Fairchild 24 Series is away! - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Fairchild 24 Series is away!

Thanks for this awesome little gem Bill :mixedsmi:

Q'pla!
    "The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    The problem is that the installer is online-activated. If the installer cannot get the ok from home base, the package is invisible. What ever computer it runs on, it must have an online activation or it doesn't work.
    oh i see.....i didnt understand that part.....im assuming that is a piracy issue,,or anti-piracy i should say...:salute:

SOH-CM-2014
    The land where dust is manufactured and people are high temp tested!
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottj View Post
    Thanks for this awesome little gem Bill :mixedsmi:

Q'pla!
    Dommo arrigatto, Blue-skin-sahn.... (bows humbly)

Quote Originally Posted by Daveroo View Post
    oh i see.....i didnt understand that part.....im assuming that is a piracy issue,,or anti-piracy i should say...:salute:
    Yes. I was perhaps one of the last ones without such a system. Seems like nearly everyone has this but me till now.
    Humble Poly bender and warrior of Vertices

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate
    Running 3X Samsung 840 SSD HD's, 200 Gig each, 500/500 Read/Write

SOH-CM-2014
    So, everyone found the Autopilot hidden buttons?

Alienware Console i7 3770 CPU 3.40 GHz / 16 Gigs of RAM / GTX660 GC w/2 Gigs of VRAM / Windows 7 64 Ultimate

What ever computer it runs on, it must have an online activation or it doesn't work.
    To be clear - it must have an Online activation -AND- FSX installed on it or it doesn't work...

thats the extra difference that put the hole in my boat and that others who do the same thing need to know for certain

Also for clarity - sibwings and alabeo both require online activation but NOT fsx - so after they ping the host - I can run the installer to a folder on the desktop then transfer to my PC

Bill - thanks for the PM - I have replied
    Sorry to have distracted from your release thread...
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    To be clear - it must have an Online activation -AND- FSX installed on it or it doesn't work...

thats the extra difference that put the hole in my boat and that others who do the same thing need to know for certain

Also for clarity - sibwings and alabeo both require online activation but NOT fsx - so after they ping the host - I can run the installer to a folder on the desktop then transfer to my PC

Bill - thanks for the PM - I have replied
    Sorry to have distracted from your release thread...

No problem. Others will need to know that do this system that you use.

Note, you can install to P3D only if you wish. Its a dual Prepar3D and FSX installer.

Bill

HELP

ok I puchased and installed it. in the select a/c all the thumbnails show up, the a/c show up in the display but they do not show up in the sim:isadizzy: In the outside view all I get is red flashing beacon light nothing else, switch to the VC and all I get is the 2 knobs of the Narco radio nothing else. I do get the 2d panel but no interior views if I pan around.

Also in the a/c folders I see a panel folder and a panel backup or panel blocked folder, the backup and blocked folders see to have all the goodies in it and in the panel folder I see this in the cfg file:
    [FLTSIM]
    product_code=FSIM
    alias=..\..\terrain.1\Mountains\101203040\Belaire
    what's with this??
    There was mention in the release statement about the the textures being 2048 but could be reduced 1024 so maybe I need that?
    USMC Retired SEMPER FI:USA-flag:

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    So, everyone found the Autopilot hidden buttons?
    What ??!!?? Autopilot ??.............buttons, eh ? I'm gone.....
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH-CM-2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddog View Post
    ok I puchased and installed it. in the select a/c all the thumbnails show up, the a/c show up in the display but they do not show up in the sim:isadizzy: In the outside view all I get is red flashing beacon light nothing else, switch to the VC and all I get is the 2 knobs of the Narco radio nothing else. I do get the 2d panel but no interior views if I pan around.

Also in the a/c folders I see a panel folder and a panel backup or panel blocked folder, the backup and blocked folders see to have all the goodies in it and in the panel folder I see this in the cfg file:
    [FLTSIM]
    product_code=FSIM
    alias=..\..\terrain.1\Mountains\101203040\Belaire
    what's with this??
    There was mention in the release statement about the the textures being 2048 but could be reduced 1024 so maybe I need that?
    Hey RedDog,

Question one, no plane: Try rebooting the sim. There are two modules that need to be running for the plane to show up. Let me know if that didn't work.

Question two, alias': Yes, files all over tarnation.

Question three: Try the reboot before you try the smaller textures route. Lets get your plane visible.

ok will do back soon

Chapel Hill, NC and the Texas Hill Country
    Found the Autopilot !! Now I can make a beer run when I'm flying this sweetheart.....
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....

It's about learning

to dance in the rain.

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Found them first up Bill. Usually do a look around the cockpit of any new aircraft just too find the click hot spots.

One thing I could not find though was the starter. According to the pilots manual it is on the Magneto switch. Then manual says Magneto/Starter but the magneto only moves as far as 'BOTH'.

Any ideas?

EDIT: NO worries I have found it. Wasn't toggling it hard enough.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

Hey RedDog,

Question one, no plane: Try rebooting the sim. There are two modules that need to be running for the plane to show up. Let me know if that didn't work.

Question two, alias': Yes, files all over tarnation.

Question three: Try the reboot before you try the smaller textures route. Lets get your plane visible.
    Ok no go. Rebooted the sim got the same thing, rebooted the computer and sim and still get the same thing. Below my cp specs:
    Processor:intel core2duo 3.0ghz E8400
    Motherboard; ASUS P5N-T deluxe
    RAM: KIngston HyperX DDR2 1066 PC2 8400 4 ghz
    v card; ASUS 9800GTX+ 512 mb
    Windows XP Home
    I thought with old system I might need the smaller texture sets but I have no problems running the new staggerwing or Stinson so don't know if thats the problem.

Got it, love it, Thanks Bill

Bill, I think this may be your best effort yet. I am delighted with it. I especially want to thank you for not building the panel into the model itself as a lot of builders are doing. It is nice to be able to "fiddle" with the panel, if and when I want to.

Thanks again, from a very happy customer

Barry

Ok no go. Rebooted the sim got the same thing, rebooted the computer and sim and still get the same thing. Below my cp specs:
    Processor:intel core2duo 3.0ghz E8400
    Motherboard; ASUS P5N-T deluxe
    RAM: KIngston HyperX DDR2 1066 PC2 8400 4 ghz
    v card; ASUS 9800GTX+ 512 mb
    Windows XP Home
    I thought with old system I might need the smaller texture sets but I have no problems running the new staggerwing or Stinson so don't know if thats the problem.
    just thought, do up have FSX SP 1 & SP 2 installed?

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    just thought, do up have FSX SP 1 & SP 2 installed?

Rick
    yes I do.

They've always been good, but they keep getting better, Bill! :salute:

This old pilot appreciates the Mark 12's. So nice to see old radios in an old airplane. Love the canoe!

Manual is great. So nice to have the history. But, it's tough on my old eyes and I'd sure like to be able to have a copy in PDF form for the iPad.

cheers,
    steve

the 3 .dll files. They are in each of the different a/c folders,2 in the mics. folder and one showing in the a/c folder. Should they not be in the the main FSX folder??

Also can I delete it and try a new install? If so how to delete it.

SOH-CM-2014
    the 3 .dll files. They are in each of the different a/c folders,2 in the mics. folder and one showing in the a/c folder. Should they not be in the the main FSX folder??

Also can I delete it and try a new install? If so how to delete it.

Hey RedDog,

The DLL files need to stay there in the F24 folders.

We could not have a uninstaller as it would leave some planes without certain functions as they share components of this plane.

How about redownloading the Installer and running it again. Being that its 500+ megs, perhaps it has a birp in it and is corrupt. It does happen.

If that doesn't do it, then we may have to do a refund.

Bill

Hey RedDog,

The DLL files need to stay there in the F24 folders.

We could not have a uninstaller as it would leave some planes without certain functions as they share components of this plane.

How about redownloading the Installer and running it again. Being that its 500+ megs, perhaps it has a birp in it and is corrupt. It does happen.

If that doesn't do it, then we may have to do a refund.

Bill
    RedDog,
    Give this a try........Download manager-free trial. I purchased this last year and all of my large download problems disappeared
    http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/?v=616

Rick

Jetline HellFire GT2 FSX PC, Win 7 Pro 64, P3DV3.4.22
    ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Professional LGA 1150 Motherboard
    Intel Core i7 a770K (4.3GHz Overclocked) Quad Core
    Antec 920 Dual Stage CPU Liquid Cooler
    Nvidia 1GB GeForce GTX 1080 ti
    16GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz
    1TB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD+ 60GB SSD Cache
    Lifetime U.S Based Technical Support

" Don't criticize a man until you walk a mile in his shoes. And then who cares! You are a mile away and you have his shoes!!"

Attachment 88850 still playing around and learning

Hey LH... Three Screen Setup and when ya hit V it screenshots all three screens as if they were on one

But you can manipulate to any config

Attachment 88851

Quote Originally Posted by papab View Post
    RedDog,
    Give this a try........Download manager-free trial. I purchased this last year and all of my large download problems disappeared
    http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/?v=616

Rick
    ok will give that a try. I've been using DAP for a long time and never had a problem with it, in fact got this whole download in about 5 minutes.

Redownloaded the installer and no go,still getting the same thing when i select the a/c. It shows up ok in the display window but not in the sim.

SOH-CM-2014
    Redownloaded the installer and no go,still getting the same thing when i select the a/c. It shows up ok in the display window but not in the sim.
    Well, the only thing I can recommend now is to refund you. If you want to hang on a few days, I might have a fix, but for now, the only thing I can do is a refund. Milton is having the same issue. Plane is totally invisible and for no apparent reason.

Just to recap;
    * FSUIPC should be up to date
    * The installer 'must' be installed directly into the FS folder. IT cannot (cannot) be opened in a subfolder or 'new folder' or other drive. It 'must' be opened into the sim or this will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by doublecool View Post
    still playing around and learning

Hey LH... Three Screen Setup and when ya hit V it screenshots all three screens as if they were on one

But you can manipulate to any config
    That is one sharp system. Must be nice!

Members who have read this thread: 3