A Poll, FSX Freeware Aircraft Wish List
Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: A Poll, FSX Freeware Aircraft Wish List

A Poll, FSX Freeware Aircraft Wish List

I am working on several aircraft models and some are primarily for the purpose of learning spline modeling techniques. I have not been able to get enthusiastic about any of them. I thought that I would ask the SOH community what aircraft they would like to see go into development for FSX as freeware. Maybe this would stimulate my modeling appetite. I would very much like to hear from all of you on this subject but with the caveat that it must be military or used in some capacity by the military and is no longer in service.

Let the poll begin,

Paul

As one of my favorite aircraft, I would like to see a Boulton-Paul Defiant for FSX. Nobody has made one as of now.

Cheers!

- Walter

X-32

No Payware will touch this, as it's not going to be a huge seller, but I've been wishing for one for ages! It's got some great shapes to get right, which would give LOTS of practice! I wouldn't even care if it were not mated with a VC, I could solve that easy enough. as well as the FDE...In fact a friend of mine would love the chance as modeling the FDE.

MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

I'd love to see an FsX Chipmunk
    SYSTEM :
    DX version Dx10 with Steve's Fixer.
    Processor:I5 4670k overclocked to 4.4 gHz with Corsair CW-9060008-WW hydro cooler
    Motherboard:Z87
    RAM:16 gig 1866 gigaHz Corsair ram
    Video Card:MSI 1070 8 gig ram
    HD:2Tb Samsung 850 evo SSD

To err is human; to forgive is divine

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    +1

As much as I love Rick Piper's fs2004 offering, a native model would be icing on the cake
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Either an fsx native c207, or more importantly... a decent C119...

Put me down for a Cessna T-37 "Tweety Bird."

RD

Ryan FR Fireball would be nice, but don't know if SDK supports two different type of engines on the same plane. If it does, Fireball would probably be a fun and interesting project. Fireball is IMO very underrated and forgotten aircraft. It was nonethless USN's first jet engined aircraft, even though its operational history was short

Banned
    Blog Entries

Douglas R5D

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Noorduyn Norseman
    Seconded!
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Or a Canuck - there was a great one years ago (FS2000?) but its way past its sell by date now. ???
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

A nicely done & accurate native Hawker Hurricane IIa, b, & c, (or all marks!) is what I'd like for FSX.

And like Roger, a native Chipmunk wouldn't go amiss either, nor would a BP Defiant (good choice Walter).

Cheers

Paul

All the above would be nice. But we need some Japanese a/c like the A6M Zero (there is a payware version), Ki 43, Ki 61. Or an F4u1 Birdcage Corsair. Heck it don't have to be a player flyable version.
    I'll take some low poly AI versions to populate the Solomon43 scenery. Would be nice to be out on
    patrol over the slot and tangle with a couple zero's then to meet up with a Cessna or Mooney.
    That's my wish/dream.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Paul, I find the best Fs aircraft out there (Free and payware) are usually a labor of love, and without that it is very hard to spend a lot of time on a model. Now I can make a thousand suggestions but since you will have to do all of the work only you can pick that one special aircraft that you really want to do. And whatever you decide, I'm sure we'll be happy with it.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Actually... a defiant would be good.

And no, fsx can't support two different engine types.

...I'm not fussy..!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    I am working on several aircraft models and some are primarily for the purpose of learning spline modeling techniques. I have not been able to get enthusiastic about any of them. I thought that I would ask the SOH community what aircraft they would like to see go into development for FSX as freeware. Maybe this would stimulate my modeling appetite. I would very much like to hear from all of you on this subject but with the caveat that it must be military or used in some capacity by the military and is no longer in service.

Let the poll begin,

Paul
    .................................................. .................................................
    Hey Paul.!....I'm really not all that fussy..so whatever you decide to make will be just grand....... providing of course it comes out looking like a "YAK-28 BREWER"..! Ha !

Let the poll begin,

Paul
    Paul, for me, a C-119 or C-46 would be very welcome. However, surely you need to think about which aircraft you yourself are interested in, before considering other people's wishes, don't you ? You would need that motivation to keep going through the long process of producing a model.

And I just know you are hugely interested in ... the C-119 and the C-46 !

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    If it includes the Canadian bubble canopy version, then +5 to this request!
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    As one of my favorite aircraft, I would like to see a Boulton-Paul Defiant for FSX. Nobody has made one as of now.

Cheers!

- Walter

That would be a +2 (Walter, Firekitten, myself) on the B-P Defiant - a very interesting aircraft indeed!!

Craig.
    Craig Tatley
    No DC-3 without the DC-2

http://www.dc2-fs.com/

Blog Entries

Let the poll begin,

Paul

Every aircraft is a labor of love to the person who is working on it.......
    Yes their are many out here for us to use, and many, many more that have not or never made.....
    Find an aircraft that is important to you, or has special meaning to you.....even if it is one that is available now. We are always looking for more and better aircraft to fly.....
    My Vote would be for a better version of one of these 2 aircraft......
    The Brewster Buffalo, or even the Australian Boomerang.....
    Or even a real nice version of the SPAD XII.....

Quote Originally Posted by SADT View Post
    That would be a +2 (Walter, Firekitten, myself) on the B-P Defiant - a very interesting aircraft indeed!!

Craig.
    make that +3 ...

love the Defiant, nice lines, plus a turret for self defence...

Members who have read this thread: 8