Milviz P-38 Repainting Help

Thread: Milviz P-38 Repainting Help

Milviz P-38 Repainting Help

Hey everyone,

I was hoping that I could reach out and pick the brains of some of my fellow repainters out there.

I recently got a request to repaint the Milviz P-38 and there have been a couple of areas that are stumping me to no end. For the life of me I can't seem to find where the spinners are in the paint canvas of the paint kit, along with several other little parts like the small intakes on either side of the very front of the nacelles. I'm using a trail and error method so far, which is heavily tilted towards the error side of the equation. And since I do not own this plane I'm relaying the textures back and forth to the person who requested the paint job, working from screen captures and tweaking. It's the old lather, rinse, repeat as needed shuffle.

Is there anyone out there that has tackled this that may have some knowledge into how the paint kit is laid out so they can point out the areas I'm not able to find? I'd really appreciate the helping hand.

Wombat

The original fsd layout was this:
    intakes on body 01
    spinners on body 02

Hope this helps
    Cheers
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman

Thank you! This helped a lot. Although, those weren't the intakes I was talking about, I can't yet figure out the smaller ones closer to the spinner.

Never noticed those rascals but they are here:
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.
    Henny Youngman

Thanks again. After you mentioned that it was originally an FSD product I wanted to see if their paint kit was better broken down than the Milviz one. After downloading 193MB of executable I couldn't open A PAINT KIT because I didn't have a licensed copy of the plane. Talk about ridiculous.

mmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by Smashing Time View Post
    The original fsd layout was this:
    intakes on body 01
    spinners on body 02
    Oooo I'm liking that , Only purchased my FSD/Milviz P-38 last week .. nice to have been giving a discount coupon from Tim .. bit slow on it but course with JanKees paints out there it was not hard to decide .. and this paint .. really looks as if it has some bite to it

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();} else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Every time you buy from FSD we get nothing. Just saying.. As well we are redoing it with full on MV style...

Members who have read this thread: 1