just a thought about the Air tractor family

Thread: just a thought about the Air tractor family

just a thought about the Air tractor family

ok..first off..i dont know what brought a stop to the development of the AT-802 aircraft that were being done for FSX,so i wont address that situation.

some time ago,i contacted Air Tractor and asked for permission to create/build several "AT" aircraft..from the 300 series to the 800 series,was going to learn Gmax,and use the Air tractors as my life projects..well i was told a huge..no foolin dont mess with me..you cant do it,flatout NO!!!.....NO..you may not do a "new build" of our air tractors for FSX..we have them in FS9..and they are just fine,i tried to explain about the "portover" issues and and how with FSX,they could be even better...the response was.." sir,i told you no already,and im done speaking to you".....and that was that!!.

so i had a thought, since id really like to have the AT-802U in the AEU paint and configuration...

could the original builder be contacted,(sorry i dont know who that is)and either ask him to "rebuild" his planes to true FSX/P3D standards....or let someone have the source code and "rebuild" the planes....refurbish them..so they wouldnt be a all new version..but rather a rebuilt verson of the original FS9 creation...that way...it wouldnt be going against air tractors wishes of not doing a "new Build" of there aircraft...

or am i all wet......im just thinking of what TuFun did with uncle Miltons howard 500

daver

SOH-CM-2023
    I was the designer of the FS9 AT 802's. However, I no longer have the source files and Abacus now holds the publication rights to them after I sold the model to them. Must be AT is following the Cessna/Gulfstream logic. A Flightsim model is a threat to real aircraft sales.

Which is a big switch since my Air tractors started life as a request by an Air tractor Sales rep, wanting something he could fly in the sim at trade shows.

Brian
    You can't take the sky from me...

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Umm. Is there not the native -802 FSN beta package on simviation?

Charter Member 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    Must be AT is following the Cessna/Gulfstream logic.
    i belive, though i may be totally wrong, that cessna own air tractor, so we can say hello to textron again.
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

You know...

...I understand Air Tractor's concern, since several times, I was on the verge of buying a fully outfitted BBJ from Boeing, but decided to purchase the PMDG version instead!!!!

RIGHT....

Nutty issue with these companies...I wish Gulfstream for one would relent on this.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    Umm. Is there not the native -802 FSN beta package on simviation?
    Yes there is; it is called FSN AT802 "Fire Boss" Lite Edition Package. When Flight Sim Nation couldn't complete the aircraft (due to a dispute with the modeler), they released what they had as a freeware package. The aircraft is not fully completed, hence the Lite Edition. With a lot of work I brought the aircraft up to snuff but (because of the way the freeware license on this model was worded) I would not be able to upload my heavily modded version.
    Mike Mann

Dave, there's nothing stopping you from having a native "AT" aircraft. If you intend on learning to model, do it. Build them. Just keep them to yourself.
    I don't know about your interests, but my enjoyment comes first in the hobby. If I release my work (which I generally do), others get to enjoy it.

Wink Not lost, just archived ...

Attachment 89182

FSX Native / Gmax

an 802U was originally discussed as well as the wheeled sprayer version.

... look at the pilots face in the "lite" ..... "Cheeeese"

~~ i build for myself and sometimes I share ...