MASH 4077 scenery - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: MASH 4077 scenery

Here is the file I did, its near the location of where they used to film it. I didn't use any custom objects, just stuff from the FSX library and it was created around Megascenery.

Mash Unit Malibu Creek State Park, CA that is available here at Sim-Outhouse.

The Swamp looks great!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Gdavis101 View Post
    Here is the file I did, its near the location of where they used to film it. I didn't use any custom objects, just stuff from the FSX library and it was created around Megascenery. Mash Unit Malibu Creek State Park, CA that is available here at Sim-Outhouse. The Swamp looks great!
    Thank you. I'll download your scenery and check it out. Heck! No need to duplicate things. I wouldn't mind having a set up in my back yard like the photo in thread #3. Looks like it would be a neat "man cave."

RD

rdaniell,
    Some clever texturing helps, shadows and bright areas,
    Good lods in all models help to keep fps good in the game.
    Pm me about your scenery please.
    Robert John

Quote Originally Posted by Robert John View Post
    rdaniell, Some clever texturing helps, shadows and bright areas, Good lods in all models help to keep fps good in the game.
    Pm me about your scenery please. Robert John
    P.M. sent...

RD

Last WIP screen shot for awhile..

...I'm pretty much finished with the "Swamp" now. The only other thing I plan to do to it is attach a smoke effect coming out of the stove pipe.

I plan now to move onto some more of the objects. I have several more in mind....Nurses' tent; Surgical tent; club; Mess tent, etc.

RD

Thumbs up MASH scenery project placed on HOLD.

..I'm going to have to put this scenery on hold for the time being. That is until I learn how to minimize textures, etc. I added the hospital to my test airstrip this morning. Took forever to load as I have several other scenery objects at that strip. The total number of objects is about the same as the MASH scenery would have when all the objects are placed.

For anyone who was looking forward to this scenery, maybe later. If any of you would like a copy of the "Swamp," drop me a p.m. with your e-mail address.

RD

RD, I have the location and ground textures worked out, if you want to start using that spot for objects.
    I looked at the various areas with sat imagery and it was hard to find a good spot due to the dense population there is now, so i went with terrain as a factor since that will make or break the experience more (flying around mountain and thru canyons is always more fun, LOL) I did a small sat imagery area of the spot I picked at 50 cm p/pixel. Then I edited the main texture with a hi res dirt texture and then made a blend mask to just show the camp ground, the helipad area on a small hill (see red dot) and various roads leading into the camp. Then I changed the landclass to a more open, with trees one and denser forest around it. Here is what i have so far. I made the camp area big enough, I can always make it smaller. I am a ground person and do lots of driving around in the sim, so there is lots of detail at this level.
    Attachment 89524
    Best, Michael

Just stumbled on this site
    http://www.mash4077tv.com/features/camp/
    lots of great material and good refences. i was going by what I remember, but now I got lots to change, LOL.
    Best, Michael

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Just stumbled on this sitehttp://www.mash4077tv.com/features/camp/
    lots of great material and good refences. i was going by what I remember, but now I got lots to change, LOL.
    Michael, check your p.m. box....

The link you posted has some really good photos that I maybe can use to texture a simple "box" for some of the objects. That will certainly cut down on draw calls and texture files. Also, there are some good straight ahead shots of some signs that I can use.

Maybe this project still has "life" in it.

RD

Here is a 1977 article on the MASH Ryan.

Here's a shot from SketchUp of my latest rendition of the surgical building. I think this one looks more like the reference material MCDesign posted.

RD

Looking great!
    Intel I7 8700 16gb DDR4 RAM GTX 1060 3GB with Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Gdavis101 View Post
    Looking great!
    Thank You! I got an e-mail from another Outhouse member today who offered to "optimize" the textures for me when he has the time. With that in mind along with MCDesigns landclass work, I decided to press ahead with this project.

I now have the "Swamp", surgical building, generic tent, and shower tent completed. I still need to do the "Mess Hall", "Officer's Club", and a few other buildings.

RD

Looking good RD!

I have the ground almost done, will finish it and send you a link tomorrow.
    It is based off the camp layout from the website posted earlier and should be big enough for mall objects and then some.

Best, Michael

this is pretty awesome.....i hope you guys will finish this one......too cool

Quote Originally Posted by MCDesigns View Post
    Looking good RD! I have the ground almost done, will finish it and send you a link tomorrow. It is based off the camp layout from the website posted earlier and should be big enough for mall objects and then some.
    I shall look forward to hearing from you. I'm planning on using that same camp layout for object type and placement. Maybe in the not too distant future, we can all meet at the "Officer's Club" for a beer after a long day of hauling in patients.

RD

UPDATE: I just sent all the objects that I've made, so far, to the person who has volunteered to "optimize" the textures. I also changed the color of the tent fabric. I think this looks more like the ones in the reference.

I placed the objects at a test strip just to get an idea of how they would look. Here's a screen shot. Sorta hard to make out with all the green grass around. The objects will look a lot better with a dirt background.

RD

OK...I've finished the objects. Here's the latrine and officer's club. The rest of the scenery objects will be default.

RD

OK, so does the shower tent come equipped with a button command that causes all four sides to fall flat when Hotlips is taking her shower? And if so, does it come with an anatomically correct Hotlips taking the shower?

Cheers,

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhawk_310R View Post
    OK, so does the shower tent come equipped with a button command that causes all four sides to fall flat when Hotlips is taking her shower? And if so, does it come with an anatomically correct Hotlips taking the shower?Cheers,Ken
    NO and NO. Sorry

RD

RD, good work so far,

you might want to check the red crosses on the tents, they're normally surrounded by white to make an inverse of the Swiss flag. I don't know how they were in the actual show, but they look like the English flag as shown. If the red did run to the edges in the show version, then keeping the format as a square rather than a rectangle may help, you may already have that and the perspective creates that illusion, if so I'll be quiet now. :salute:

Allan

Quote Originally Posted by jetstreamsky View Post
    RD, good work so far,

you might want to check the red crosses on the tents, they're normally surrounded by white to make an inverse of the Swiss flag. I don't know how they were in the actual show, but they look like the English flag as shown. If the red did run to the edges in the show version, then keeping the format as a square rather than a rectangle may help, you may already have that and the perspective creates that illusion, if so I'll be quiet now. :salute: Allan
    Allan, I appreciate your observations. The markings on the hospital building are based upon my reference material.

I'm attaching another screen shot. This one shows the sign leading into the camp. This screen shot gives a fairly decent picture of how the objects will be laid out in the final camp which will be located somewhere in South Korea; not, South Georgia.

RD

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rdaniell View Post
    Allan, I appreciate your observations. The markings on the hospital building are based upon my reference material.

I'm attaching another screen shot. This one shows the sign leading into the camp. This screen shot gives a fairly decent picture of how the objects will be laid out in the final camp which will be located somewhere in South Korea; not, South Georgia.

RD
    Whoa!!! Randy, is the 5'o clock Charlie's plane I see to the left? What will become of all this once you've completed it?
    Looks nice so far.

Quote Originally Posted by FSX68 View Post
    Whoa!!! Randy, is the 5'o clock Charlie's plane I see to the left? What will become of all this once you've completed it?
    Looks nice so far.
    Once we, the others who are helping with various aspects of this scenery and I, finish it; we plan to release it here at the Outhouse. It is still very much a work in progress. Anyone looking forward to it's release needs to be patient and remember that the others are not retired like me. They have jobs and other obligations.

I've got to quit making objects, though, or the Frame Rate Police will be knocking on my door. Hopefully this is the last of the custom built objects.
    Couldn't have a MASH scenery without the sign in front of the "Swamp."

RD

MASH Scenery is still a WIP..

...Here's a screen shot of someone returning from Rosie's Bar. This was taken at the camp's temporary location somewhere in South Georgia.

Thanks to TuFun for the HU on Gary Burns' jeep.:salute:

RD

Members who have read this thread: 3