Planes that won't move

Thread: Planes that won't move

Planes that won't move

Since I attached this post to my other PBY thread ,I didn't get an answer.
    I have some planes ,mostly Burnage Typhoons that won't take off from the runway,brakes are off and I have full power but the planes just sit there. I have some of his planes that takeoff just fine but at least two and I think a P-51 that's not his won't take off.I've had a few that go down the runway but never lift off.
    If any one has any ideas as to fixing this ,I'd be very grateful.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hurricane3 View Post
    Since I attached this post to my other PBY thread ,I didn't get an answer.
    I have some planes ,mostly Burnage Typhoons that won't take off from the runway,brakes are off and I have full power but the planes just sit there. I have some of his planes that takeoff just fine but at least two and I think a P-51 that's not his won't take off.I've had a few that go down the runway but never lift off.
    If any one has any ideas as to fixing this ,I'd be very grateful.
    thanks
    I'm sorry hurricane but I downloaded and tested all the Burnage Typhoons I could find, SOH, Simviation, Flightsim, and all the Burnage Typhoons from those sites I could not duplicate the problem you were describing. Sorry. The runway I used was the stock Midway.

Hi H3

Well... I certainly donīt have an answer for your question but I have experienced something of the like.

In my ETO 1943-1945 install many of my aircrafts have problems with the power given by their engines. In some cases I can take off. In others I get so few HP that my aircrafts wonīt go any further than a few miles per hour so ... My AI wingmen collide with my aircraft that gets in their path.
    When, who knows why, I get enough power to take off and I warp to the next waypoint, I finish with a dead engine. Although I have the correct setting of power, propeller RPM, fuel mixture and my tanks have more than enough fuel, I see the propeller rotating but I loose speed because the engine/propeller are not generating any amount of push. I end flying a brick. It occurs with Thypoons in Canadian Wing Missions. When I get to this point I have tried changing the aircraft with many others through the in flight menu and end with the same results. Except when I change the nationality (a Bf109G started and functioned normaly) ?!!

That strange "behavior" doesnīt occur in other of my CFS2 installs.

I posted this before ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ghlight=engine ) but couldnīt fix the problem.

I hope someone can help you. May be the answer to your problem serves me well too.

Cheers, Discus

Well at least you tried

I don't know why some Burnage Typhoons will take off ,others won't budge,Guess I'll live without these Tiffys.
    One other thing ,I tried to install the F6F5C 1% Hellcat but although it showed up in my plane list in the CFS2 root tree it doesn't show in the sim.I noticed it doesn't have a DPC file,could that be the cause?

Hi guys,

Have you tried replacing the .air file of the planes that won't take off with an .air file of a similar plane? Example, use the .air file from the AlphaSim Typhoon for PH Burnage's plane.

TW
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

yes

in a word yes I tried that ,then the plane won't show up at all.

Forgive the dumb question, but, did you rename the new .air file exactly the same as the one you replaced? If not, that may be the reason the plane didn't show up. Done that a couple of times myself.

TW
    Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap!

TO PARAPHRASE THE MOVIE....

"Casablanca". Check all the usual suspects. Check that the sound file is aliased to one that you actually have, or the sound file has .wavs in it. I believe all the 1% ac default to stock planes. Check that first.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    in a word yes I tried that ,then the plane won't show up at all.
    Hi Hurricane3,

did you make sure the new airfiles you used were renamed accordingly to what the aircraft.cfg file calls for?

I mean this:

[fltsim.0]
    title=F4U1-A Corsair
    sim=F4U1A_Corsair
    model=
    panel=
    sound=
    texture=
    kb_checklists=

Now you must have, at least, a matching F4U1A_Corsair.air in order to have a working plane, while a missing F4U1A_Corsair.dp would only cause missing payloads and no combat damage.

The no-show tells me that the vital airfile could be either missing or simply wrongly named.

Furthemore, I am fanatic for real-life simulation. I fly with the HARD flight model on and with all the realism boxes checked, including auto-fuel mixture unchecked. I had similar problems in the past when I realised that a 100% rich fuel mixture prevents from developing full power in flight, with some planes even during the takeoff run. It's obvious, in a real-life piston engine we would be choking the cylinder combustions and wet the spark plugs with an overly rich mixture. There were no computer-controlled engines back then and I am sure some of us had to deal with choked engines during their lives!

So, I lean the mixture to 70-80% right after engine startup and down to almost starving the engine when I want to get a lot of mileage. Everything is fine afterwards, is it the same case with you?

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Quote Originally Posted by kelticheart View Post
    I fly with the HARD flight model on and with all the realism boxes checked, including auto-fuel mixture unchecked. I had similar problems in the past when I realised that a 100% rich fuel mixture prevents from developing full power in flight, with some planes even during the takeoff run. It's obvious, in a real-life piston engine we would be choking the cylinder combustions and wet the spark plugs with an overly rich mixture. There were no computer-controlled engines back then and I am sure some of us had to deal with choked engines during their lives!

So, I lean the mixture to 70-80% right after engine startup and down to almost starving the engine when I want to get a lot of mileage. Everything is fine afterwards, is it the same case with you?
    KH

Thanks for this info. I donīt fly real airplanes and donīt know too much about fuel mixture. So I will try this tip tonight and see what happens.

Cheers, Discus

I did but not sure

Although I renamed the file ,I'am not sure if I renamed it correctly,so I'll give it another shot.
    Also ,I always fly with automix and the other boxes unchecked,although I do fly the easier flight model ,I find I can't control the planes with the hard model,but I still like to control the mixture myself and always fly with the unlimted ammo and unlimtited fuel unchecked.The Lockheed Hudson is very hard to fly and even in easiy flight mode requires you to fly it constantly,the autopilot doesn.t seem to do any thing.
    Right now AC Man is driving me nuts(or I should say even more nut's than I already am).I have some planes that won't transfer in certain hangers and a bunch of duplicate planes,for instance I have two sets of the Battle of Britain Hurricanes .
    I have to make new hangers cause I have around 450 planes.

Fidenza, Northern Italy, 65 miles south of Milano
    ...The Lockheed Hudson is very hard to fly...
    I agree. When I fly it, I am constantly trimming it up and down and I can't find a satisfactory "hands-off", level flight attitude. It probably needs some airfile and CoG adjustments, even if Hudsons were advanced concept planes for their time in terms of wing loading ratio, very high.

A high wing loading will ensure higher speed and performance, but all at a good airspeed, because at low speed the aircraft becomes hard to control. Good WWII examples were B-26 Marauders, B-24 Liberators and P-51 Mustangs, great performers at high speeds but very tricky to handle at low speeds.

Right now AC Man is driving me nuts(or I should say even more nut's than I already am).I have some planes that won't transfer in certain hangers and a bunch of duplicate planes,for instance I have two sets of the Battle of Britain Hurricanes. I have to make new hangers cause I have around 450 planes.
    I do not like automatic utilities to manage my CFS2 files. I always prefer to stay on top of the picture with manual interventions, when I do maintenance to my CFS2 I am always working in Computer Resources, with the Folders option on, and see what exactly lays in my CFS2 folders.
    I would suggest you to try out Jean "Bomber"'s Easy multi-install instead of creating new hangars. You can find it here in the "CFS2-Other" section and it allows you to have a multi-theatre single install.
    It means also that you can have any given war theatre fractioned down. I, for example, have organised my ETO theatre in 1939-42 Early War, 1943-45 Late War, 1941-45 Summer Eastern front and Winter Eastern front.
    Each theatre \AIRCAFT folder reaches CFS2 limit of 100-110 aircraft installed, the whole ETO (x 4) allows me to have a combat lineup of about 450 planes installed. Then come Pearl Harbour, early PTO and late PTO.....and so on.
    Easy to manage and maintain, as long as you know your way inside a computer tree folder structure.

Cheers!
    KH
    :ernae:
    My wee mods here at the Outhouse:

FileUploadName=kelticheart

Thank you both

Thankyou both so much for your replys. I hate ACman it badly needs updated,I'am always loseing planes or getting duplicates. Don't know how many I've reinstalled cause ACman lost them.
    Also many won't transfer one way or the other,so maybe I'll try the file that you told me about about multi install.Trouble is that's something that should be started from a new install, it will take forever to do what you did.

Forgot

I forgot to say ,I'am glad I'am not the only one who has problems flying the Hudson,I thought it was just me.