FSX MDL Viewer

Thread: FSX MDL Viewer

FSX MDL Viewer

FSX MDL File Viewer

Version 1.0.2 - September 2010 by Paul Gausden (aka Decapod)

recently I've been trying new effects for textures, the mdl viewer does not want to work with my ancient Vista ...

whenever open FSX, load the template ... close fsx, correct texture ... fsx ... reopen ... madness ...

you have a solution or suggestion?

thank you very much in advance

change your global texture settings from high to low to high again and it will update the textures. I do this when doing repaints.

I think he's more interested in a viewer instead of loading the model in FSX every time.

Try this. It works great. http://www.scenerydesign.org/old-rel...9_01-01-04.zip

Don is right use ModelConverterX

http://www.scenerydesign.org/modelconverterx/

The developer release has the most recent tools, its updated often and for as long as I have used it pretty stable.

The stable version probably would fit your needs as well.
    ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

The viewer he mentions by Paul Gausden is a fantastic viewer. Specifically (If I recall right) for viewing paint schemes, and was the best IMO there was at the time. Paul was updating it by requests here made by SOH members. Then, Mr. Gausden fell off the radar. If I remember correctly (again) he made the model viewer himself from free code and shared/converted it for us flight simmers.

Since then ModelConverterX has been updated dramatically and is loaded with other features. Arno's done (and continues) doing some great programming for our benefit. MCX is updated like twice a week it seems. Arno's a busy individual.

Quote Originally Posted by OleBoy View Post
    The viewer he mentions by Paul Gausden is a fantastic viewer. Specifically (If I recall right) for viewing paint schemes, and was the best IMO there was at the time. Paul was updating it by requests here made by SOH members. Then, Mr. Gausden fell off the radar. If I remember correctly (again) he made the model viewer himself from free code and shared/converted it for us flight simmers.

Since then ModelConverterX has been updated dramatically and is loaded with other features. Arno's done (and continues) doing some great programming for our benefit. MCX is updated like twice a week it seems. Arno's a busy individual.
    Agreed, MCX is a great tool with lots of uses and features. I especially like the ground poly wizard, here is an example from a scenery I am working on

Best, Michael

Hello to all

thank you very much for your answers and suggestions.

When working MDLV was fantastic, fast ... comfortable ...
    MCX a little 'less ...