Military Ops - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Military Ops

I was going to say spare no expense since its taxpayer money. Need a nice rec area and a pool.

Looks great and a fun idea. I did something simular in Fs9 at Area 51. I built it up and added other secret landing strips around the area. I then had a place where I could fly my 'black aircraft" in mostly Alphasim cold war era planes.

Michael, that's looking better and better. Maybe one of these days I can borrow some of your people and put some civilian clothing on them for use in some of my sceneries. I could also put some old fashioned OD on them for the 4077th.

RD

Michael, this scenery of yours looks great, so glad you are making it. Mike

Oh, that's looking awesome. Great stuff!

Thanks all, much appreciated

RD with your progress on scenery, you will surpass me in no time!

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    I was going to say spare no expense since its taxpayer money. Need a nice rec area and a pool.
    There's an ocean right in front, LOL. I do have a volleyball setup I can add, but I think I'll use that for the topless beach scenery I have planned, LOL.

Well the financing came thru, the base now has 2 armed UAV drones thanks to the U.S. and France. :salute:
    Best, Michael

Yep a volleyball court would be good, some pogeybait machines, Conexes, and a few Hescoes and you'd be set. I can't wait for this one to post. Great staging area.

Obie

Great stuff MC !!!
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Hey Michael,

that scenery looks extremely good!
    Now we need some naval pirate AI traffic off the coast of Somalia for some interdiction missions!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Charter Member 2015
    Great work, Michael.
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

World Press - Militants, claiming to be aligned with Al Shabaab have taken over the small coastal village of Bereeda, located in the Horn of Africa, Somalia. A U.N. relief worker helping at a local clinic in Bereeda managed to get a short message out to the U.N. headquarters in MOGADISHU before the line went dead.
    After several meetings with world leaders, Secretary-General of the U.N. Ban Ki-moon, gave the go ahead to the U.N./NATO special forces group stationed nearby to assemble a strike force and use any resources necessary to neutralize the threat from Al Shabaab in the area and secure the village and it's inhabitants.

Ay least that is the scenario I had in mind when developing it, LOL.

I give you the tip of the Horn of Africa, Somalia, in 30 m/pixel photoreal with HD localized mesh by Mark.

I wanted to extend the coverage area but due to crappy source data, the large file sizes and just plain common sense I limited it to this area, which works great for heli ops and isn't to bad for fixed wing. The terrain is amazing and Marks mesh really brings out the details. I blended the photoreal nicely around the edges so it isn't to bad of a transition to default depending on what textures/landclass you are using. I could have recolored the photoreal to match better, but that would have ruined it and with FTXG released I have no idea what default textures or landclass people are using (mine are default/default). Plus Marks mesh extends a ways past the photoreal adding more to a better transition. Logistically, this ties in well with the island, but due to the file sizes will probably make two packages. I would kill to have all of Africa in this detail, it would be a blast to explore.

in the heli image, you can barely see a staging area along the beach to the left with a custom, old runway and scenery. I got the F-35 in there as well as a C-130 with no issues and the view is amazing from the ground and water (Deltasims Arleigh Burke destroyer) also.

Anyhoo, just keeping you guys in the loop, it's coming along nicely, should have it done sooner than later. I was testing it in the Apache and lost track of time flying nap of the earth thru those small valleys, LOL. Makes me wish for weapons as I wanted to add a few old trucks with terrorists in them along the valleys and have some target prectice.

Best, Michael

Blog Entries
    Looks AWESOME Michael

Quote Originally Posted by trucker17 View Post
    Looks AWESOME Michael
    Thanks! One last one to show the staging area

Best, Michael

That looks impressive Michael. I wonder if Tacpac would identify the static objects as targets. It would not harm to have a few bad guys to shoot at with a fully armed Superbug.

Is this Freeware/Payware? Is it just personal scenery....will it be available? (Please say Yes... )
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Great stuff, Michael. I love that look of the cracked tarmac on the runway above. Great work!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Thanks guys, especially you Mark, your mesh is outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    Is this Freeware/Payware? Is it just personal scenery....will it be available? (Please say Yes... )
    Freeware and it will be available. I just want to make sure I have included everything I want in it.
    Best, Michael

Hey Michael,

Any news about this project? Downloaded and installed your Acton scenery, and must say awesome work mate !

Cheers,
    Hank

Thanks Hank, appreciate it. Yep, still going. Acton was a distraction so I didn't get tunnel vision, LOL. It also opened my eyes on distribution issues since I love photoscenery and this tends to be a file size issue. I may have to have separate sceneries/d/ls on this one.

My problem is I start a flight to check things and then other options opened up. In keeping with the theme, I thought about an airfield leased from the Saudis and found a cool spot North of the Yemen border. One thing lead to another and the next thing you know the photoscenery is down and.............:isadizzy:

Will post some new images once I get further along.
    Best, Michael

LOL........ a phenomenon aka Project Crawl.........
    François A. 'Navman' Dumas
    Retired - FSAddon Publishing
    Umbria, Italy

https://fssupport.com/fsblog/

Lovely!!?

425th Alouette MAS and VMA214 MAV VA Squadron
    Michael did i miss the release of this scenery or its not finish?

Thanks

I am wondering if this great looking scenery has progressed any further?

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Yes, Indeed, curious minds want to know!

Nice job!!!!!! Looks a lot like Oman.
    ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK1 LGA 1150 Intel Z97
    Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Quad-Core 4.0GHz
    Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced - High Air Flow Full
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN X
    DirectCU II R9280-DC2T-3GD5 Radeon R9 280 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready
    EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified 1000W

Wow, had forgot about this thread, thanks for bringing it back up. two things have kept me from finishing this to date, one was I got a freelance job at a games studio that took me away from FS for awhile and two was a HD crash (i of 3). I had files backed up, but not current, so there was/is quite a bit more I have to redo.
    Good news is that I have been making good progress and thanks to some new techniques and a few apps I got while working at the game studio, I feel better about the quality and the performance of the new models.

My goal was always to have my island with the military base on it and a few other areas around the world with bases or FOBs that used the same scenario and the same library and try and keep to reality as much as possible. In testing the new objects I started using a small military airfield in Saudi Arabia, Ras Al Mishab. I picked it for 3 reasons, one was that in reality the U.S. and allies used it for awhile during the 1990 Gulf War, so not to far fetched. Second was that the photoreal part looked pretty decent so I did a big chunk of it and third was location in terms of conflicts around the world that might invlove NATO or special forces (been doing sorties into Iraq when not testing, LOL). While the main purpose is for testing objects, I figured I would release it as a scenery also.
    Here are a couple of teasers.

I am very close to switching to P3D, but will finish this before even though Mark says I shouldn't have any problems with transitioning to designing between the two

I have some vacation coming up in a couple of weeks so hopefully can get quite a bit done then. Rest assured I am working on it and appreciate the interest

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6FstPF.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	10886 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LrDwGg.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	10887
    Best, Michael