Cessna CT206H Released / Carenado
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cessna CT206H Released / Carenado

Cessna CT206H Released / Carenado

Again Cessna but with nice option of 3D modeling, FM, systems and new graphical effect. Just short test.

More at Carenado's website: http://www.carenado.com/CarSite/Portal/index.php
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Charter Member 2012
    Thanks for the HU

She is simply beautiful. About 2 weeks ago, I took a flight in a Cessna 206 several times and loved it. One of the times was in the right seat. We had to use the smaller plane because our group was to large to all ride in the Cessna Grand Caravan. Here are two pictures of the Caravan flying by us on the way to our destination. That destination was a bush runway in Botswana.

Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I will pick this up when i get back into flight simming, haven't fired it up in about a month now, just lost the urge.
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

i will get this soon aswell
    Thursday, November 27 2014 I Lost My Best Friend My Uncle! He Was Amazing person He was a volunteer For Las Vegas metro Police he will be missed, I Volunteer with him Many Times With LVMPD And USFS

THOMAS CURTIS
    Thursday Nov 27th 2014

==Punisher of Arizona == Thin Blue Line

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    She is simply beautiful. About 2 weeks ago, I took a flight in a Cessna 206 several times and loved it. One of the times was in the right seat. We had to use the smaller plane because our group was to large to all ride in the Cessna Grand Caravan. Here are two pictures of the Caravan flying by us on the way to our destination. That destination was a bush runway in Botswana.
    Where did you go in Botswana? I have been working on a photoreal moremi reserve and Khwai river lodge scenery in northern Botswana
    Best, Michael

Michael, we flew from Kasane down to Chitabe Lediba. Our camp was in the southern part of the Moremi Wildlife Preserve. I spent 3 days at this camp. Before that we were in the Chobe National Park of 3 days. Before the 17 days trip was over I was at two other safari lodges, one in Zambi and the other in Zimbabwae. Really great country and wonderful people. This was my second and probably last trip to Africa. The first trip was 19 days in Kenya and Tanzania. We were right in the middle of the great migration.

Some scenery of the Botswana area would be greatly appreciated. I need to fly my new Carenado Cessna CT206H to and from Kasane and Livingston airfields.

Just one thing, on FB I saw picture with G1000. In addon saw only analog gauges. Did You notice too? It will be expansion or its a unrealized project?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Charter Member 2014 Thunderbolt's Avatar
    well done.

GREETINGS TORSTEN " THUNDERBOLT "

Well it looks great... How does it fly? Anyone have 206 time?
    FAA ZMP
    PPL ASEL

| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | EVGA GTX1080 Ti | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X |

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbatc View Post
    Well it looks great... How does it fly? Anyone have 206 time?
    I don't have any 206 time but the flight model feels somewhat believable. It feels like it is heavier than a 172 or 182. I couldn't quite match the advertised climb rate (about 100-200 fpm off), but cruise was right there. Didn't have a chance to test stall speeds and other abnormal flight characteristics. I am away from home until Tuesday so I can't fly it again for a while. :\

There are a few negatives. As usual with Carenado, there are some obvious issues that beta testing should have picked up. The RXP GNS530 click spots (knobs especially) don't quite line up properly. The GMA340 is not clickable when RXP gauges are selected. The Cowl Flaps lever jumps like crazy with the mouse wheel or clicking and dragging. The nav lights aren't noticeable during the day. The strobes look silly during the day (white blinking dots). Overall the spec maps are (quite) overdone. The plane looks like it is coated in some weird fluorescent paint, instead of looking like a polished painted metal surface. In my opinion the external soundset is a disappointment. 3D soundcones are barely implemented. There is a rough sound transition from rear to front when panning outside.

On the positive, these issues are easy to fix. I am sure someone will release a third party soundset that is far superior to what Carenado made. I like that you can change the aircraft to cold and dark with a popup. There's options to hide VC reflections, wheel fairings, and the other usual animations. The flight model at least feels like it is in the ballpark. The selection of paints is nice, and the subject material is wonderful. Oh, and it has steam gauges! :mixedsmi:

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    Oh, and it has steam gauges! :mixedsmi:
    and that is so good to see :salute:
    You take it easy.. and have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Just one thing, on FB I saw picture with G1000. In addon saw only analog gauges. Did You notice too? It will be expansion or its a unrealized project?

Yes there will be a payware expansion pack soon.

dx

I found a sound patch in the updates for the C206 FSX. Checking it out now. Not sure this is even for the Cessna CT206H. I couldn't find any other C206 FSX aircraft unless it is an older model. Probably for an older model no longer for sale. Most of the sound files have the date 2009 so these are definitely for an older version.

That's for their CU206G, Tom, which they do still offer.
    It's a few years old, and about 3 pages into just the FSX products.
    It is native, but really was almost a portover since it used all of the lower resolution FS9 textures basically.
    They released it shortly after FSX was released, if I remember right.

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwikat View Post
    The nav lights aren't noticeable during the day.
    Well, finally someone who does realistic nav lights IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    That's for their CU206G, Tom, which they do still offer.
    It's a few years old, and about 3 pages into just the FSX products.
    It is native, but really was almost a portover since it used all of the lower resolution FS9 textures basically.
    They released it shortly after FSX was released, if I remember right.
    Thanks, that makes sense with the date on the files. Guess I got anxious with the review of the sound files. Thought they put out an update. This is still a very good rendition of the C206. No doubt the producers will hear about the needed improvements and respond. Appreciate the help.

Hi,
    Over on the AVSIM forum there was a request for a G registration 206 so after a couple of hours I have come up with this. Now I noticed on the real aircraft there was a Cessna logo on the tail, so here is an update of mine with the logo added on as well.
    If anyone knows what the font is and if available somewhere let me know and I will have ago at changing to match.

Real Mine

Attachment 89650 Attachment 89651

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Thanks, that makes sense with the date on the files. Guess I got anxious with the review of the sound files. Thought they put out an update. This is still a very good rendition of the C206. No doubt the producers will hear about the needed improvements and respond. Appreciate the help.
    I like it. I don't consider any of the reported "issues" to be problems at all.
    It's a definite upgrade from the previous version of the 206 they offered, which I have now officially retired out of my hangar.
    I can click off the fairings and use it for Bush work, ala "Flying Wild Alaska" (Yes I know, they used 207's for those that must nitpick)...

Hoping they did like last time and offer a reasonably priced expansion with amphibious floats and a cargo pod.
    Only thing I'll miss for the time being are the repaints, like the MAF, ERA, and Hageland ones.
    Wish I had the time to rectify that, but I just can't get any repaints done anymore.
    Too many other things to do in life.

Alpha Two Zero;

Your repaint looks great, waiting for it to be uploaded.
    I would like a copy of your repaint when available, I can't do repaints very well without a decent paint kit (the blank textures from Carenado are a start, but not psd's).

Thanks in advance;
    Dave aka Mt_Flyer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dave S.
    NM, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Dain Arns View Post
    I like it. I don't consider any of the reported "issues" to be problems at all.
    It's a definite upgrade from the previous version of the 206 they offered, which I have now officially retired out of my hangar.
    I can click off the fairings and use it for Bush work, ala "Flying Wild Alaska" (Yes I know, they used 207's for those that must nitpick)...

Hoping they did like last time and offer a reasonably priced expansion with amphibious floats and a cargo pod.
    Only thing I'll miss for the time being are the repaints, like the MAF, ERA, and Hageland ones.
    Wish I had the time to rectify that, but I just can't get any repaints done anymore.
    Too many other things to do in life.
    I'll be redoing the Hageland one
    Sorta annoying timing this.. I'd just finished my total rework of the textures for the original in HD... ah well atleast I have my floatplane! they can't take that away from me! (yet)

mt_flyer: take your time and try, heck I started out with flat carenado blanks :P There are techniques around to do even better work with flats than paint kits... I always flatten kits before working Better results.

Quote Originally Posted by bstolle View Post
    Well, finally someone who does realistic nav lights IMO.
    agreed - they should be barely noticeable in daylight unless you are right close to them - not some glowball of impossible green or red 'light' visible at high noon from a mile away
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    agreed - they should be barely noticeable in daylight unless you are right close to them - not some glowball of impossible green or red 'light' visible at high noon from a mile away
    Dunno, after seeing tens of thousands of airplanes at Airventure over the years, you can definitely at least tell when they are on. The strobes also look silly being a blinking white dot.

Hi,
    Just to let you know my G-SEMR texture has been up loaded here. I have also added a GPS on screen when viewed from the outside.

Attachment 89662

Many newer aircraft are being fitted with LED based nav lights and retrofit kits are available for older machines, these are very bright indeed, but the incandescent types do vary quite a bit.

Members who have read this thread: 2