A Poll, FSX Freeware Aircraft Wish List - Page 3
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: A Poll, FSX Freeware Aircraft Wish List

If you've got no better ideas, I suggest a Mixmaster/Jetmaster.

Otherwise I'd do one someday.

F-82 Twin Mustang

We're awash with P-51 Mustangs in FS....but the Twin variant seems to get no love!
    -Mark

Blog Entries
    My military bucket list ...

• Transport: Lockheed Lockheed Jetstar. I consider it truly a sad waste the FSD model never got released. Yes, used by the NASA and USAF ...

• UK Military: Seafire FR.47

• US Military: North American FJ Fury. -2/-3/-4 - wouldn't matter which. Douglas D5D Skylancer.

• USSR: Yake-28R Brewer

• Other: Northrop M2F3 Lifting body

Even if only exterior models were available, and one needed to bolt on another native VC from a similar model - I'd be happy. For example, owners of the Milviz Sabre VC could employ it for the Fury - not perfect, but better than nothing ... No breach of IP, just a few tweaks to a few cfgs ....

DL

I like DL's mention of the M2-F3, so I'll mention my personal preference, the M2-F3's Northrop stablemate, the HL-10...

Attachment 90007

N.

A Fairey Battle would be nice, but so would a Miles Magister, an SV-4 Bis and above all, a Spitfire Mk.16!

A Boeing X-32, a F-101 Voodoo or a F/A-18G Growler is something I would like to see:salute:

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    Something to go along with your Duck! "Grumman F3F-2 Barrel" or a Curtiss P-6E Hawk!

Attachment 89958 Attachment 89974

I'll second the Curtiss P-6E Hawk......
    The one available now is nice but it does not do it justice.....

I have been monitoring the thread and reading every post. I am compiling everything in a spreadsheet with vote counts. So far some of the aircraft with multiple votes are some I have been considering and this is stimulating my appetite. There have been some suggestions that I had not thought about and find quite intriguing.

To those whom have suggested them, I need to add fixed wing only. That is because I can't fly a helo to save my life.

No X planes please. The aircraft must have served in a military capacity and is no longer in service by the military. My reasoning behind this is that it is probably easier to find reference material on obsolete aircraft. Any nationality is OK and any era aircraft.

I have considered a few of the hybrid jet/prop combos but it would be to difficult to do this in FSX without external programming.

It has been mentioned that I would need to have a particular fondness for the aircraft and anything I make would be welcome. To that I say that I have a fondness for all aircraft and I would like to make something that my SOH brothers and sisters would like to have in their hanger as well as myself.

I'm going to wait until the thread wears out then I will post the results. Please keep up the suggestions and votes for those that have been suggested.

To simplify things I have only taken the first suggestion from posts with multiple suggestions as I think the first one is the posters true desire, so please suggest one aircraft or vote for one already suggested.

This is turning out very nice indeed.

Paul

Paul - I really appreciate you taking the time and care to consider making a fan favorite aircraft for the SOH natives - much appreciated

As much as I would like to see the Norseman in FSX and done to your well qualified standards..TuFun reminds me of the F3F-2 (or any) Grumman Flying Barrel
    probably the most important Grumman aircraft or any aircraft in US history for that matter, having been the predecessor to the Wildcat, Hellcat and every other 'cat ever since....

Someone needs to build that tribute to Roy for FSX someday -
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

A Grumman F3F-2 would be nice

voyager

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    Paul - I really appreciate you taking the time and care to consider making a fan favorite aircraft for the SOH natives - much appreciated

As much as I would like to see the Norseman in FSX and done to your well qualified standards..TuFun reminds me of the F3F-2 (or any) Grumman Flying Barrel
    probably the most important Grumman aircraft or any aircraft in US history for that matter, having been the predecessor to the Wildcat, Hellcat and every other 'cat ever since....

Someone needs to build that tribute to Roy for FSX someday -
    I posed this to Paul's when he was doing the Duck and mentioned the F3F-2 had a lot of similarities and would be nice project to do. F3F-2 is my favorite due to the colors of the period and also the Gulf version.

I remember Aeroplane Heaven was going to do an FSX version, and checked many a times, but never materialized.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

I see lots I agree with...

...on the wish-lists in this thread....to wit:

- T-37B (would look gorgeous in mid-60's bare metal ATC UPT scheme)
    - F-82E and F-82G
    - Lockheed Jetstar

Here are a few others:

- Fokker F-27 to include Maritime Enforcer variant
    - Lockheed U-2C
    - Boeing B-50D

Just my .02 cents...

Kent

Raptor Said NANCHANG.... I think we need to respect that CJ-6

Attachment 90037

1. Grumman F9F-8 Cougar. I would also like the F9F-8T, because the two seat version is one of the nicest looking subsonic fighter trainer designs ever built IMHO. The Twosader comes close, though.
    2. Yak-11, including the modified air racing variant with the P&W Engine.
    3. Grumman F3F-2 Barrel
    4. Grumman F11F-1 Tiger
    5. F-82
    6. B-17D
    7. And, because I've always liked it, a Bernelli CBY-3.

Another vote here for the Chipmunk and Yak 3. Failing that the Nanchang would also get my vote.

Howz about a HP Halifax? a seriously overlooked a/c in FSX.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Go for the F3F-2and /or a F-82.

Best, Paul

Well, I'm glad to see at least one other person would like to see a Cessna T-37. My passion for military aircraft runs toward the trainers. We have a T-6, T-34, and with Ant's latest release, a T-28. Someone is working on a T-33; therefore, a T-37 just should have a lot of appeal.

RD

Everything is welcome but Brewster F2A-1 Buffalo is first on the list. It wasn't of great importance for the USA in the II World War but the more for our nation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brewster_F2A_Buffalo).

There are a couple ones made for FS2004 but none for the FSX. To my knowledge there isn't any whole one Brewster in any air museum except the wrecked BW-372 which was found in a russian lake in 1990's.

Pekka

What about an Argosy, or Belfast?

Dave

Lockheed XF-90 "Black Hawk's Fighter

The Lockheed XF-90 was never put into production it was tested by Test Pilot
    Tony Levier in the 1950's but failed to get a contract with the USAF.

Cheers

Casey

F9F-8/8P/8T Cougar. The 8T (TF-9J) version served well into the 1970's.

For me, the top of my wish list will be the Pilatus P-3 Swiss Air Force trainer, have logged many hours in the real thing. Mike :salute:

To throw in some favourites:

• Fokker DVII
    • Ju-52 (Reminds me to port that pretty good FS9 one for a test, ah, and Aerosoft started work on a payware one too, so that will be covered enought, I guess)
    • Early Bf-109
    • Fairchild C-119
    • I read Yak-3, sounds pretty good, too!
    • Boeing 314 Clipper
    i5 13600k, RTX2080 Super, 32 GB Ram, 2x1 TB M.2 SSDs, CRG9 49" Ultrawide screen

Okay....since C-119 ain't going nowhere I second the Brewster nomination....:salute:
    Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."