SibWings AN2 Updater

Thread: SibWings AN2 Updater

Banned
    Blog Entries

SibWings AN2 Updater

I have been experiencing issues with the Auto updater and have went to their forum seeking advice on how to stop the updater from constantly popping up wanting to update my new
    files with older ones: here is transcript of my text on their forum, the response is confusing to me as I don't know what is meant by make a 0 file:
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Malfunctioning Updater I have installed ver 2.3 to the AN2 and as of late, when I fly FSX the updater keeps wanting to update the version of the AN2, I went for it once and all it did was download the Ver 2.1 air file. It
    didn't change my v2.3 aircraft.cfg file. I deleted the version 2.1 air file and again, when I restarted FSX and starting flying the AN2 that Updater pops up with a (1) now or (2) later. If I let it update,
    it will ALWAYS download that v2.1 air file. I may just delete the update and come here and see if there is/are bonifide updates.

Re: Malfunctioning Updater

by Alex » 02 Jul 2013, 22:46
    Hello!

Updater check all files what included in pack and check that it's exist or was outdated.
    In this way we protect our users from accidental deletion of files and trying to keep up to date all An-2 files.
    Just leave this file on disk, or create it with 0 size <<<<<< HUH?

Alex Petrochenko

I was getting this window aswell, but I rid of it by just leaving the 2.1 air file in the folder, yet my aircraft.cfg shows I am using the newer 2.3 air file.

Bonjour Alex,

I had the same problem and solved it this way...

Go to the "Sibwings" / "AN2" folder and create a new sub-folder that you may call "UPDATER". Then place the "Updates" file that is already there Inside the "UPDATER" sub-folder, making it a sub-folder of the "updater" folder.
    Go start FSX and the request to update now or later should be gone.
    Should you want to update again, all you need do is move the "updates" folder to the AN2 folder, which should restore the update function.

Good luck,

Fleurdelys

So that's what has been giving a load of trouble of late!

Thanks for the workround:salute::salute::salute:

[QUOTE=Bruce Thompson;817410]So that's what has been giving a load of trouble of late!

Thanks for the workround:salute::salute::salute:[/QUOTE

Hopefully SIBWINGS is monitoring this thread and is able to fix it !!

Members who have read this thread: 0