A Poll, FSX Freeware Aircraft Wish List - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: A Poll, FSX Freeware Aircraft Wish List

I'll second the Grumman Cougar.

Wouldn't mind a Sea Harrier FA.2. Ron (Razbam) made some noise a while ago about small wing Harriers and had previews of an early stage GR.1/AV-8A so fingers crossed.

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Beechcraft T-34B

This one needs some attention.

Quote Originally Posted by TeaSea View Post
    Okay....since C-119 ain't going nowhere I second the Brewster nomination....:salute:
    Actually the C-119 is in the top three.

B-26 Marauder! I know its a long shot!!!

Attachment 90080

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Aero 45 / 145

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Domingue View Post
    I am working on several aircraft models and some are primarily for the purpose of learning spline modeling techniques. I have not been able to get enthusiastic about any of them. I thought that I would ask the SOH community what aircraft they would like to see go into development for FSX as freeware. Maybe this would stimulate my modeling appetite. I would very much like to hear from all of you on this subject but with the caveat that it must be military or used in some capacity by the military and is no longer in service.

Let the poll begin,

Paul

Aero 45 was developed and produced for the Czechoslovak Army as a courier plane. I would be very happy if it was made ​​in FSX.
    Thanks.

Jozef Košík

Actually the C-119 is in the top three.
    If you went with a boxcar Paul, I'd stand up and offer to help with the textures! (And offer you my first born child)

Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post

Attachment 90080
    There is a native fsx B-26 in the library here. (freeware)

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Grumman F3F-2 would be an excellent choice, both for modeling and as an addition to the FSX hangar. I also wish people would stop judging the Defiant through post-war lenses: the thing was built to knock down bombers and was sent up against fighters because we needed all the guns in the air that could be found. It is reckoned the Defiant destroyed more enemy aircraft than any other British type in the winter of 40/41, but you don't read that in the Daily Mail etc.
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Charter Member 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    (And offer you my first born child)
    No fair...he can take both of mine......please

I jest,of course!
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Chipmunk! Chipmunk! Chipmunk!

It is a true shame we don't have a great DHC-1 in FSX; but, of course, anything is very welcome.
    --Brian

Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid.

What I would love to see is an early B-52, anything from the XB and YB-52 to the B-52 F. There's a surprising lack of the early ones out there...

Failing that, either an F-86D or an F-89 would be great!

Cheers,
    Sylvan
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is a war room!"

Intel i5-3230M @3.10 GHz, 8GB DDR3 RAM @1600 MHz, AMD Radeon HD 7670M Graphics 2GB DDR3, 640 GB HDD @5400 RPM, Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit, FSX+Acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Košík View Post
    Aero 45 was developed and produced for the Czechoslovak Army as a courier plane. I would be very happy if it was made ​​in FSX.
    Thanks.

Jozef Košík
    i'm sure i've seen one of them hanging in an airport terminal somewhere on my travels.... *scratches head*

...Edit, thinking about it it could have been Prague...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    i'm sure i've seen one of them hanging in an airport terminal somewhere on my travels.... *scratches head*

...Edit, thinking about it it could have been Prague...
    I remember seeing one of these Aero 45's painted up as an ersatz He-111 in FlyPast magazine years ago. It haunted the British air show circuit for several years; don't know if it's still active or still wearing a pseudo-Luftwaffe scheme...

N.

it was Prague!.... i had a feeling it would be, one of my favourite cities to visit!

Quote Originally Posted by Butcherbird17 View Post
    There is a native fsx B-26 in the library here. (freeware)

Joe
    Ops... forgot to mention short version with big spinners, candy cane tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozef Košík View Post
    Thanks.

Jozef Košík
    Pay attention everybody. This is the way to request a model and influence the judge (me). All the reference needed for a model, photos, instrument panel and 3-view plans.
    Well done Jozef!

Quote Originally Posted by Firekitten View Post
    If you went with a boxcar Paul, I'd stand up and offer to help with the textures! (And offer you my first born child)
    I might consider it if you marry royalty!

No no TuFun, you already voted for the "Barrel". :salute:

Quote Originally Posted by kilo delta View Post
    No fair...he can take both of mine......please
    I jest,of course!
    Oh well, you can keep your snotty nosed brats and I'll consider this a vote for the C-119.

No no TuFun, you already voted for the "Barrel". :salute:

LOL!!! I was being greedy, but hey anything you decide will be great!

Fun thread, regardless of whether you build anything or not!
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

Quote Originally Posted by TeaSea View Post
    Fun thread, regardless of whether you build anything or not!
    I agree... even just looking what everyone aircraft interests are!

LOL!!! I was being greedy, but hey anything you decide will be great!
    Me too (being greed that is). I just hope someday to see a FSX native "Tweety Bird."

RD

I'll go for the Chipmonk too !

We already have a Mr. Stolle air file for it .

Paul , since you say you are learning some techniques , well, the Chipmonk was/is a great trainer . aerobatic too .

Its a lovely flyer and the FS9 version, whilst good, badly needs a renovation.

Paul, thank you for this generous offer. Although I certainly have my personal prefeences, I decided to be happy with anything you make.

Asking for something would feel me obliged to fly it. As I ave already too many virtual aircraft just dusting away in my virtual hanger, reality tells me I don't have the time to fly it and even when I would, it would cause me to neglect other great model with a solid grey layer of dust on them.

As said a great offer, but I decided to show my less greedy side

Cheers,
    Huub

Piper Aztec and Navajo!!!!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don

Quote Originally Posted by huub vink View Post
    Paul, thank you for this generous offer. Although I certainly have my personal prefeences, I decided to be happy with anything you make.

Asking for something would feel me obliged to fly it. As I ave already too many virtual aircraft just dusting away in my virtual hanger, reality tells me I don't have the time to fly it and even when I would, it would cause me to neglect other great model with a solid grey layer of dust on them.

As said a great offer, but I decided to show my less greedy side

Cheers,
    Huub
    Your not going to get out of it that easy Huub! I'm going to let the vote count run through the weekend and then post the results. There are 5 aircraft tied for first place and a vote from you could break that tie. I'm depending on you to at least vote.
    If not we are all going to make ugly faces at you.

Paul,
    How about the Mitsubishi Ki-67 codenamed "Peggy"?A beautiful Japanese bomber.Attachment 90198
    unclegreg

Members who have read this thread: 8