanks for helping me get the gear up and stay there but I didn't see any manual. Also the pitch and bank is stuck on 122 * of bank and around 12 * pitch even flying level.The knobs move the horizon in the instrument but that all they do.
    How do the Russians fly this thing?
    On many Russian aircraft, the instruments have to be turned on first. At start up, flip all the switches along the bottom of the panels on both sides to "on". Give that a try. I'll try to find my manual and check the proceedure. There are also some updated versions that seem to operate a bit differently. More later.

As Aztec said open documentation folder inside Yak-18T folder and read all the manuals and install addpack because most of systems are working on this bird so you will blow up the tires if you roll to fast, or kill the engine if you do not warm up the engine, or you overheat it, or....
    I just wish that there would be more paints for this bird.

I'll look

I'll look to see if I can find the manual and flip every switch I can find. Thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0