MASH 4077 scenery - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: MASH 4077 scenery

Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    ...Here's a screen shot of someone returning from Rosie's Bar. This was taken at the camp's temporary location somewhere in South Georgia.

Thanks to TuFun for the HU on Gary Burns' jeep.:salute:

RD
    I was looking at possibly painting headlights to the model since it's not modeled, but no way to do it because the way its mapped. So I added bulbs (fx_taxilight)(wip) to the headlights when turned on. It's two parts, Shockwave lights and taxi lights. More testing to do. -TuFun

P.S. Does anyone know how to contact Gary Burns (garya20)? I have some repaints I've done (RAF,Navy) Jeeps, and would like to get permission to release them.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Banned
    Blog Entries

Ambulance

Tried to get a freeware program called AI Formation Toys http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloa...ation-toys-v4/

to add a helo to the formation : it doesn't do helos however, it does jeeps in its own wierd way. You can add to what ever you are using in FSX other planes to your
    formation. You specify a straight line or box or whatever and other factors.

Attachment 89990

Attachment 89991

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TuFun View Post
    I was looking at possibly painting headlights to the model since it's not modeled, but no way to do it because the way its mapped. So I added bulbs (fx_taxilight)(wip) to the headlights when turned on. It's two parts, Shockwave lights and taxi lights. More testing to do. -TuFun

P.S. Does anyone know how to contact Gary Burns (garya20)? I have some repaints I've done (RAF,Navy) Jeeps, and would like to get permission to release them.
    VERY, very nice......This one I will be redownloading for the lighted one....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FSX68 View Post
    Tried to get a freeware program called AI Formation Toys http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloa...ation-toys-v4/

to add a helo to the formation : it doesn't do helos however, it does jeeps in its own wierd way. You can add to what ever you are using in FSX other planes to your
    formation. You specify a straight line or box or whatever and other factors.

Attachment 89990

Attachment 89991
    Really awesome....Thx, for the link.....

Banned
    Blog Entries

M*A*S*H Motor Pool

Hey Randy,

Think I've solved the motor pool problem.

Attachment 89999

Hey Randy, Think I've solved the motor pool problem.
    Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.:mixedsmi: :mixedsmi:

RD

Blog Entries
    I'll buy that.....
    JUST ADD WATER TO MELT INTO THE SCENERY

Blog Entries
    Hey Randy....
    Gorrie airfield is finished....I'll start on KIMPO tonight...

Banned
    Blog Entries

Major Burnes

Remember the episode when Maj Burnes decided he could drive a tank and was trying to impress Hot Lips?

I got one of those British challenger tanks (drivable). The gun will raise/lower. No V/C panel. Fun to storm troop the compound.

Attachment 90017

Still Working...

...on the MASH scenery. Here's two more WIP screen shots. I see where FSX68 has been entertaining you'll with some shots from the "beta" version before I got MCDesigns' land class bgls. One is looking back toward the medical building and the "Swamp." The other is looking toward the Mess Tent where you can see the helicopter pad in the background.

RD

Randy, you've gone a long way! This looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Randy, you've gone a long way! This looks great!
    Thank you :salute:my friend. I'm getting close to trying to upload it here at the Outhouse. Just a few more objects. Speaking of which, I just added another one. Everybody better check the duty roster....

RD

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thank you :salute:my friend. I'm getting close to trying to upload it here at the Outhouse. Just a few more objects. Speaking of which, I just added another one. Everybody better check the duty roster....

RD
    Wait a minute....isn't there usually some lady's garments tacked to that bulletin board? Oh, yeah...the FPS I forgot.

I'm just yanking your chain Randy

Wait a minute....isn't there usually some lady's garments tacked to that bulletin board? Oh, yeah...the FPS I forgot. I'm just yanking your chain Randy
    Well, I actually tried to add some to it. After a few attempts, I just gave up. Tomorrow's another day as Scarlet said, though.

RD

is this set in Korea?..or Malibu?...im sorry to ask a stupid question like that..but im wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    is this set in Korea?..or Malibu?...im sorry to ask a stupid question like that..but im wondering...
    The unit setup I sent RD is in Korea, didn't make sense to me to create a set in cali, but shouldn't be a problem for anyone to create it anywhere with RD's objects. I figured more would want to simulate actual war MASH flights than movie MASH flights. If this goes over well, I was thinking of a few more MASH units, a redo of the airfield nearby and maybe a combat scene.
    Best, Michael

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    The unit setup I sent RD is in Korea, didn't make sense to me to create a set in cali, but shouldn't be a problem for anyone to create it anywhere with RD's objects. I figured more would want to simulate actual war MASH flights than movie MASH flights. If this goes over well, I was thinking of a few more MASH units, a redo of the airfield nearby and maybe a combat scene.
    We both agreed that the "right" place was Korea. MCD did a great job on the land class background (I'm not really sure what it's called). All I know is he sent me three bgls to use with my scenery for which I'm very grateful. All of my last screen shots are from that scenery.

And as he wrote above, it is very simple to place the objects anywhere you wish. Before I got the landclass bgls, I placed them at the airstrip in South Georgia that I use for test purposes. I next picked out a somewhat isolated location in Korea and placed them there. Then I got the landclass from MCD. I then placed everything there. With ADEX, you can create an airport anywhere you want and place objects.

All of the screen shots that FSX68 has posted are from the camp located in Korea before I got the landclass bgls. I just wanted another set of eyes taking a look which he was happy to do for me.

If anybody wants copies of the objects for your own personal use, just p.m. me with your e-mail address. My greatest enjoyment comes from making the objects. Only flying I've done this week and last is checking for object placement.

RD

I should have read MCD's complete post....As he stated, there are some ideas being thrown about for some more sceneries to go with mine. One is a battalion aide station with, hopefully, some special effects like explosions, etc. The possibilities are endless.

And I might add, anybody who wants to jump in with some of your creative talents, please do.

RD

I should have read MCD's complete post....As he stated, there are some ideas being thrown about for some more sceneries to go with mine. One is a battalion aide station with, hopefully, some special effects like explosions, etc. The possibilities are endless.

And I might add, anybody who wants to jump in with some of your creative talents, please do.

RD
    Have you been able to locate the exact spot in southern California where the TV show was filmed and lay out the scenery there? I bet that would be pretty cool, post a shot of the helo's coming in over those hills.

Ken

Blog Entries
    RD.....
    Started on Kimpo.....
    Removed everything except the runway, aligned it the way it should be, and started adding the Taxiways, and grass areas.....Once everything is done with it....I will load it for download.....
    Then I will start on the 3 camps around the base......
    I will be adding a smaller international terminal, and passenger drop area. as it had then....

Quote Originally Posted by trucker17 View Post
    RD.....
    Started on Kimpo.....
    Removed everything except the runway, aligned it the way it should be, and started adding the Taxiways, and grass areas.....Once everything is done with it....I will load it for download..... Then I will start on the 3 camps around the base...... I will be adding a smaller international terminal, and passenger drop area. as it had then....
    That sounds like a plan. I'm looking forward to some WIP screen shots along the way. Speaking of screen shots, it looks like the lights are on in the medical building and mess tent. Must have got a bunch of causalties late in the day.

RD

Hi,

I work on the 4077 Bus and a high-res mesh (DEM) for most of the Korean peninsula.

The DEM work is progressing nicely and it seems that there are no topological anomalies that usually come with processing the relatively raw satellite data. Randy gave me a set of coordinates - N38*9.22' E127* 8.67' - I suspect that this is near a river bend in a mountainous region about 40 klicks to the north of Uijongbu.
    See encircled area on the image (the vertical scale of the DEM is exaggerated, doesn't really look like that).

Michael, Randy, is my assumption OK? If so I'll process the geotiffs with the resampler and give you guys a link for the mesh BGL!

Cheers,
    Mark

My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by trucker17 View Post
    RD.....
    Started on Kimpo.....
    Removed everything except the runway, aligned it the way it should be, and started adding the Taxiways, and grass areas.....Once everything is done with it....I will load it for download.....
    Then I will start on the 3 camps around the base......
    I will be adding a smaller international terminal, and passenger drop area. as it had then....
    That is excellent! Finally a place I can take off in the Milviz F-86 and go buzz MASH!

OK fellows....As you can tell from RogerWilco's post, this project is getting closer and closer to being done.

RD

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    That is excellent! Finally a place I can take off in the Milviz F-86 and go buzz MASH!
    Just promise to put a case or two of single malt in one of your drop tanks. Oh! and try to not hit the "Swamp."

RD

Members who have read this thread: 3