My NEW hometown fireworks display

Thread: My NEW hometown fireworks display

My NEW hometown fireworks display

Greetings from OBIOland...aka...Shelby, Ohio. Loving life in this little town of around 10,000 souls. Tonight, the town had it's 4th of July fireworks display...though it is also linked to the annual Shelby Bicycle Festival....Shelby Bicycles being and actual bike manufacturing company here in town many many years ago. Anyhow....went to the fireworks with my friend Ashley, her two-year old daughter, Elaine, her step-brother, Jon, and two of her younger cousins, Sara and Justin. Once we got to the high school football field, we joined up with some more of Ashley's family.....her mom and step-dad, 3 of her aunts, a couple of her older cousins....I was welcomed into the fold like I had been a member of the family for years...they have heard quite a bit about me over the last 14 months or so....Ashley and I met at work and became good friends....even though there is a 22 and a half year difference in our ages (me being 44 and her going to be 22 in September).....we get along so freaking well....so much alike, so much in common.....AND NO...we are not dating.....that would be really ODD to say the least.

Anyhow....I recorded the fireworks on my Samsung Galaxy 2S smart phone...the video came out pretty darn good. If it had not been for the threat of rain (rained on and off all day....with rain and thunderstorms in the forecast up through Wednesday afternoon) I would have taken the digital camera and recorded the display in high def...but did not want to risk the camera getting damaged or ruined.

Here's a link to the video.....uploaded to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2PCbpHRtww

Tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

Nice little video.

Here in Maine fireworks have been legal for 18 or so months, and one of the results is that as we were sweltering in the living room, there was suddenly a fireworks display which lasted a good ten minutes and was only about 700 to a thousand yards away.

Someone put up quite a few coins for this little display, I suspect, and it was a nice display.

So far, I haven't heard of any untoward events in the state as a result of legal fireworks, so maybe our "private" display will be on again next 4th.

Nice show, Tim. I live up here in Anchorage and on 04 JUL it never really gets dark. As a result the local fireworks are, to say the least, somewhat of a disappointment.

Unauthorized fireworks are (finally) illegal here but that doesn't seem to stop the local yokels from disrupting the lives of law abiding citizens.

Anyway, hanks again for the show.

LA
    ...things will go as they will; and there's no use hurrying to meet them.

Very nice! It's all about timing of course, but there did seem to be a rather too long delay between the first starburst shell and the second...

...hence my smile at the comment "Wake me up when the next one goes off..."
    Bill Leaming
    3d Modeler Max/GMax
    C & XML Gauge Programmer

Military Visualizations
    http://milviz.com

Intel® Core™ i7-3770k 4.2GHz - Crucial 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD770 1GB DDR5 (Crossfire) - Eco II Watercooling - Win7 64bit
    Intel® Core™ i7-2600k 3.4GHz - Crucial 8GB DDR3 - NVIDIA EVGA GTX-770 SC 4GB - Win7 64bit

Good to see you're out and about Obio! Great show and I hope that it is something of a corollary to your new horizons.
    Keep your airspeed up,

Jagdflieger

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...me=Jagdflieger

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty
    to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
    deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin