F.Guilis New Models

Thread: F.Guilis New Models

SOH-CM-2024

F.Guilis New Models

Hi Everyone ,

A simple question ?

Why isn't anyone converting the new Caproni"s to CFS 2 .

Whilst I would be lucky to convert my brain to normal , lots of people out there in SOH Land can easily convert all of the Capronini's to CFS2 .

I have tried numerous times to convert models to CFS2 -----always the same result ---- I'm a retard .

Anyway ,why don't the smart people (one of which I'm not ) start converting these models ?

Mr.Pepe has bowed out . Is someone else able to take oin his mantle .

Regards to all

P.S. Yes , Simonou I'm waiting for an e-mail stating how ridiculous my request is from you .

we need to request permission to do that. I can convert them. Some times I ask to my self "Why not" and reply to my self " There is not interest" may I´m wrong!
    To do a conversion means: Convert the model, convert the texture (Giuly planes needs to remove many alpha chanels) , convert air, aircraft files and add a dp file , but doing it in right way. Also the first step is request permissions. I´am volunteer! who follow me? Some one knows how to contact Mr Giuly?
    Cheers
    Mario
    Hit hard, hit fast, hit where it hurts and keep hitting.

Blog Entries

I might be able to help....

Quote Originally Posted by misson View Post
    we need to request permission to do that. I can convert them. Some times I ask to my self "Why not" and reply to my self " There is not interest" may I´m wrong!
    To do a conversion means: Convert the model, convert the texture (Giuly planes needs to remove many alpha chanels) , convert air, aircraft files and add a dp file , but doing it in right way. Also the first step is request permissions. I´am volunteer! who follow me? Some one knows how to contact Mr Giuly?
    Cheers
    Mario
    If you send me a PM with the text of your request and details as to how to contact you... I can relay them to Francesco..
    I have his email address but, of course, I cannot divulge it without his knowledge...

SOH-CM-2024

TO MISSION & GAUCHO_59

Hi Guys ,
    Thanks for the replies , if there is someting I can do to help -- research,write for permission or in fact whatever---please contact me and I'll do my darndest to help in anyway .

Regards

And there we go...!

Requesting permission letter is made, I´m waiting for Gaucho , So thank u Gaucho for your help.

News

Mr . Giuly has gave permission to do these conversions of his planes, but he also sugested to notice to Mr Pepe to avoid double work, because Mr. Pepe has word permision to make conversions of Giuly planes, without request permission by each plane. (that is I understand from Mr.Giuly in his mail).
    So we need to wait a some days. After that we´ll see what to do.
    There is some volunteer for the Dp. file?
    Cheers
    Mario

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano

Try MkMDL

Quote Originally Posted by 1150 View Post
    Hi Everyone ,

A simple question ?

Why isn't anyone converting the new Caproni"s to CFS 2 .

Whilst I would be lucky to convert my brain to normal , lots of people out there in SOH Land can easily convert all of the Capronini's to CFS2 .

I have tried numerous times to convert models to CFS2 -----always the same result ---- I'm a retard .

Anyway ,why don't the smart people (one of which I'm not ) start converting these models ?

Mr.Pepe has bowed out . Is someone else able to take oin his mantle .

Regards to all

P.S. Yes , Simonou I'm waiting for an e-mail stating how ridiculous my request is from you .
    Hi 1150,

I could not help but suggesting to you to download from SOH Morton's utility MkMDL, based upon Ivan Hsu's conversion software.

Everytime I used Ivan's programs off-the-shelf I had problems, with Morton's MkMDL my conversions always worked.

One word of advice, not everytime aircrafts built for MS civilian sims convert smoothly, no matter how computer whiz one might be. Most of the times it's the animation that converts badly or leftovers from the original *.mdl that prevent the aircraft from displaying and working properly.

In such cases, one must have Gmax or FSDS knowledge to manually enter the *.mdl and adjust nuts and bolts to a good end. Here, I cannot help you. I read that some FSX planes did convert well, while some refused to convert. CFS3 planes will not even start thinking to convert to CFS2, I never tried both, I limit myself to FS8 and FS9 models only.

Next step is to find a similar, if not the same, aircraft Flight Model (airfile and aircraft.cfg) built specifically for CFS2, because native airfiles and aircraft.cfg from other sims will not work in CFS2. You must transfer over the landing gear contact points from the original aircraft.cfg: the new ones from another plane will never match.

The same goes for a Damage Profile, or *.dp file, which is totally absent from a civilian simulator environment. Normally dp's coming from the same models will work fine, that is for example a CFS2 P-51D Mustang *.dp for a FS2004 P-51D Mustang, other than muzzle flashes and hardpoints, which will have to be readjusted as they will never be in the correct location.

I hope this helped to increase your conversion work confidence! I assure you it can be a lot of fun.

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Hello everyone. I see in another thread that Mr.Pepe is well. Days ago I sent mail asking if he had worked on these models, but still I have no answer. No that is supposed to be doing?. I do not despise the work already done by Pepe, but some we have already involved in conversion work also. What I understand is that there is nothing concrete about it, we do not know exactly which airplanes worked, or when he will return. All I know for sure is that Giuly has given us permission. Since your Rami you have contacted him please be more specific, as it is valuable time and energy involved. The mail sent to Mr. Pepe was provided by Mr. Giuly and I have no notifications of delivery failure.

Btw , I´m glad that Mr. Pepe is Ok, and I´m waiting his return like u.

Sorry, I have to say , now i receive a mail from Mr. Pepe. (some hours ago) , my apologies.

I have some real life problems...

Now, I'm working at the Capronis. I sent my Baltimores conversions to Morten. He has some new skins.

Cheers

Pepe