On the slipway...Majestic class??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: On the slipway...Majestic class???

Outstanding, wasnt expecting to see her in game so soon
    On a somewhat related note I really should pick up that Sea King at some point.

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Yes, you should get the Seathing-great flier. But for a Wessex! Ah well. I should have a beta for you all latter this evening. Got the hull shape where I want it now.
    Attachment 90157
    Attachment 90158
    Attachment 90159

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    Yes, you should get the Seathing-great flier. But for a Wessex! Ah well. I should have a beta for you all latter this evening. Got the hull shape where I want it now.
    Attachment 90157
    Attachment 90158
    Attachment 90159
    What are these 3 gorgeous ladies? They must be Bonaventure , Melbourne and... ?

Attachment 90165

Attachment 90166

Attachment 90167

These would be a lot of fun

Blog Entries
    Looks great Laz - keep it up, mate!!!

DL

Members +
    Blog Entries

Angledeck Majestic class beta V.0

Attachment 90168

Attachment 90169
    Attachment 90170
    Attachment 90171
    Attachment 90172
    Attachment 90173
    Attachment 90174

Thanks everyone. So she's past her builders trials with a cornbroom flying from the yards. Still has to go alongside for fitting out, and I have to see about resizing the flightdeck textures to reduce some of the jaggies. Still to ship guns, a meatball, tilly, but the cat and cables work, she has night lighting, and its not totally pukeworthy!
    2.82 mb model, runs very nicely, no attached effects except default smoke. Majestic, Mebourne and Bonaventure(ish). Remember, its a generic light fleet, and a wip. Still, I'm pleasantly surprised that it looks not to bad at all. :salute:

Members +
    Blog Entries

New flight deck textures

Attachment 90199

Nice, and thanks! So far I carqualed the Banjo, Stoof and SeaVenom.
    Resized flight deck textures to 2048 and re drew. Should be sharper now, though I have not tried these in sim, so back up your crappy textures in case of trouble.

Thanks Lazarus excellent work as usual.

I've been experimenting with the standard FLOLS, if we put the datum just below deck height the deck lights are obscured by the deck and it all works fine, except when viewed from a distance, where the deck lights shine through the deck!
    Theoretically it must be possible to disable the deck lights somehow, e.g. delete or rename the critical file. We could then put the FLOLS anywhere.
    Any ideas?

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Happy its going well. Essex; the deck lights are in the flightdeck_LM texture. Edit with DXTBMP, or just rename a black swatch. I am hoping for a few hours this afternoon to see to the Mirror landing sight, or IFOLS.

Hi, Lazarus. Here is the first video of your Melbourne

Gave it a whirl with the S2 on the Bonnie last night, almost couldnt see her when she spawned in at 10 miles.
    Think I'll save the Banshees and Skyhawks for the finished article, realy looking forward to it

Craig
    "Thou shalt maintain thine airspeed lest the ground shalt rise up and smite thee"

Members +
    Blog Entries

Meatball mystery

I've been peering at models, reading through SDK, and nitz! How would I put a landing sight on this thing!
    I am also finding that the 5.5 deg angle, or whatever it is, is very easy to land on. Qualled the Bucc, Demon, Skyray, bit tight for the Phantom, but it goes aboard! Skyhawk, once I turned down the zillion deg/sec roll rate! Banshee goes on like a dream, as does the SeaVenom. Picking away at the models, though this week I've been doing more flying than modeling.

Lazarus, for day use these placings will do for now
    attachpt_runway_start {4.000,-100.210,13.340}
    attachpt_runway_edge {6.740,-100.170,13.340}
    attachpt_runway_end {4.000,78.800,13.340}

For night use I've used the same placings in the flols trailer mdl (the cat is required), so I now have 3 model folders in total.
    The night version has to be used with aicarriers.

[formation.x]
    title=HMS.Majestic night
    unit.0=HMS_MAJESTIC_night, 0, 69
    unit.1=MAJESTIC_FLOLS, 0, 69

I guess it may was possible to tamper with the LODs or deck material etc, to prevent the lights shinning through, but I just don't understand it.

With Coral sea the problem will be the fixed distance between the flols and the angled deck. Thanks for another addition.

Alternative 24hr config based on the Ark Royal setup

attachpt_runway_start {10.850,-92.577,14.140}
    attachpt_runway_edge {12.574,-92.340,14.140}
    attachpt_runway_end {-5.113,47.527,14.140}

Matching deck lights could be manually placed down the left edge of the angled flight deck.

Thanks for the Majestic ships! They are great fun :-)

I have been experimenting with some new 4096x2048 deck textures and they greatly improves the edges as seen on the lower res textures. I have not seen any problems with lower fps.

BTW, where can I find the RCN Tracker repaint as seen in several screenshots?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    Thanks for the Majestic ships! They are great fun :-)

I have been experimenting with some new 4096x2048 deck textures and they greatly improves the edges as seen on the lower res textures. I have not seen any problems with lower fps.

BTW, where can I find the RCN Tracker repaint as seen in several screenshots?
    That would be a lot sharper, my RCN Tracker is the Abacus version, but I hope somebody would done more repaints for the Milton Shupe's version.

All new super hi res deck textures for the HMCS Bonaventure. Still very much wip, but it should be pretty accurate for Bonnie. Any suggestions?

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Very nice , Jens!Thats is really amazing work. I am the first to say, I suck at texturing! Essex, thanks for the work on lights and meatball-though I'm still scratching my head at that. Would you post the modified model file? Sindhu, loved the video, it was a pleasant suprise when one on my mates mentioned seeing the ship on youtube. Glad its all working well,and I'm tickled at the positive reception from y'all here, given the crude state of the model.
    Trying to ballance work and home and FS (and loosing!), but the model proceedes. I've been at work on reshaping the hull- the stern has alot more taperand curve in towards the keel, so I've that in, and started in on the Islands for the straight deck, Melly and Bonnie. I also think I need to raise the boat deck a few more feet. None of the positions and textures will be affected, so all the new textures and co-ordinates remain the same.
    I am aiming to try to keep the vertice count at a minimum, and keep the drawcalls down and I'd like to keep the model under 4mb. As my system is bottom end, frame rates are very critical for m'self- much as I like the SBD Enterprise and FS Victorious, they turn my rig into a slide projector. (Nimitz does not! Riddle me that!) Also started into some deck apes, mules, tilly, and at least a Seathing and a S-58/Wessex for some tophamper.
    I think I will assemble those a separate model ( co-incident zero point) selectable with AICarriers. With any luck, should have a revised model along in a few weeks. Oh! The RCN texture is in the libray here, I think. I'll have to look and see.

Haze Gray and Under Weigh!

Thanks! My paint skills are also basic, but I think it turned out pretty nice. It certainly was a lot of research to get the deck paint and decals right. Not that many hi res textures out there of Bonnie as she was sadly scrapped fairly early in "her" life. Let me know if you would like to test out the new texture.

Hopefully the paintkit for the S2F-3 will become available as well and I'll see if I can make a Canadian Tracker to go with the ship (even if the S2F-3 model is not 100% accurate for the Canadian CS2F which had the short fuselage).

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Quote Originally Posted by JensOle View Post
    All new super hi res deck textures for the HMCS Bonaventure. Still very much wip, but it should be pretty accurate for Bonnie. Any suggestions?
    Only one suggestion. PLEASE release ASAP! Great work!
    Matt

Blog Entries
    Wow - Laz and Jens - what a fantastic improvement. Of course, you had to catch me on vacation, unable to try this lovely model???

The combination of a great model and a super paint upgrade means this will be a most delightful release.

Bravo to all involved!!

DL

Thanks

The latest improvement is that I have painted on the arresting cables and cable drum/hold up gear. Doesn't look to bad until/if it is hard modelled into the ship. A CS2F in early painting as well...

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Best regards
    Jens-Ole
    Repainting since FS5..

Early indeed! Are those Aussie roundels on the Canadian Stoof?