Virtual Air Force for old geezers?

Thread: Virtual Air Force for old geezers?

Question Virtual Air Force for old geezers?

Hi all,

I fly FSX and prefer old jets, preferably British but I also love the F4, Skyhawk etc.

Is there a virtual air force that meets my particular needs? All the ones I've looked at seem to be very focused on the newest and most complicated airplanes - I can't be the only old geezer stuck in the 1980s, can I?

Love to hear thoughts and if anyone knows of an organisation, please point me to it.

Cheers,

Mike

Sorry - the 80's are much too recent for me.
    Rats - why won't anything work properly first time?

Much too recent. LOL:salute:
    Best regards,
    Jim T.
    USAF ret. ECM (Old Crow)

FSX Miramar, Warhawk 1130, myself, Storm, Warchild and a few other SOH denizens are members. We fly when we can, there is no set schedule but I'm trying to put together a few interesting flights. Most of the membership are Navy vets with a few from the other branches thrown in for good measure. The web address is here.......

http://fsx-miramar.webs.com/

Front page states our time frame 1965-95, mostly NAVAIR but that won't stop us from flying something cool like a Buccaneer or similar.
    AO1 USN Retired
    USS SARATOGA CV-60/ VP-65/HAL-5/VP-0919/VFA-305/NAWS-0176/HCS-5

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance
    We Are The Arms Of The Fleet

1980's? OLD?!?!? Hell, I remember as a kid visiting my aunt in Ottawa seeing a formation from an RCAF auxiliary squadron fly over her house in de Havilland Vampires!

N.

I can't sign up. Keeps saying my request timed out. ????
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Hadn't heard of this. Nothing against flying Navy, so I'm in. Thanks for the HU.:salute:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by strikehawk View Post
    FSX Miramar, Warhawk 1130, myself, Storm, Warchild and a few other SOH denizens are members. We fly when we can, there is no set schedule but I'm trying to put together a few interesting flights. Most of the membership are Navy vets with a few from the other branches thrown in for good measure. The web address is here.......

http://fsx-miramar.webs.com/

Front page states our time frame 1965-95, mostly NAVAIR but that won't stop us from flying something cool like a Buccaneer or similar.
    I signed up with the Miramar Flying Club and although I have not spent much time there due to real world commitments that have been taking all my time I have to say they seem to be one of the best military VAs to appear in quite a while. The people running it are very nice and have it well put together. If you want to fly 80s era aircraft or any other era in multiplayer, they have my vote as the place to be.

modelr, keep trying, it's a bug in the host's server, it took me 3 times to log in as an admin there. As soon as I see your request, if has not been okayed automatically I'll add you and set you to member.

Falcon, you are now a full member

Anyone else that has joined and is not a member vice limited member PM me and we will get you set right. If you have not figured it out I'm the Operations Officer/Gunner and work for Pappy(CO) and Warhawk1130(XO) so it's their ideas that I put into gear when we have an idea for an OP. Anyway welcome aboard and have fun, we're open 24hrs a day and no cover charge.
    AO1 USN Retired

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance

Looks interesting... Thanks for the pointer.

Anyone know where the Server Info is? I see the channel guide, but have yet to find any information on how to connect to the server or to TS3.:isadizzy:
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Not A New Member
    I think UKMil run a VA as well.

kurt

Old geezers.... INDEED! (as Dr. Smith would say).

Vietnam era up to desert storm...some WW2 and classics on the side. Most of us are over 50, none of us considers ourselves old, cept for strikehawk...he has more aches and pains than a 90 year old. Come on over and have some fun..we talk shop while we fly, and then some. We have alot of Navy vets;

one LT (surface warfare type blackshoe)
    two Army types, one is a woman, highly harrassed
    one A-4 pilot from the USMC
    one airforce refueling jock (storm)
    one AZ
    one AMS
    one AC
    one AO
    one AME
    one AD

And a couple of civvys. Hell, we have almost all the rates in a real squadron LOL
    FSX Miramar XO, RAZBAM Flying Club founder, Team member, crud crew, beta tester, and all around good guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Warhawk1130 View Post
    Old geezers.... INDEED! (as Dr. Smith would say).

Vietnam era up to desert storm...some WW2 and classics on the side. Most of us are over 50, none of us considers ourselves old, cept for strikehawk...he has more aches and pains than a 90 year old. Come on over and have some fun..we talk shop while we fly, and then some. We have alot of Navy vets;

one LT (surface warfare type blackshoe)
    two Army types, one is a woman, highly harrassed
    one A-4 pilot from the USMC
    one airforce refueling jock (storm)
    one AZ
    one AMS
    one AC
    one AO
    one AME
    one AD

And a couple of civvys. Hell, we have almost all the rates in a real squadron LOL
    You know I may have my share of problems but I can STILL READ WHAT YOU POST AZ1:isadizzy:

Warhawk is correct in that we have enough NAVAIR rates for a squadron, I have double rates ABF in the Fleet and AO in the Reserves, so a session can be as correct Navy wise as possible. We also have a Royal Army vet as well. All are welcome since we are not listed in our name on the FS Open site here's the IP for the FSX server

For the TS server password PM either me or Warhawk here or if you have joined up on the club's website.
    AO1 USN Retired

IYAOYAS
    Naval Aviation Ordnance

[QUOTE=strikehawk;817509 I have double rates ABF in the Fleet and AO in the Reserves[/QUOTE]

what he means is he wasn't content on starting fires with JP5, so he graduated to blowing stuff up instead...LOLOLOL

See how much fun we have?
    FSX Miramar XO, RAZBAM Flying Club founder, Team member, crud crew, beta tester, and all around good guy!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by strikehawk View Post
    You know I may have my share of problems but I can STILL READ WHAT YOU POST AZ1:isadizzy:

Warhawk is correct in that we have enough NAVAIR rates for a squadron, I have double rates ABF in the Fleet and AO in the Reserves, so a session can be as correct Navy wise as possible.
    Nooowwww.. Dont go liein to the poor folks giving them the wrong ideas.. theres no way we can be correct.. We may have everything exactly correct, but there is no way in hell we could ever hope to lay on the amount of military bull**** we've all had to deal with::Chuckles::.
    We have a great time. I love these guys ..

Quote Originally Posted by kurt190 View Post
    I think UKMil run a VA as well.

kurt
    Indeed, our Fleet has some vintage as well as new

http://www.ukmil.org.uk/vms/index.php/fleet

PS, the VA is only open to club members though:salute:

Quote Originally Posted by UKMIL View Post
    Indeed, our Fleet has some vintage as well as new
    Much like real life then, just with the word 'some' in front of vintage rather than new...