Belgium looks terrible

Thread: Belgium looks terrible

Belgium looks terrible

Does anyone elses Belgium scenery look weird?Mine looks for the most part like it was made by someone on LSD. Trees in mid air runways too,some have the plane sitting in the air.
    When you take off everything looks fine when airborn and a very few look ok ,but for the most part I have trees and houses on the runway and other weird stuff.
    Also about one time in four the sim crashes when loading Belgium scenery. It's only Belgium that looks this way.
    I tried a Belgium scenery package and it would crash the sim every time so I took it out.
    I downloaded an airport and if it doesn't crash it looks great.
    Any ideas about this and is there a way to fix it? I have too many planes and other scenery to do a reinstall.

Some packages don't play well with whatever mesh you have running. The package readme might, or ought, to mention any requirements like that specifying what mesh it was made to work with. The package probably comes with its own airport AFCADS too which dictate heights and so forth and can make weird things happen at those locations. Any addon scenery will take precedence over default. Uninstalling was the right way to go until you can learn a bit more about the package.

As far as AFCADS (af2_xxx, or KORD_ADE9_AF2 for examples) I try to pull them out of any addon scenery package and plop them into addon scenery/scenery, that way a conflict of two for the same airport should be be spotted when asked to overwrite. If you leave them with the package you need to check for duplicates manually. People have their own ways and reasons for where things go but I've found this way to be simple and helpful. There are several tutorials and posts on this topic.
    W10-64 Pro, 3GHz, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 5570

using FS Globle 2005

I'am using FS Globle 2005 and that must be the culpret. The scenery package I was talking about was put in to rectify the Belgium scenery but it just made it crash the sim.I still have FS2005 and it does say on the box it may not be compatable with some scenery.
    Since I don't fly Belgium that much ,I'lll leave it in ,funny thing is I don't think it did this before.