Question about the Milviz F-86 Sabre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about the Milviz F-86 Sabre

Question about the Milviz F-86 Sabre

Hello,

I purchased the Milviz F-86 Sabre, and although it looks very nice indeed, I cannot get it to start or fly.

Is anyone aware of alterations that can be made to the panel.cfg file so that I can just get into the bird and fly it?

I tried the quick start mentioned in the manual, but for some reason that doesn't work.

I would appreciate some help here, because now the purchase amounts to a waste of money. I just don't have the time to figure it out.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Dumonceau

Hi Dumonceau,
    OK I am just loading my F-86 take some shots and will post up hoping this will help. Give me a couple of mins.
    Regards
    Timm

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Two Zero View Post
    Hi Dumonceau,
    OK I am just loading my F-86 take some shots and will post up hoping this will help. Give me a couple of mins.
    Regards
    Timm
    Thanks Timm!!

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Since it uses the Flight1 wrapper I assume their 30-day refund policy will also work for this aircraft.

It's really not that hard to start, just follow the instructions on page 5 of the manual ("Just tell me how to start it."), the only tricky is the timing to click the throttle. Wait about 3 seconds to click it after clicking the battery switch.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I'm really frustrated about this. Why can't they include the ctrl+e functrionality in every model?

Not all of us are real life pilots and some of us just indulge in this hobby to blow off steam and relax...

And I'm way past the 30 day refund period...

No longer active
    You can't start her up since more than 30 days ? Now that's what I call endurance
    Starting the Milviz F-86 is as complicated as pressing ctrl+e !

4 or 5 clicks and your bird is ready... refer to the manual and you don't have to wait so long, it's more easy than you think!

Hi,
    Have a look on page 3 of the manual that will help also.
    Attachment 88865

Here is a shot of the switches, Now I have moved the APU hotspot over to the right so it in the same area as the switches. Also make sure your throttle is moved up slighty and not in the fully closed position.

Attachment 88866

Quote Originally Posted by bstolle View Post
    You can't start her up since more than 30 days ? Now that's what I call endurance
    Starting the Milviz F-86 is as complicated as pressing ctrl+e !
    Endurance? Hardly! A lack of time and a busy life are more like it. I just have a life, a busy one. But obviously Milviz couldn't care less about people who have a life...

is there really no one who can tell me what to comment out in the panel.cfg to make this bird just go after ctrl+e?

No longer active
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumonceau View Post
    But obviously Milviz couldn't care less about people who have a life...
    troll alert.....

BTW, did you even care to read all the help that has been provided within a few minutes ???

Quote Originally Posted by bstolle View Post
    troll alert.....

BTW, did you even care to read all the help that has been provided within a few minutes ???
    Yes I have and I am thankful for it.

I'm also thankful for being called a troll...

No longer active
    you're welcome

Charter Member 2015
    I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Checklist

1. Throttle out of cutoff and into "Idle"
    2. "Shift-2" to bring up ground options - Select "Ground Power" and "Chocks"
    3. Engine Master Switch - "On"
    4. Battery - Starter Switch (just below Engine Master Switch) to "Starter"
    5. Watch RPM gauge, when RPM stabilizes, hit "Starter Stop Button"
    6. "Shift-2" to bring up ground options - DE-select "Ground Power" and "Chocks"

Ready to Taxi....

Kent

I'd like to see your purchase info please.

I will arrange for reimbursement for you should you wish, just show me your purchase info. Unless, of course, you don't have the time....

As to helping further, not until I see your purchase info. This is, after all, a support issue.

Quote Originally Posted by krazycolin View Post
    I will arrange for reimbursement for you should you wish, just show me your purchase info. Unless, of course, you don't have the time....

As to helping further, not until I see your purchase info. This is, after all, a support issue.
    I'll mail it to you. I'm not about to plaster my personal details on a public forum.

For what it is worth, I don't want the money back, I just want to fly the bird.

Milviz F-86F-30 Quick start videoclip:

Plastering isn't expected. Email is fine

I note that Milviz accurately describe the principal features of this aircraft on its website.

One of the advertised features is realistic start-up and shutdowns.

Milviz also provides the opportunity for a potential purchaser to download the manual, without any purchase commitment.On my reading, the manual leaves no doubt as to the start up procedure required.

The reviews of the product, which I have been able to locate, also record and refer to the start up procedure.

I would like to congratulate Milviz on its transparency and honesty in the marketing of its products.

best

nio

Dumonceau, do not give up.

It took me awhile to master the startup. Only after I watched the video on YouTube several times did I get it down right.

BTW, the Milviz T-38 is just as challenging.

--WH
    -- WH

If at first you don't succeed, try, try,try again. ... or go read the manual.

I appreciate the efforts of developers to recreate as much realism as possible in the addon aircraft they offer. I think the idea that a developer is being somehow callous or inconsiderate because they work hard to offer such realism is a bit strange. Of course, those who don't want that kind of realism certainly don't have to buy the aircraft. There are plenty of aircraft that can be bought that default to the incredibly unrealistic ctrl-e startup procedure. But as for me, I'll happily keep spending my FSX pennies for aircraft like the F-86 and the new AN-2 and others like them that offer the extra value of more simulation depth and realistic procedures.

There is no reason to become impolite. I would appreciate it if you could discuss inquiries about purchase details at the Milviz forums, by PM or by e-mail.

I don't think it serves any purpose to see two people quarreling about something nobody else in interested in.

Thanks for you understanding and cooperation,
    Huub

There's no quarrel but I would very much like to see his purchase info... Very much.

Thanks to the pointers of Timm and cortomalteseit, I finally succeeded in getting the Sabre off the ground. Thanks a million guys!

Members who have read this thread: 3