Boeing 787 Released
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boeing 787 Released

Boeing 787 Released

Hiroshi Igami of Project Opensky/SkySpirit fame, has released a Boeing 787. No panel, VC, or custom sounds but the model looks fantastic. Paintkit and GenX engines are still in the works. This plane is being released under the name "Tenkuu Development Studio" or TDS.

Available for download at Flightsim.com
    tds788trent_ana_ja807a.zip

Thanks for the HU!
    This model is mind blowingly good! Just look at the detailed undercarriage with hydraulic lines, and the inside of the doors and cargo bays!
    Just stunning how much detail was implied - definitely a winner!
    Thanks, Stuart

i don't normally fly airliners...but.... wow, this one's nice.... once they release that paintkit i'll be working on a fictitious RAF 'Vantage' CC.Mk 2

and I think near all VA's will start using 787 as part of their Fleet :ernae:

what is the best sound to use with 787?

any Trent series sound (800 series works best) should suffice at the moment...

thanks Matt will try

test flying the 787 on route LIMC-EGKK at the moment

does anybody tried to add A2A 3D Lights into this 787?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Wynn View Post
    once they release that paintkit i'll be working on a fictitious RAF 'Vantage' CC.Mk 2
    YES!!.... :salute:

I normally stay away from "tubes" as well... but THIS is a real BEAUTY. Reckon I'll be starting a virtual airline here pretty soon.

It seems that the link to Flightsim has quit working, so I would recommend just going over there, and search Trent 800 in their FS 2004 Sounds section. The sound file I'm using has 2 parts, the main file and an update, which I think is worth the effort. Until TDS finishes the panel for the 787, you cannot shut off the APU or the electrical with the provided panel. However the panel it uses is perfect for flight, and man, does this thing fly nice!

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

@Board Moderators

this Boeing deserves to be a Sticky Topic

Quote Originally Posted by Txmmy83 View Post
    Anybody tried to add A2A 3D Lights into this 787?
    Yes, quite tricky!
    I only added landing/taxi lights, as all others are fine and wouldn't work with flexi-wings anyway!

light.6 = 5, 9.9, -11, -4, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow
    light.7 = 5, 9.9, 11, -4, fx_shockwave_landing_light_narrow
    light.8 = 5, 56.3, 0, -11.7, fx_shockwave_landing_light_double_small

Stuart

(I try to avoid the Xenon lights, they are too bright for my liking)

Lightbulb

Nice model .. nice texture .. but it's stop there
    Seems able to climb at 10000 Ft/min .. :isadizzy:
    Methink the flight model need .. at least some improvement

Nice - thanks Dan! I'd love to see a freighter version, but knowing how Hiroshi thinks, it won't happen until Boeing does it.
    Thermaltake H570 TG Tower
    X670 Aorus Elite AX motherboard
    AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
    NZXT Kraken X cooler
    32GB DDR5 RAM
    750 Watt PS
    Windows 11 Home

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Nice - thanks Dan! I'd love to see a freighter version, but knowing how Hiroshi thinks, it won't happen until Boeing does it.
    won't stop me painting a door on it though as i'll have to when they release the paintkit so i can do my Fictional RAF 'Vantage' CC. Mk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Navtech View Post
    Nice model .. nice texture .. but it's stop there
    Seems able to climb at 10000 Ft/min .. :isadizzy:
    Methink the flight model need .. at least some improvement
    I have heard the same thing but their group on Facebook has a lot of the old Posky Romper Room crowd there so you dare not contest it. Hopefully, someone will fix it.

The jet does seem a little on the "hot" side at low altitude. I know nothing about how it should fly, or how the real one does. The rate of climb indicates that it has a lot of power, but my "Loach" Boeing 737-400 will climb fairly aggressively too. Not at the rate of the 787, but it will boogie along if you push it.

The 787 cruises very nicely at 40,000 feet... hmmm. About 25% throttle at nearly 370 KIAS... it's really easy to overspeed the plane, but the higher you take her, the easier it is to cruise. Anyone know the maximum service ceiling for the real plane...?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird686 View Post
    The jet does seem a little on the "hot" side at low altitude. I know nothing about how it should fly, or how the real one does. The rate of climb indicates that it has a lot of power, but my "Loach" Boeing 737-400 will climb fairly aggressively too. Not at the rate of the 787, but it will boogie along if you push it. The 787 cruises very nicely at 40,000 feet... hmmm. About 25% throttle at nearly 370 KIAS... it's really easy to overspeed the plane, but the higher you take her, the easier it is to cruise. Anyone know the maximum service ceiling for the real plane...?BB686:USA-flag:
    According to Wiki, service ceiling is 43000 feet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing...Specifications

Re. the questions about rate of climb, to an extent that is a "how long is a piece of string" question, dependent on whole range of factors from load to altitude; however, most references I've seen estimate the 777 climb rate to be about 3500 ft/min at sea level, dropping to about 300 ft/min altitude - all things being equal, I'd expect the 787 to be in that ballpark, anything more than 4000 ft/min would be pushing it. If this one is doing 10000, as per Navtech's post, then the FDE probably needs some serious attention.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Clayton View Post
    Not anymore it seems. He has also released Boeing's unreleased 777-8 and 9x.

The paint kit was released this morning. Should be on flightsim.com. New flight dynamics were released a week or two ago along with the GenX model.

Quote Originally Posted by Trans_23 View Post
    The paint kit was released this morning. Should be on flightsim.com. New flight dynamics were released a week or two ago along with the GenX model.
    eeeeexcellent! *runs off to paint shed*

ok... it has begun..... i've added a fictional Cargo Door!

FSX use of TDS 787

HIJACK

is there any way to contact Hiroshi for an non Facebook user?

While the RR flys perfect(apart FDE-power) in FSX (with Default 787-800 Panel+ tewaks) the given GE FSX model will not work at all.

Of course you can always use RR and rename the engine textures,but he may not be Aware of that fact

Thanks

Roland

well.... first 2 are nearly off the books....

just about to clear the paint shed, a Fictional RAF variant, which i've dubbed 'Vantage' (seeing as the A330MRTT is the 'Voyager'):

You should call it the "Victoria" Matt; the name has an RAF pedigree and, as it would probably be an interminable hangar queen, a royal name seems apt!! ;-)
    Andy

i toyed with 'Victoria' , 'Vantage', 'Vista'... but a buddy of mine decided it for me

... now to fire up a formation with Fire Trucks....

taken in FSX but here's the 'Vantage' in flight (Same texture resolution as FS9)...

You know... I have the 787, sitting in a hangar still dressed in house colours. That RAF scheme would sure look good on her... and would get the juices flowing to light her up and give her a few "assignments"...:salute: Beautiful work, Matt!

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    HIJACK

is there any way to contact Hiroshi for an non Facebook user?

While the RR flys perfect(apart FDE-power) in FSX (with Default 787-800 Panel+ tewaks) the given GE FSX model will not work at all.

Of course you can always use RR and rename the engine textures,but he may not be Aware of that fact

Thanks

Roland
    Check the title line in the Aircraft.cfg file. In FSX is is limited to 127 characters. I think the initial release for the GenX model had to many characters.

Members who have read this thread: 2